Eddie Hearn wants DAZN to increase rates from $20 to $50 a month

For what it’s worth, I think this is less about Hearn’s personal greed and more about DAZN going bust if they don’t do something.

Hardly surprising given the size of the contracts they’ve been handing out left right and centre.

Good god.

Maybe he’s just paving the way for a 30$ monthly fee.

For what it’s worth, I think this is less about Hearn’s personal greed and more about DAZN going bust if they don’t do something.

Hardly surprising given the size of the contracts they’ve been handing out left right and centre.
This. Their business model obviously isn't sustainable long term, it's just how long they can keep it up trying to rake in the customers.

Don't think I'll pay 50 a month. 20 feels all right, I'm not paying more than that. Illegal streams for me if thats the case.

If they did that i'd expect upwards of 75% of their existing subscribers to cancel. Who would pay that much in 2019 when you can get it all for free fairly easily? 20 is the limit where it feels like a decent enough deal that you'll pay it just for the convenience and to support the service.

I hope it does not go to $50 a month once that happens ill just catch live play by play and replay.

No... Not reasonable,honest,fair offer Eddie. . .lol

No wonder a lot of fighters and teams told him to shove his offers.

Mega rich double talker is so out of touch with reality he thinks poor to blue collar boxing fans are going to spend $50 a month to watch a few big fights a year and the rest filler.

I use to like Hearn too. However, the more he talks the more he exposes himself to be just like all the other greedy promoters.

I see what you're saying about maybe he just means $50/month for the one-time hitters that jump in for a Canelo fight or whatever and then cancel until the next.

In any event @Seano and others need to STFU about $20/month. Christ Almighty, they'll change that next week. lol

I do need to switch from the $9.99/month to annual, though. Is it still $99/annual? If so, that's legit. If not, sorry I did not act sooner. I've been waiting to get forced over in March or whenever but why not, I guess.

I see what you're saying about maybe he just means $50/month for the one-time hitters that jump in for a Canelo fight or whatever and then cancel until the next.

In any event @Seano and others need to STFU about $20/month. Christ Almighty, they'll change that next week. lol

I do need to switch from the $9.99/month to annual, though. Is it still $99/annual? If so, that's legit. If not, sorry I did not act sooner. I've been waiting to get forced over in March or whenever but why not, I guess.
I don't think its worth it for more than 20 a month and I like DAZN a lot.

Agreed.

I went with the 100 dollar annual thing before i think the first AJ/Ruiz fight but still....if espn+ is 5 bucks a month then dazn shouldn't be more than 20, if you compare competition

$50? Dose Hearn think we’re talking about hand jobs?

This is exactly what he is referring to. Not sure how so many people missed that point.

He is trying to get more people to sign up for the (relatively cheap) yearly subscription. Instead of signing up for a month and leaving.

The yearly subscription to DAZN for $99 has been worth it 100% for the content which includes Bellator.
Thanks for explaining this as his quote makes much more sense now.

It’s unfortunate that articles make blatant misrepresentations for the sake of more clicks. The article I read did not explain the context and likely didn’t include the entirety of his quote.

I was just joking, I meant we don't even want to pay $20/month and they'll be there next week if they see the posts saying that is fair.

i guess he never learned from the cable companies what happens when you do this...... or the fact this is the internet, and its easier to watch it to free than it is to pay for it..

This is exactly what he is referring to. Not sure how so many people missed that point.

He is trying to get more people to sign up for the (relatively cheap) yearly subscription. Instead of signing up for a month and leaving.

The yearly subscription to DAZN for $99 has been worth it 100% for the content which includes Bellator.
So last week I didn't even know it was on, saw the Fedor/Rampage fight Saturday night. The wife and I.
<6>
He was and is my favorite, even if I'm a homer for Rich Franklin because he's local and a classy guy. Anyway, I drove to Chicago with the wife to see him live in Chicago versus Bret Rodgers and so glad we did. I scalped a couple cageside outside for next to nothing and he basically came back from looking bad to KO Rodgers and that was towards the end of his dominant performances. The end, I guess.

But I didn't even know that was going to be on. Happy to see him get the win, but looked like Rampage just got off the couch for a check, too. He was the limit, 265.
<6>

Single month $50, sounds great, as long as the yearly cost doesn’t shift.

Single month $50, sounds great, as long as the yearly cost doesn’t shift.

Well, that's not what Hearn wants. He wants 50 bucks a month, which means that the yearly cost shifts by 360$.

Second looked more interesting….
What's that have to do with anything?

And no it didn't....2nd fight was boring as shit. I prefer outboxers and still thought it was a snoozefest. At least they got into a fight the first time, last month legit looked like a sparring session

Back