Edible

Do a search, there is a mushroom expert on here I remember seeing a thread about mushrooms. You could @ them to get a response.

If they get you high then you can sell them for profit

Need to show underside and include location.

C59-CFDB8-7-A05-4-D01-B856-089-C90-C15-A40.jpg

If no further information can be provided my best guess would be some rather haggard and peculiarly squamous Candolleomyces candolleanus, based mostly on the substrate and irregularly shaped margin. In any event, it strikes me as a harmless Psathyrellaceae, devoid of tryptamine alkaloids if that's what you were hoping for.

If no further information can be provided my best guess would be some rather haggard and peculiarly squamous Candolleomyces candolleanus, based mostly on the substrate and irregularly shaped margin. In any event, it strikes me as a harmless Psathyrellaceae, devoid of tryptamine alkaloids if that's what you were hoping for.
Legendary

Have you by chance experienced a substantial amount of rain quite recently? That could account for the unusual weathered and hygrophanous appearance.

Yes, heavy rains and a good thick base of wood chips/mulch.

That makes me more confident in Candolleomyces candolleanus (ex Psathyrella candolleana per Wätcher & Melzer 2020), but I would still like to see the hymenophore with stipe intact to be certain.

That makes me more confident in Candolleomyces candolleanus (ex Psathyrella candolleana per Wätcher & Melzer 2020), but I would still like to see the hymenophore with stipe intact to be certain.
Oooh talk dirty to me

This is how ancient I am, a friend and I went to the library to look up which mushrooms would make us happy for a few hours and not the mushrooms which would make us sick for a few hours.

This is how ancient I am, a friend and I went to the library to look up which mushrooms would make us happy for a few hours and not the mushrooms which would make us sick for a few hours.

These will do neither if my identification is correct, which I am fairly confident in. Not in the sense you mean. They make me happy by merely existing for me to study.

Back