Eddie Bravo vs Royler Gracie Rematch

Nulhacky

White Belt
Reaction score
Ok, I'm assuming everybody knows how the first match went down. Some call it luck or whatever, but you can't deny the fact that Eddie tapped out Royler. One thing that has always bothered me about Eddie is that he hasn't competed since. However, he's looking for ONE more match with Royler and only Royler. I've seen several interviews where he is calling Royler out but this one is very recent. So what are your thoughts...Will this rematch ever happen? Why or Why not? How do you see the rematch unfolding?

Here's the recent video at 5:30...YouTube - Eddie Bravo 10th Planet Gym Review: Bravo Calls Out Royler Gracie

Royler by domination. I'm not saying the first one was a fluke but I think Royler takes this 9 out of 10 times.

would love to see it.

I train at 10p so by default, war EB~!

ok,

my question is that if he wanted to rematch royler why not do it years ago?

why stop competing and then want a rematch with royler?

I mean, he could have waited until they were like 60 to call him out.

Eddie will fight Royler if the price is right...oh wait! that was Rickson!

Thanks for the link. I remember Eddie saying a couple years ago that he would like to do a rematch at the PSL if they ever did another one of those.

I could see a rematch going similar to their first, without the submission of course. Royler is on another level, that wouldn't happen twice. But Royler is done competing and the break is well deserved after several decades of domination and one of the most exciting careers in BJJ. If he came back, I don't see Eddie Bravo as a priority, there are much more intriguing match ups to be had.

Not to bash, but why bring a bong to the dojo? I take it he doesn't have a kids program? I blaze too but I wouldn't want my children learning from someone who presents himself like that. The whole shock factor is gone, now its just lame to see him parade his marijuana paraphernalia all over the place.

Not to bash, but why bring a bong to the dojo? I take it he doesn't have a kids program? I blaze too but I wouldn't want my children learning from someone who presents himself like that. The whole shock factor is gone, now its just lame to see him parade his marijuana paraphernalia all over the place.

Have you read his books?

^ No, but I know of the marijuana chapter - just not in-depth. What am I missing?

I could see a rematch going similar to their first, without the submission of course. Royler is on another level, that wouldn't happen twice. But Royler is done competing and the break is well deserved after several decades of domination and one of the most exciting careers in BJJ. If he came back, I don't see Eddie Bravo as a priority, there are much more intriguing match ups to be had.

That's actually why my first dojo/gym didn't carry Eddie's books, even though they carried the other Victory Belt products. We had kid's programs and the references to marijuana combined with talking about sex, working at strip clubs, and the girl with the "voodoo pussy" made it so that we couldn't carry them.

On the flip side, I don't think Eddie cares and I highly doubt he has a kids' program. if he does, I'm sure he's very upfront with the parents and if they let their kids go there they're obviously open-minded.

^ No, but I know of the marijuana chapter - just not in-depth. What am I missing?

I think he's telling you not to be surprised.

I took your comment to mean that you are getting tired of it?

Either way, I'm gone for the night. peace!

EB does not differentiate marijuana with the rest of his life/job.

He made it a major requirement that the publisher would not interfere with his marijuana propaganda.

I'm laughing just imagining what Eddie's kids' program would be like...

I dont know how people can learn in his school and not laugh the whole time. Not at him, but Eddie trying to be super cereal.

Potheads always crack me up when they try being serious with me.

If he came back, I don't see Eddie Bravo as a priority, there are much more intriguing match ups to be had..

I don't see how you could say that. Eddie is the ONLY guy to ever submit Royler No gi and really the only guy his size to sub him in competition as far as I know. With all the differences between Eddie and the Gi community for him to beat Royler was HUGE it practically started 10Pjj and all of Eddie's stuff. Also, Royler saying that the victory was "lucky". I personally think that Royler would take the rematch, it would be similar to the first without Eddie getting the sub. I would love to see it. I don't understand how you could say it's not a priority.

I don't see how you could say that. Eddie is the ONLY guy to ever submit Royler No gi and really the only guy his size to sub him in competition as far as I know. With all the differences between Eddie and the Gi community for him to beat Royler was HUGE it practically started 10Pjj and all of Eddie's stuff. Also, Royler saying that the victory was "lucky". I personally think that Royler would take the rematch, it would be similar to the first without Eddie getting the sub. I would love to see it. I don't understand how you could say it's not a priority.

I'd drop 10 bucks online to watch a stream of it.

I think he's telling you not to be surprised.

I took your comment to mean that you are getting tired of it?

Either way, I'm gone for the night. peace!

yea, I mean that I'm tired of it...who isn't? I love my weed, but there is a time and a place.

Ok maybe I over-exaggerated a bit, but Royler will never take a rematch. It's not a priority in the sense that he has nothing to gain from it. If he wins, he was supposed to win in the first place. If he loses...well, you know.

I would much rather see Royler vs the current crop of featherweight competitors. I Would drop $10 online to see Royler get back on the mats period...cancel that, I saw him on the mats a few months ago for free. I want to see him compete tho :(

Last edited:
lol, ya gotta give it to him... he just doesn't care. "Mad ganja smoke, and some rubber guard".

Back