Edgar is going to do to Aldo what Cain did to JDS

It was years ago, then he stuffed Maynards shots and even took him down in the rematches.

Yes and? Does that in any way justify the fence grabbing? Aldo was stuffing all of Mendes shots prior to the fence grab, so it really doesn't matter that he did, right?

Im cheering for Aldo all the way in this one........but there is no way Frankie is big underdog. I have this fight very very even.......is going to be very close if its goes to the judges I think unless Aldo get the KO. It may be that Aldo get the better of the standup while Frankie gets a few takedowns and top control.

Because people were saying the same thing about JDS because of word of mouth rather then actual evidence.

I don't remember anyone claiming that JDS has beaten Werdum in BJJ twice, as a brown belt.

Besides, it's not like Aldo hasn't shown any BJJ in his MMA fights. He mounted Florian (who else has done that?) and showed some great grappling against MTB.

Im cheering for Aldo all the way in this one........but there is no way Frankie is big underdog. I have this fight very very even.......is going to be very close if its goes to the judges I think unless Aldo get the KO. It may be that Aldo get the better of the standup while Frankie gets a few takedowns and top control.

Aldo is -245. Frankie is a substantial underdog.

That's one of the worst arguments i've ever seen on Sherdog, the home to some of the biggest idiots that roam the internet, so that means a lot.

I don't even know what to say. Smh...

Not trying to start anything, but "I don't remember it, so it obviously isn't as important", isn't exactly the best argument. I don't remember the grab in particular either (They've spent too much time fighting one another me thinks :icon_lol:, I'm just saying.

Carry on.

hahaha im in bed, typing as im laying. dont care. aldos grab was epic bad.

hahaha im in bed, typing as im laying. dont care. aldos grab was epic bad.

Lol, i like you, despite you making that terrible terrible argument.

Btw, i'm not defending Aldo's fence grab, it was a shitty move, but let's not pretend that he's the only fighter to have done so.

Unlike JDS, Aldo has something called knees in his arsenal, which Mendes found out the hard way. Not to mention Aldo's fought wrestlers already, such as the aforementioned Mendes and Faber, all who haven't had much success in taking him down. In the Hominick fight he admitted afterwards that he had bulked up recently and had a hard time cutting weight, which he later remedied by cutting some muscle mass so that he wouldn't have as much cardio issues.

All that being said, I've put my money where my mouth is and have $420 to win $200 on Aldo to win over Edgar.

Fair enough, but talking about how Hose is an immigrant name and the UFC protecting Aldo from being thought as one (lol) is kinda muddy.

Yea haha I understand it does come off as slightly racist and ignorant I just wasn't sure why the change but no harm no foul.

Its kind of a doubled edge sword, if Edger can capatalize early on catching the leg Aldo might become hesitant in throwing it. If aldo wants to throw them kicks he better set them up/hide thewm well

I dont know if Faber couldnt stop those leg kicks...
I just hope theres a finish because if Edgar brings his decisioning to another division I'll be sad. I really do hope Jose destroys Edgar

Edgar and Cain are very, very different fighters, as are JDS and Jose. This comparison is shit.

Unlike JDS, Aldo has something called knees in his arsenal, which Mendes found out the hard way. Not to mention Aldo's fought wrestlers already, such as the aforementioned Mendes and Faber, all who haven't had much success in taking him down. In the Hominick fight he admitted afterwards that he had bulked up recently and had a hard time cutting weight, which he later remedied by cutting some muscle mass so that he wouldn't have as much cardio issues.

All that being said, I've put my money where my mouth is and have $420 to win $200 on Aldo to win over Edgar.

The difference is that Edgar is better at everything then Faber and Mendes. he took Bendo down without much trouble, Maynard and BJ aswell.

Aldo also doesn't throw as much leg kicks as he did in the past. his cardio isn't the best either. yeah he did have a bad weight cut against Hominick and thats not even up for debate but he still slowed down in the Florian fight and that wasn't a fast paced fight by anymeans.

Yes and? Does that in any way justify the fence grabbing? Aldo was stuffing all of Mendes shots prior to the fence grab, so it really doesn't matter that he did, right?

No it doesn't but this is sherdog and your last fight is all that matters.

Aldo stuffed one or two but that doesn't mean he can stuff all of them.

Last edited:
Stupid comparison, and Aldo could maul Edgar. Who knows, this is MMA.

Back