Eddie Hearn wants DAZN to increase rates from $20 to $50 a month

I fail to understand how spending more money means being more invested in boxing. More critical, sure.

Definitely not paying $50 a month subscription for anything that doesn’t help me make money.

That'd be a mistake. I sure as fuck am not paying 50 per month

Go on and tell them Eddie, I'll just stream it for free. A ninja's still gotta eat.

Fuck that. Does he want it to be 300 dollars a year too? Hell naw son!

Oh, I'm out at $50/month. I'm still grandfathered in at $9.99/month and ready to go to the $99 annual when that comes up in March I think it is, but I'm out if they go up significantly in price. I will find a stream or follow RBR threads and watch the fight replays, I guess. A drastic price jump and they're out of business within a year or so, anyway. So it won't take long to see the fighters elsewhere. They would see a mass exodus of subscribers and they don't have any room to lose any.

So yes, STFU Eddie.

Who but a complete dupe is going to spend 50 a month on a service that gives you a few good fights a year?

Who but a complete dupe is going to spend 50 a month on a service that gives you a few good fights a year?
Like the most I can ever recall paying for PPV was 3 a year at $50 a pop, maybe 4 in 2011. Even if we bump that up to a $100 a PPV, that’s still less than paying for a year to DAZN under this change($600 a year)

Must be banking on Canelo, GGG, Joshua, Usyk, Bivol, Kovalev all fighting twice a year and not in the same month or against each other

Hearn's a delusional, greedy bastard if he thinks that subscribers are going to pay $50 a month for DAZN. I'm still only paying $9.99 per month because I've been with them from the very beginning. And I specifically chose to subscribe to DAZN & ESPN + rather than using illegal streams because I believe in supporting the sports that I love. But I won't be taken advantage of either & raising the price to anything over $19.99 is a damn buggering that I'll fight tooth & nail against.

Eddie must be running out of the bubbly for his hot tub.

Eddy about to get a harsh lesson in the price elasticity of demand...

i believe hearn is talking about a 50 dollar one time fee for those that just treat dazn fights as a ppv event and don't sign up for multi month subscriptions. Which does make some sense.

I liked him in the beginning, because it seemed like he was breathing fresh air into boxing, taking risks with his golden boy (vs. Wladimir Klitschko) instead of protecting him.
But money got to his head and he turned into a greedy POS. I hope DAZN ends the partnership with him when his contract expires.

i believe hearn is talking about a 50 dollar one time fee for those that just treat dazn fights as a ppv event and don't sign up for multi month subscriptions. Which does make some sense.

This is exactly what he is referring to. Not sure how so many people missed that point.

He is trying to get more people to sign up for the (relatively cheap) yearly subscription. Instead of signing up for a month and leaving.

The yearly subscription to DAZN for $99 has been worth it 100% for the content which includes Bellator.

Last edited:
Back