Edgar Berlanga-Steve Rolls Set For March 19 At Madison Square Garden’s Hulu Theater

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.boxingscene.com/edgar-b...9-madison-square-gardens-hulu-theater--163324

BoxingScene.com has learned that a deal has been finalized for Berlanga to box Steve Rolls in a main event ESPN will televise March 19 from Madison Square Garden’s Hulu Theater in New York. Toronto’s Rolls (21-1, 12 KOs) has been Berlanga’s targeted opponent since before the Brooklyn-bred banger’s subpar performance against Marcelo Coceres on the Tyson Fury-Deontay Wilder undercard October 9 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

At some point Berlanga is getting KO'd, it's just a matter of time.
maybe. maybe he’s another tito trinidad, hits the canvas every fight but gets back up and KO’s his man. berlanga fits the puerto rican mold perfectly. big puncher, big heart, no chin.

i can see rolls dropping him but rolls has no killer instinct whatsoever. ok puncher, terrible finisher

maybe. maybe he’s another tito trinidad, hits the canvas every fight but gets back up and KO’s his man. berlanga fits the puerto rican mold perfectly. big puncher, big heart, no chin.

i can see rolls dropping him but rolls has no killer instinct whatsoever. ok puncher, terrible finisher

I don’t think Berlanga is in the same stratosphere as Tito, aside from nationality.

I understand the reference but Tito was such a special kind of fighter (and I’m pretty biased as he’s one of my all time favorites).

Comparing this guy to Trinidad is an insult to the hall of famer… this guy is a product of fighting spirits with no pulse

Yeah, Jackson had fast hands and decent technique. Berlanga could be more of a Randall Bailey IMO. If he’s lucky.
True

He fights at 168, power is his only weapon alrhough JJ boxed pretty well in some fights and like Jackson seems to have a shaky chin.

Bailey I’ll never understand the hype he gets, avergae boxing skills, terrible finisher, all his ko wins were against nobodies, he couldn’t finish Hurtado who got KTFO by Whitakker, but yet Bailey couldnt finish the job, but yeah EB will be lucky if he can pick up a title at some point.

I don’t think Berlanga is in the same stratosphere as Tito, aside from nationality.

I understand the reference but Tito was such a special kind of fighter (and I’m pretty biased as he’s one of my all time favorites).
Comparing this guy to Trinidad is an insult to the hall of famer… this guy is a product of fighting spirits with no pulse
i just meant as far as strengths and weaknesses go. both decorated amateurs with big power and weak chins. again, this is kinda the puerto rican archetype. think juanma lopez, felix verdejo, wilfredo gomez, edwin rosario, jorge maysonet. they live by the punch and die by the punch.

I wouldn’t write him off yet, the 15 1st round ko streak hurt him more than anything, he’s basically still a beginner, he and his team should have developed his skills rather than going for an impressive but meaningless streak

Pretty sure Jackson was around 45-1 with 43 KO’s at one point.
No way Berlanga gets anywhere close to that. Berlanga is more Julian Letterlough than Julian Jackson.
Jackson gets bashed for his lack of durability, but until he was WAY past his best, with detached retinas. I don’t think he was down in a fight other than the McCallum fight? He also did finish the fight on his feet. His chin isn’t as bad as people make it out to be.

Berlanga has fought less than 24 rounds in his entire pro career career

Back