Eddie Hearn: "Conor McGregor is bigger than the UFC, that’s the reality. I'd dance for him"

@bigconan bro first thing don’t tell me what to do second Nate ended fight in top position lost controversies decision Conner couldn’t even KO Nate when josh Thompson KO him easy

U act like pettis a chump he was former champ his weakness is wrestling striking he would probably whoop conners ass lol his kicks r vicious pettis was on weedies box he no can u don’t get on the box if u suck ok lollll

Tony would massacre mcgreger

Conner would be champ 145 cuz he cut so much weight most at 145 have reach like midget but they ban iv so he move up 155 170 he get eaten alive by top contender cuz he same size or smaller

Ali vs Spinks was watched by 2 billion people. 2 billion people. Half the earths population at the time watched the man fight. So that should give you an idea. But then again, boxing was the biggest sport back then. Its like comparing Conor to Ronaldo today. Can hardly win a popularity contest against the biggest star of a much bigger sport.
Really is that serious?

I'm sure most of it was on terrestrial tv's but 2 billion....that's crazy for 1 fight...that's probably more viewers than MMA has had period in the last 10 years. Crazy.

Looking for Conor vs Canelo?? Battle of the gingers.

It is sad because he is not one of their greatest fighters. People care more about his reality TV persona than him being an actual fighter. He will likely never get another belt.

McGregor is far and away the biggest star in the sport's history, but his value to the company can be overstated. It's obviously huge right now, but more losses against top fighters (which are likely to happen) will hurt his selling power, he's on the wrong side of 30, and he's something of a mess outside of the cage (leaving the length of his career and staying power very much in question). Just how much they're willing to accede to Conor's wishes will be weighed with these factors in mind.

The moment Conor leaves the UFC his humiliating losses are going to be broadcasted everywhere.

Really is that serious?

I'm sure most of it was on terrestrial tv's but 2 billion....that's crazy for 1 fight...that's probably more viewers than MMA has had period in the last 10 years. Crazy.

more views than olympics and world cup (soccer).

most kids here still know Ali & Tyson. Ali & Tyson were as popular as soccer players.

27 September 1978 Muhammad Ali vs. Leon Spinks II 2 [8][9] Professional boxing
19 July 1980 to 3 August 1980 Moscow 1980 Summer Olympics 2 [46] Olympic sports
2 October 1980 Muhammad Ali vs. Larry Holmes: The Last Hurrah 2 [10] Professional boxing
28 July 1984 to 12 August 1984 Los Angeles 1984 Summer Olympics 2 [47] Olympic sports
28 July 1988 to 12 August 1988 Seoul 1988 Summer Olympics 2 [48]
25 July 1992 to 9 August 1992 Barcelona 1992 Summer Olympics

This gets me thinking...who was a bigger draw in their prime

Ali or Conor?
Ali's funeral was watched by over 2 billion people and was one of the most watched events in history. His fights got hundreds of millions of viewer and sometimes billions. His fight with Norton was more watched than the moon landing. The world stopped when he fought. Conor is not even Floyd level

But.... You were probably joking and it went over my head

Ali vs Spinks was watched by 2 billion people. 2 billion people. Half the earths population at the time watched the man fight. So that should give you an idea. But then again, boxing was the biggest sport back then. Its like comparing Conor to Ronaldo today. Can hardly win a popularity contest against the biggest star of a much bigger sport.
The biggest reason boxing was so big was because of Ali. The ratings before and after him show he was bigger than the sport

It's a bullshit question, Ali didn't have the likes of Twitter etc to call upon, in a world of limited TV coverage, radio and traditional press reporting Ali was the man.

Ali v Conor shit talking with today's tech? Ali without a doubt.
Ali's freaking funeral was one of the most watched events in history. That shows that TODAY Ali is way bigger than any athlete still.

I pretty sure ali wasn't all that popular back then...he was a polarizing, extremely controversial figure...only much later, did it all turn to love and admiration...
Not even a little bit true. Ali after Liston always had more fans than any other fighter. The guy was so popular he turned American against Frazier by making up a bunch of bullshit. I know that was a little after his prime, but Ali always had fans

it took the ref to stop the fight when ferguson fought cerrone...it was a decent fight up till then...tony never had cerrone hurt, or knocked down...conor comes in and wipes him out like nothing...he'd ko tony inside 2 rounds...probably 1st round...all of tony's cardio and recovery ability won't matter, if you're stopped inside 4 minutes...trust me, he'd murder tony...tony was almost stopped by freaken pettis...imagine that was conor hitting him.
MMA math doesn't work and not a fair comparison. When Conor wins he will almost always win early and spectacularly. It's part of his start fast style.

Not even a little bit true.

It is a little bit true. He was both hated and loved, he was polarizing and a lot of love came after his career.

https://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/0...d-ali-was-once-the-most-hated-man-in-america/

"Let me take you back in time when Muhammad Ali was the most hated man in America.

Yeah, you are not hearing that in all the tributes you are reading following his death. We are hearing how much he was loved. Let me give you a dose of reality. He was not loved by most. You must realize I heard all the nasty names people call him, how much they rooted for him to lose and how people wished he were dead.

I am a child of the 1960s and 1970s and mostly what you are hearing now is fake."

MMA math doesn't work and not a fair comparison. When Conor wins he will almost always win early and spectacularly. It's part of his start fast style.

true...I just think that conor would catch tony and put him out...if pettis can almost stop him, conor will most definitely.

Back