Eddie Bravo: The biggest difference between Tony and all of Khabib's other opponents

All that means is that Khabib can throw more ground and pound without worrying as much about losing position. There is a reason guys are constantly trying to get back up after Khabib takes them down. Giving Khabib any room to pound on you from top position is just stupid. Maybe Eddie should lay off the dirt weed.
Khebab's gnp is weak.

khabib-nurmagomedov-dustin-poirier-ufc-242-4.jpg

What is Tony going to do if Khabib controls the legs like this?

Hahbeeb probably has some of the most effective GnP in MMA. It is either get up instantly or get overwhelmed, turtle, give up your back, etc.. Attack off your back? Hard to do when has your legs mounted against the cage or he is effortlessly handcuffing you with one arm and smashing you with the other.

People are assuming that Khabib is going to fight Ferguson the same way he fought Dustin. Dumb mistake. Khabib shot for singles against Al and Conor, yet used doubles to literally ram Dustin into the fence and went for trips. Khabib changes his tactics and adjusts his arsenal of TDs based on the opponent. Khabib's father said in an old interview that Khabib is going to employ more upper body takedowns against Ferguson, i.e. employ more of a Greco wrestling style.

TL;DR: Do not underestimate Khabib, he's not dumb and knows about the choke threat and can adapt to different opponents having literally THE widest arsenal of takedowns in the UFC.
Good strategy, could it could lead khabib to getting cut up with elbows in the clinch.

a gameplan ased on the ground on his back doesnt look like a sart idea.

Tony is much better standing, the pace and elbows will give Khabib lot of issues.
Khabib will not trade punches with him , he will try to take him down.

Tony is dangerous everywhere but I am not that sure that Tony can somehow got the choke.
since RDA and Dustin failed , I guess Khabib is doing that on purpose.

always thought khabib is open to chokes when going for takedowns. no one is better than that than tony, and off his back. khabib can be whooping tonys ass for 24 mins and i wouldnt be suprised to see tony pull off a sub win

Khabib just won't go for as many double legs.

There is a stupid narrative on sherdog that Khabib doesn't have cardio to go five rounds cause he boxed with Conor on the third

Jesus christ, the cognitive dissonance is real.

Please go watch the end of the 2nd round and into the 3rd. KN is visibly GASSED right before the 3rd round begins (from the GNP he was dealing to CM in the 2nd). KN is literally sucking air right before the bell rings, please go watch. KN's first TD attempt of the 3rd round comes with 3:28 to go in the round (that's a whole min and a half of trying to catch his breath) and it's a WEAK TD in the middle of the octagon that's stuffed...why? Because KN was gassed. His 2nd TD attempt of the 3rd round comes with 3:06 left in the round...this time Conor's back is against the cage. Guess what? It's stuffed again. And not only is it stuffed, it's stuffed by an extremely gassed Conor with his back against the cage...again, this is how gassed KN gets when facing world class elite fighters who know what the hell they are doing. KN goes for his THIRD TD attempt in the middle of the octagon with 1:42 in the round...and it's the weakest TD attempt I've seen KN attempt. Why? You guess it, he's gassed. You see the trend here? An extremely gassed Conor (even more so than KN) is stuffing the attempts. KN goes for a FOURTH TD with 1:27 to go in the round...STUFFED AGAIN by a tired ass Conor WITH his back against the cage. KN does get a little leg trip but it's nothing and Conor immediately stands back up because KN is just too tired to keep CM down.

This will not work vs Tony. Tony does not get tired. He will light KN up once he lets up just the slightest and he'll literally carve his face up and likely get a KO/TKO-doctors stoppage from the damage. This is what Tony does. KN has never faced a guy that just. does. not. stop. moving.

Tony is the type of guy, that is going to lie down on the center of the cage and invite Habib in guard, so that he can beat him where he is best.
Youre joking but two days ago when i was thinking ways for Tony winning this fight, one plan that stick with me was this!!! He Will call khabib into his the guard since the first second of their fight!

how many fights are won off the back?

now take that a step further...

how many fights are won of the back by an inferior grappler?

Jesus christ, the cognitive dissonance is real.

Please go watch the end of the 2nd round and into the 3rd. KN is visibly GASSED right before the 3rd round begins (from the GNP he was dealing to CM in the 2nd). KN is literally sucking air right before the bell rings, please go watch. KN's first TD attempt of the 3rd round comes with 3:28 to go in the round (that's a whole min and a half of trying to catch his breath) and it's a WEAK TD in the middle of the octagon that's stuffed...why? Because KN was gassed. His 2nd TD attempt of the 3rd round comes with 3:06 left in the round...this time Conor's back is against the cage. Guess what? It's stuffed again. And not only is it stuffed, it's stuffed by an extremely gassed Conor with his back against the cage...again, this is how gassed KN gets when facing world class elite fighters who know what the hell they are doing. KN goes for his THIRD TD attempt in the middle of the octagon with 1:42 in the round...and it's the weakest TD attempt I've seen KN attempt. Why? You guess it, he's gassed. You see the trend here? An extremely gassed Conor (even more so than KN) is stuffing the attempts. KN goes for a FOURTH TD with 1:27 to go in the round...STUFFED AGAIN by a tired ass Conor WITH his back against the cage. KN does get a little leg trip but it's nothing and Conor immediately stands back up because KN is just too tired to keep CM down.

This will not work vs Tony. Tony does not get tired. He will light KN up once he lets up just the slightest and he'll literally carve his face up and likely get a KO/TKO-doctors stoppage from the damage. This is what Tony does. KN has never faced a guy that just. does. not. stop. moving.

My dude, sort your life out before you post. You're living in a very strange false world.

People are assuming that Khabib is going to fight Ferguson the same way he fought Dustin. Dumb mistake. Khabib shot for singles against Al and Conor, yet used doubles to literally ram Dustin into the fence and went for trips. Khabib changes his tactics and adjusts his arsenal of TDs based on the opponent. Khabib's father said in an old interview that Khabib is going to employ more upper body takedowns against Ferguson, i.e. employ more of a Greco wrestling style.

TL;DR: Do not underestimate Khabib, he's not dumb and knows about the choke threat and can adapt to different opponents having literally THE widest arsenal of takedowns in the UFC.
If that's true, it's a tough ask for khabib. Trying to clinch wth tony means wading through the constant heat he's gonna throw. He's gonna take a lot if damage every time he does that.

Lol why do people act like Tony is the only one who will put together a gameplan for this fight? It's not like Khabib fights with no consideration of what his opponents are capable of.
Khabib enters every fight with the same strategy though. Sure, he might change up what types of takedowns he uses, but he's not gonna stand with Tony, and his ground game is pretty much the same strategy every fight.

This pic is disingenuous. It’s not a good idea to pretend this pic has meaning on an MMA forum, mate. Not long after that top control, Ferg went on to put a triangle choke on Lee that ended the bout.

Well you’re just saying what happened and the reality of but.

But!

By this photo. Kevin lee dominated the fight. Can’t you tell what happened in a fight from one photo?

This is honestly the same argument people were making for how Nick Diaz would beat GSP and it didn’t work out very well for him. Nick Diaz, like TFerg, is also very good at attacking from his back.

Tony is the type of guy, that is going to lie down on the center of the cage and invite Habib in guard, so that he can beat him where he is best.

While wearing sunglasses.

Tony is the only guy who can beat Khabib. I’m not saying he will but he’s the only one with any chance @155.

If Khabib does to Tony what he did to Dustin or Conor, he’s the LW GOAT and should be in GOAT talk overall.

This pic is disingenuous. It’s not a good idea to pretend this pic has meaning on an MMA forum, mate. Not long after that top control, Ferg went on to put a triangle choke on Lee that ended the bout.

He also dodged a lot of those punches.

Tony is too reckless, I don't see him winning. He will put forth a damn good effort, but wont seal the deal.

Back