Eddie wineland

Moonman13

White Belt
Reaction score
Did anyone see that KO coming? Anybody got the gif?
Who is next for him?

I don't think anyone thought he was going to get KO'd cold. I thought that fight was a lock for him. A top 5 fighter against a nobody.

I thought it would be a pretty easy fight for him but after Eduardo landed those leg kicks and tagged him with a punch I felt the fight could go south for Eddie real quick.

That is what happens when you fight lazy against the MT coach of Aldo and Barao.

I very rarely make bets this big, but I dropped $400 on a Lentz-Wineland parlay.

That was a LOT of money for me. Obviously I am sick to my stomach and no, I did not see it coming.

Had a bad feeling a few minutes before the fight, which I didn't before, and when he was in the cage he didn't look himself, very twitchy nervous movement, not as smooth, and Eduardo just had to wait for the counter as Wineland was coming right to him (whereas Wineland is usually a good counter striker). He just seemed off and I already had a bad vibe, so unfortunately I sort of saw a loss coming. Surprised a bit at the ko though as he's never lost via strikes before (well legitimately he did to Barao, but that was a terrible stoppage).

I always see him getting KO in every fight seeing the way he leaves his chin high up all the time

Didn't see it happening to Wineland, who is known for good standup and chin. But once those leg kicks started to land, no good was going to come from that for Eddie.

Tough fight for EW, many called it a "little to gain if you win, looks bad if you lose", fight. That may be true, but EW lost. And he lost badly.

Thought Wineland was going to win; younger, faster, better overall.

What's surprising is that Eduardo was the guy Gomi beat up way back in 1999 (Vale Tudo Japan) rather easily. Since then he hasn't really been heard or seen of (on a big stage). Today he looks good, fast and on point, at 35 years old.

Actually, I'm from Chicago and I train with a guy at my gym that is also a part of Eddie's team at New Breed. Apparently they were very worried about this fight and looked at a lot of tape on Johnny Eduardo. The last time I saw this guy I remember he looked at me and said, "ya well damn, too bad he's fighting Johnny Eduardo you know?" They definitely weren't taking him lightly, and knew exactly what he was bringing. Sucks though, I feel for the guy. Hopefully he bounces back.

He wasn't using as much head movement as he usually does. Keeping his hands as low as he does it was a recipe for disaster.

CriminalPresentClumber.gif

A nobody from Nova Uniao is better than most fighters on the roster.

Back