Eddy Reynoso (Canelo Trainer) invites Mcgregga to train with him n his team (canelo, garcia,valdez)

Why so he can get his legs balloond up by kicks again in that stance

This would improve Conor's boxing 100%. He is pretty average at short range. He doesn't know how to defend himself. That being said I feel like he needs more than a better boxing coach. He needs a whole new camp.

Honestly, the last thing Conor needs is boxing training. He looked absolutely awful in his last fight. He came into the fight basically as a one dimensional boxer and completely abandoned/forgot the style that got him to the top. His stance was off, his reactions/reflexes were off, his kicks were nowhere to be seen, his movement looked awful. He gave up an incredibly easy takedown that Dustin barely even tried for. He looked like a completely different fighter. Kind of looked like a boxer newly transitioning to mma. To me, he seemed to be clearly looking past Dustin and just looking towards the Pac-Man fight. He needs to be all in or all out. Give up the boxing nonsense or retire. His last fight was an embarrassment and undoubtedly damaged his brand.
He needs to improve his boxing, it hasn't improved and actually his boxing got stagnant a bit while Dustin's improved. He was always boxing focused on his style. Everything was to set up his hands. So his boxing needs an upgrade because it's been figured out. Dustin outboxed him and was countering his main combos. Yes work on his kicking game too, but he also needs to change up his boxing game.

He needs the style that Canelo and his trainers can show him. A mix of mexican style with western style, Philly shell, slick-style boxing.

how are they gonna help him not get calf kicked tho?
This is to improve and upgrade his boxing combos/timing/patterns and add an inside boxing game. He needs to do muay thai to condition his legs, learn timing for leg kicks, and learn how to be light on the front foot. He needs to train both and more. But to think he doesn't need to train boxing when it's always been his biggest strength doesn't make much sense to me. Yes, work on everything else but also strengthen your strengths. Especially since Dustin figured out his boxing combinations and has counters for Conor's main combos.

It’s about the fourth time that I scroll through the threads and have to do a double take because I thought someone said “McN**gga”. Who spells it like that lol.

I’m sure Canelo can teach him how to cheque the leg kicks.

Dustin outboxed him lol? Dustin was getting lit up until he started landing the calf kicks and conor quit like usual
He outboxed him, he only connected in the first round when he was fresh and still had speed/timing. Plus Dustin was being cautious in the beginning of the fight because he didn't want to get taken out early. Once he realized he could handle the power he turned it up. From after the clinch to the end of the fight Conor was getting outboxed. He got KO with inside boxing. He didn't lose by calf kicks. He would've got KO anyway even without the calf kicks. Dustin was just waiting for a moment he had Conor hurt before he steps in and outboxes him on the inside. Conor doesn't have an offensive/defensive inside boxing game. It was a weakness that showed in Nate's fight and was highlighted in Mayweather's fight.

Why so he can get his legs balloond up by kicks again in that stance
didn't he used to use a karate stance and now he just digs in his heels and is almost flat footed?

This is a once-in-a-lifetime chance, but he’ll waste it. He prefers to train with bums and yes men.

Last edited:
"Do you remember what you talked about about him beating Dustin and Nate on trilogy fights? Do you remember those fights?
That's why there's TRT Conor. That guy was an animal back then! What'd you think, it was fruits and vegetables?!"

<CanYouSeeMeNow>

He outboxed him, he only connected in the first round when he was fresh and still had speed/timing. Plus Dustin was being cautious in the beginning of the fight because he didn't want to get taken out early. Once he realized he could handle the power he turned it up. From after the clinch to the end of the fight Conor was getting outboxed. He got KO with inside boxing. He didn't lose by calf kicks. He would've got KO anyway even without the calf kicks. Dustin was just waiting for a moment he had Conor hurt before he steps in and outboxes him on the inside. Conor doesn't have an offensive/defensive inside boxing game. It was a weakness that showed in Nate's fight and was highlighted in Mayweather's fight.

i don't know how you can be so confident Conor would've been KO'd without the calf kicks compromising his leg. the calf kicks were such a crucial tactic to Poirer's gameplan it seems unreasonable to totally disregard their affect on the fight.

They’ll strengthen the calves and teach him to defend instead of depend on chin

he had MMA coaches for his last fight too, he still got his leg destroyed.
so, now he will work on his boxing with world class guys and hopefully fix the mistakes he made. The whole argument is that, you could have boxing coaches and MMA coaches too..

Putting so much focus on boxing is what made him a worse MMA fighter to begin with.

Not that he would ever have held a title for long with worst ever cardio and heart.

i don't know how you can be so confident Conor would've been KO'd without the calf kicks compromising his leg. the calf kicks were such a crucial tactic to Poirer's gameplan it seems unreasonable to totally disregard their affect on the fight.
Because the calf kicks didn't really do anything in terms of his striking movement that wasn't already happening. He was already tired in the first after the clinching, he got desperate in the 2nd. He was already stationary before the calf kicks did any damage, he was already getting countered at the end of round 1 and most of round 2. He got knocked out after getting clipped by a counter by Dustin, then Dustin stepped inside and finished him using inside boxing. Only thing calf kicks did was stop Conor from being able to step in to his 1-2. Which didn't really matter at that point because Dustin had the timing/speed of Conor's 1-2 already and had Conor missing the combination over and over again, or getting countered while attempting it in round 2. He wasn't using movement before the calf kicks so it didn't affect his stationary new stance/style.

Lots of people think it's the calf kicks that won the fight. The fight was won already before the calf kicks, it just sped it up. The outcome would've been the same with or without the calf kicks.

Canelo spent his lifetime developing his guard. I remember when I used to think he had only average defense. Times have changed.

Back