Eddie Wineland claims fight stopped early.

in a title fight u gotta let these guys fight, Yves!

Agreed. The way the word "finished" is used currently in MMA just makes a mockery of the word. The only way to truly finish a fighter is to kill him, and possibly his children if he has any (his blood line and all).

They should also eat his heart in the middle of the octagon like a Syrian rebel so they will know that their seed will be wiped from the earth forever.

30_hoap_magua.jpg

I thought it was an early stoppage too but it'd be a miracle if he came back after that. Barao was attacking him like a piranha.

The kick hit hard and Barao's first punch after the kick sealed the deal. Wineland should quit with the excuses.

I agree, it was stopped too quick as none of the follow up punches landed and he was defending himself.

Shitty ref thats why.

I thought it was a good stoppage but I was a few beer deep by then

Was a bit early but barao would have pounded him out or taken his back and sunk in the RNC so what

It was a little early. Wineland never went limp, was still blocking, and wasn't giving much time to move. Still, I think the fight was over and would have been clear to all involved if he was allowed a few more seconds. Barao would have finished him more definitively.

i think it was early and title fights should go a little longer he wasnt out and was defending but barao is a killer

I think it would have been a matter of time but overall I did think it was early

Back