Eddie Bravo

Submission is when you submit. You can submit to strikes as well. Royler would have lost the dec, but if you're flexible enough then it doesn't count. Same with bennet, he tapped out to Mishima's leglock, so Gomi's win over him isn't legit either.

migo said:
Submission is when you submit. You can submit to strikes as well. Royler would have lost the dec, but if you're flexible enough then it doesn't count. Same with bennet, he tapped out to Mishima's leglock, so Gomi's win over him isn't legit either.

I recently found out I am almost immune to omaplata's. My shoulder's are extreeemly flexible and it also makes it harder to submit me w/ a kimura. eddie said i have royler shoulders . So im assuming royler is extremely flexible as well and in that case... maybe sak's kimura wouldnt have submitted him.

I never saw the fight so it's just speculation

Royler would have never tapped to a kimura, it's true, he is crazy flexible.

Just look at his face when the ref stopped the fight, he was totally fine.

Gsoares2 said:
i think he is more talking about he doesnt want to roll with a :eek::eek::eek:... he doesnt like the idea of someone being sexualy turned on by fighting him.

Exactly man!

Turn on a :eek::eek::eek: is a compliment????? :eek: :eek:
Holly shit. Maybe you don't get enough compliments from girls! But apparently you prefer the :eek::eek::eek:'s ones! :wink:

johil d'o said:
C'mon, Eddie is a quality BJJ blackbelt under Jean Jacques Machado and is an excellent grappler, not to mention a pretty entertaining guy, despite looking like a "homosexual vampire on heroin" at 2005's ADCC. :wink: Forget about these other comparisons.

exactly. black belt under jean jacques machado ! come on guys...

VagabondMusashi said:
Whomever says Rickson is nobody because he never won an ADCC, STFU. EVERY SINGLE ELITE FIGHTER WHO HAS FOUGHT WITH HIM WAS DEFEATED

and shows utmost respect for the man.
I dont care who you are, don

yeah, you have to make the guy say "uncle" by tapping them out,
or threaten to break it like Yoshida vs Frye.

You can't just go by how far the arm is back, you have to go by facial expression, how much
more leverage the guy attacking can/will apply, what the corner says, etc. etc.

There was this guy at a competition in Sweden once who had really flexible shoulders. He ended up in a Kimura and the opponent kept twisting his shoulder really, really far without hurting him. His opponent kept putting on more pressure and eventually the guy decided to tap, but it was a little too late and because of the angle the ref had a hard time seeing the tap. Suddenly there was a mean noise. It wasn't a crunching sound, like when your dislocating a shoulder or something, but more of a BAM!, like when your slamming your hand in the mat really hard. Then the guy started screaming in pain and apparently he had suffered a spiral fracture in his upper arm. It was broken in several places and still after multiple surgery they had problems getting it right. Nasty shit. Of course I'm sure someone with Roylers experience knows better than to ever make a mistake like that, but let's agree on that there are better ways of defending the Kimura than just having flexible shoulders.

Eddie Bravo said:
Royler would have never tapped to a kimura, it's true, he is crazy flexible.

Just look at his face when the ref stopped the fight, he was totally fine.

You are all class Eddie.

I got your book man, its awesome, can't wait to go and try my new stuff on the unsuspecting peeps at training.

Keep up the good work bro, don't listen to the keyboard warriors hating on here.

My match with ATT member Parrumpinha will be shown on internet PPV on November 12.

Details will be available soon.

A big thank you to all my supporters and an even bigger thank you to all my doubters for providing the extra motivation and inspiration that will help guide me to victory.

People seem to forget that this will be my first match as a black belt.

I won the 2003 ADCC trials, won the "most technical fighter of the night" award, and choked out 2 black belt Mundial champions at ADCC, all as a brown belt.

I have only just begun.

good luck Eddie!!!

The joke is Eddie still hasn't done anything competitively since 2003.

On his bio on his web site the only thing he has listed is his win over Royler, so it seems like he believes that his only accomplishment. QUOTE]

thats cuz it IS his only real accomplishment

On his bio on his web site the only thing he has listed is his win over Royler, so it seems like he believes that his only accomplishment. QUOTE]

thats cuz it IS his only real accomplishment

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight, you forgot to mention that he is running one of the most successful schools in the country and taking two positions (RG and 1/2 guard) to a-whole-nother level!!

cantseeshitcaptain.jpg

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight, you forgot to mention that he is running one of the most successful schools in the country and taking two positions (RG and 1/2 guard) to a-whole-nother level!!

.................to a-whole-nother level!!...............of Marketing!!!

This successful gym you speak of has produced WHO using this "(RG and 1/2 guard)"? How has it served them in MMA?

Lets take another No-GI gym that started about the same time as Eddie's, helping start the No-GI revolution in California. Dave Terrell, now he actually produces MMA fighters that have a winning record with what he teaches.

Dave Camerillo, teaches Gi and Judo, and his students do even better in MMA.[the AKA fighters]

Results.....................is the question.

Getting all excited when Chris Leban pulls a foot up to the back of an opponents head and Joe starts yelling RUBBER GUARD. HAHAHAH.

Eddie's win didnt even use this stuff. And he sold you on it being the SHIT for MMA?

Eddie and Joe revolutionized..............Marketing to Sherdoggers.

MMA results vs Marketing?????????

Originally Posted by theproblem20 View Post

10th planent is one of the most successful schools in the country?

Back