Media Eddie Lost :(

Titleboxe

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
giphy.gif

APRIL FOOLS!!

He got back up and beat the crap out of Nastyukhin and advanced to the semi-finals! :)

Never seen eddie just outright quit before. Must have been badly hurt.

Eh it was competitive. I hate those who claim he doesn’t belong anymore when he is fighting up a class. Some guys need the cut to feel like they are in a fight

Eh it was competitive. I hate those who claim he doesn’t belong anymore when he is fighting up a class. Some guys need the cut to feel like they are in a fight
It wasn't competitive, it lasted a round, what the hell are you talking about?

Never seen eddie just outright quit before. Must have been badly hurt.

I think as he's got older, he's showing a lot of wear and tear. Factor that in also with the pay he's receiving from ONE, I think he feels fuck it - once I get rocked, I'm going down. He's being paid very well and he's done it all - won every major belt, he doesn't need to keep being in wars taking unnecessary damage.

I haven't seen the fight but it looked like he must of taken quite a beating beforehand to just cover up and quit like that. That or the fight was rigged. Either way I'm from Pa so it always sucks to see ol' Eddie take a loss, especially like that.

They had a back and forth fight until the stoppage. It’s not like the Alvarez Mcgregor fight where he was outclassed . It’s a good fight.

I haven't seen the fight but it looked like he must of taken quite a beating beforehand to just cover up and quit like that. That or the fight was rigged. Either way I'm from Pa so it always sucks to see ol' Eddie take a loss, especially like that.

Wasn't much of a beating, Eddie didn't fight smart at all. That guy was pretty damn big too, Eddie didn't respect his power and paid for it.

Sometimes I think Eddie acts like his resume should win him fights and he pays for it. He also needs to stop relying on his chin so much.

people are capable of having bad nights. or eddies done. or this rando one fc guy is better than conor mcgregor. who knows

They had a back and forth fight until the stoppage. It’s not like the Alvarez Mcgregor fight where he was outclassed . It’s a good fight.

Eddie landed a few punches on the guy, but i wouldn't call it competitive.

the guy was basically walking through everything hunting Eddie down.

i don't know how the hydration thing works, but the guy looked a lot bigger than Eddie.

I'm mostly sad because I wanted to see him fight lowen tynanes. Now that it's not happening I really hope tynanes makes his way over. Best prospect in the division for years but wasting his career away

Wasn't much of a beating, Eddie didn't fight smart at all. That guy was pretty damn big too, Eddie didn't respect his power and paid for it.

Sometimes I think Eddie acts like his resume should win him fights and he pays for it. He also needs to stop relying on his chin so much.

Thanks bro but that sucks to hear. I could be wrong but I believe One FC's lw class is walk-around of weigh t170 lbs so maybe that threw him off. Not to make excuses, he just got his butt whooped.

I have to agree with you here. Considering how much he gets dropped in fights, you think he would of drilled blocks, footwork etc ad nauseam. But it seems like he has been fighting the same way for over a decade so he probably won't change.

Should have stuck to the UFC where the competition is easier.

Dude, Tim Nasty has been a featherweight for most of his career haha. Eddie was fighting up a weight class against a guy fighting up two weight classes.

Eddie's taken a lot of punishment and is known for getting hurt in damn near every fight, so it should be no surprise that his durability may be slipping at this point. Just his last few UFC fights were pretty brutal, and he has a career of going through hell. The way he just turned away and turtled up as soon as he was hurt was uncharacteristic; could've been that he was just really hurt, had a bad fight, or maybe he's declining hard. I'm leaning toward declining. When he left the UFC and signed with One I thought it was a good decision because he'd probably be getting paid a pretty penny to fight guys he could handle a bit easier than the wars he had to go through in the UFC. Then I saw he was booked against Tim Nasty and even though I favored Eddie I knew it could end badly for him because that dude is violent.

They were fighting the same weight class no? Under the One FC hydration weigh ins.

Notwithstanding the length of the fight (you do on occasion get competitive one rounders for it's back and forth until someone gets caught), but I agree. I don't feel that Eddie landed or got close to landing anything significant

They were fighting the same weight class no? Under the One FC hydration weigh ins.
The opponent seems a lot bigger or holds weight better (small legs big upper body). ONE FC lightweight isn't 155.

Dude, Tim Nasty has been a featherweight for most of his career haha. Eddie was fighting up a weight class against a guy fighting up two weight classes.
I don't think you understand what I mean. I was referring to LW in ONE not being 155.

Back