Eddie Hearn: "Conor McGregor is bigger than the UFC, that’s the reality. I'd dance for him"

Ali vs Spinks was watched by 2 billion people. 2 billion people. Half the earths population at the time watched the man fight. .
Sorry but that has to be wrong.

true...I just think that conor would catch tony and put him out...if pettis can almost stop him, conor will most definitely.

I think it would be great because Tony gets caught with big shots early and can wear people out as the fight goes on with his pace, while Conor starts fast and has the finishing ability in the first couple rounds to put Tony away. I would not be shocked if Conor beats the fuck out of Tony for an early spectacular finish, and i would not be shocked if Tony hangs in there early and wears Conor out with his pace and heart/craziness and puts Conor way in the later rounds

<FookIsThatGuy><FookIsThatGuy><FookIsThatGuy>

also ....

{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}

Last edited:
Sorry but that has to be wrong.

Probably not. Ali was arguably the biggest star in the world at the time. And not just counting sports stars. Ali's funeral was watched by billions and that was 40 years after he retired. Thats how big a star he was world wide

It is a little bit true. He was both hated and loved, he was polarizing and a lot of love came after his career.

https://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/0...d-ali-was-once-the-most-hated-man-in-america/

"Let me take you back in time when Muhammad Ali was the most hated man in America.

Yeah, you are not hearing that in all the tributes you are reading following his death. We are hearing how much he was loved. Let me give you a dose of reality. He was not loved by most. You must realize I heard all the nasty names people call him, how much they rooted for him to lose and how people wished he were dead.

I am a child of the 1960s and 1970s and mostly what you are hearing now is fake."
"ali wasn't all that popular back then...he was a polarizing"

No its literally not true at all. Yes he was polarizing and yes he was hated by many. He also had more fans BY FAR than any other Boxer. Even at the peak of SOME Americans hating him, Ali had much more fans than any other Boxer. Have you seen how much the fans were backing Ali over Frazier 6 months after he returned to Boxing after losing his boxing license? Did you see how much they backed him right before he lost his boxing license against Cleveland Williams and Ernie Terrell?

It is a huge myth that Ali was always universally loved, and its an even bigger myth that Ali was hated more than loved in his prime. Saying "Ali wasn't all that popular back then" is completely ridiculous. And there was no time in his prime that he didn't have the fans backing him far more than his opponent. Even after the draft dodging

Oh yeah, like his boxing and whiskey, right?

Outside the UFC he moves so much needle. Very excite.

Does he do socks? I think he'd be great with socks.

Until he says uncle in record timing agsin vs someone relevant then aura is 3 quarters out the door . " win or learn " - we'll see if he ever backs up coaches adage ?

Probably not. Ali was arguably the biggest star in the world at the time. And not just counting sports stars. Ali's funeral was watched by billions and that was 40 years after he retired. Thats how big a star he was world wide
Shhh, Conor fans think Conor’s name is more recognizable than the name Jesus.

Shhh, Conor fans think Conor’s name is more recognizable than the name Jesus.

Conor's biggest selling PPV as the A-side was an estimated 2.4 million world wide. Ali had billions watching his fights, but these morons actually try pretending they are close in popularity haha. The world stopped when Ali fought. A few million drunks watch when Conor fights

I get how big he was, but still those numbers just don't add up. At that time way less that 2 billion people had even TV. Those numbers are pure hogwash. I've checked the sources in the Wikipedia and they are laughable.

I think so. He can do things outside of their covering and be alright.

Conor could go to boxing now and pull in equal or higher numbers to his UFC fights, in the short term anyway. Going to Bellator or One wouldnt yield the same results though.

Ali vs Spinks was watched by 2 billion people. 2 billion people. Half the earths population at the time watched the man fight. So that should give you an idea. But then again, boxing was the biggest sport back then. Its like comparing Conor to Ronaldo today. Can hardly win a popularity contest against the biggest star of a much bigger sport.
IMO, at least 2.5 billion watched this last Conor fight.

2 billion people never watched any Ali fight.

The world population in 1978 was 4.2 billion. China had a billion. Now you're at 3.2 billion.

Imagine all the people that didn't even have access to TVs in 1978. Like everyone on the entire continent of Africa.

So, subtract another 500 million. You're at 2.8 billion. Subtract another 300 million for the USSR. You're at 2.5 billion.

You're getting at 100% of the entire human race in Europe, South America, North America, and Asia watched Ali vs Spinks: including babies, people without electricity, and people in clay huts. Lmao.

I see the numbers -- and the numbers are batshit insane bullshit.

No fucking way. These numbers are batshit insane. I doubt 2 billion people know who he is now. Who the fuck watched his funeral?? Who the fuck makes these numbers??

Back