Edgar warns McGregor: "Jos

orlandod

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Combate

img_1072.jpg

On Conor's last fight
"Siver broke my heart, but McGregor brought a lot of excitement to the division. We all have to thank him. I'm not happy about losing my chance to fight for the belt, but he deserves it. But Jos

Who's Frankie gonna fight now? Everyone else is tied up and it looks like they've left a slot for him on the New Jersey card. A lightweight fight maybe? Winner of Holloway/Miller?

there's an old adage in boxing, "it's easier to win a title shot than get a title shot". Serra sure learned that. McGregor is lucky (or whatever adjective one wants to use) to get to fight for the title prior to fighting Cub, Edgar, Lamas or Mendes.

and although Aldo is harder to hit, has good footwork and great shoulder rolls, he also tends to stay in about exactly McGregor's sweet spot (not unlike how Siver parked there the other night.) unlike how, say, Frankie Edgar is always moving and is never in that spot for long.

and if Aldo doesn't take out McGregor's legs it could be a bad place to be.

should be a good fight. i look forward to it.

When McGoat was matched against Poirier people was "hes a tough test", it will be a close contest and Poirier might win. some went even so crazy that poirier will finish conor...we all know how it went down

its the case here too, conor is just too good...Its conor who is different kind of beast here

He must really mean it to say it again today.

Maybe finally make the Urijah Faber match?

Faber is matched up too, I can't remember who it's against but it was announced in the last week or so.

Edit: Can't find anymore info on that, maybe Faber is available. Would love to see that fight

Edgar should go back to 155. Edgar vs Cerrone.

Mgregoat catches aldo off guard and wins via tko...
Then aldo is offered a rematch but gets injured and edgar steps in and beats down the mgregoat breaking him in a gruelling grinding battle to win the belt but then aldo is back and he out points edgar in a rematch to get his belt back.
Aldo < mgregoat < edgar < aldo.

It's science.

Faber is matched up too, I can't remember who it's against but it was announced in the last week or so.

Edit: Can't find anymore info on that, maybe Faber is available. Would love to see that fight

I think there were rumors of a rematch with Rivera because of the foul, but I don't think they ever made the fight.

Hope Frankie trains for a showdown with McGregor because no matter what the outcome I think he will be fighting CMG.

FFS there is a universe of difference between Aldo and McPikey you fanboys are completely deluded to think the the Irish guy what his name has any chance whatsoever of derailing Aldo

Edgar should go back to 155. Edgar vs Cerrone.

size isn't everything in fighting.. but i can't imagine edgar having much success against a guy as highly skilled as cerrone paired with his physical advantage and size over him.

size isn't everything in fighting.. but i can't imagine edgar having much success against a guy as highly skilled as cerrone paired with his physical advantage and size over him.

Never underestimate Frankie.

Conor is the best striker Jose ever fought, Frankie and KZ are close second.

i really can't wait for Aldo vs Conor

Edgar is correct. Jose Aldo is the champ for a reason, and none of McGregor's previous opponents move or strike like he does. Also, Aldo's boxing and power punches are excellent. During Aldo/Mendes 2 Aldo didn't throw many kicks at all, and relied on his boxing skills, which worked great. McGregor's sweet spot is also Aldo's, and McGregor's typical wide open stance will not end well for him.

When McGoat was matched against Poirier people was "hes a tough test", it will be a close contest and Poirier might win. some went even so crazy that poirier will finish conor...we all know how it went down

its the case here too, conor is just too good...Its conor who is different kind of beast here

Not even in the same ballpark in comparison.

Aldo hasn't lost in almost a decade and has fought the best competition around. He is an all around martial artist who is as confident as you will see since he has the resume to back it up.

To see people question Aldo in this fight as opposed to questioning Conor is strange to me. One has proven time and again that he can win against elite competition of all styles while the other has shown he can take guys out who are many levels below Aldo and the guys he has already fought and beaten.

Conor is talented but I am going into this fight wondering what we really have with him. No one he has ever faced is anywhere close to the fighter that Aldo is. This fight will tell a lot about him while with Aldo, we already know that he is a great fighter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back