Eddie Wineland - - What's next

Kaipo4481

White Belt
Reaction score
First off, I've been a huge Eddie Wineland fan since his days fighting in Hammond, Indiana.. With that said, it was a tough KO loss this past Saturday for the former title contender and #4 ranked bantamweight. I wanted to get some opinions on how the rest of you feel Winelands career will go from here. Did this loss pretty much end any serious title hopes for Eddie?? Does the KO loss cause him to lose that hunger/fire, does he switch training camps (training camp is based in Chicago and Indiana), does he try to adapt a more technical striking approach (hands up/chin down), maybe implement more ground and pound/wrestling into his gameplan..

perhaps a change in camp and better walk out song

prolly will focus on not getting knocked out. and instead knocking the other person out.

Possibly he'll change his fight approach. Hands up, takedowns attempted. I really think that would help Eddie.

Change of camps would be nice to see. Don't think he really trains with anyone notable.

As far as ranking it will obviously hurt him but in the long run I don't think so cuz Eduardo is no joke.

He proved it and will continue to do so which will make the loss seem less of a big thing down the road.

He's never going to fight for the title again, but if he improves his defense and form (hands up/straighter punches) he can still be a legit gatekeeper.

A new boxing coach.

his boxing is actually rather good by MMA standards when you ignore the fact that he keeps his hands down

but yeah, a new camp is a good move, as is keeping his hands up, maybe diversifying his striking a bit

Back