Eddie Bravo: The biggest difference between Tony and all of Khabib's other opponents

The last 3 rounds are going to be what matters. I dont think anyone is expecting Tony to dominate in the first two, but Khabib couldn't take Al down later on and showed a noticeable decrease in energy.

Khabib isnt controlling Tony for 25 minutes

I see the Kevin Lee Fight being brought up. I just rewatched that and he fucked Kevin up. Kevin had a pretty good first round, got the take down and the mount, and was landing some punches at the end of the round. Round 2 Tony dominated him on the feet. Kevin was a little bit tired when he went back to his corner and Tony was up in his corner screaming at Kevin that he was a fucking pussy and was about to get finished. And then round three on the ground finishes him with a beautiful triangle choke. Tony is an animal.

As if Khabib would stay in Tony's guard like Lee did..

Khabib shoots in > takes him down > Rubber guard > tony drops elbows from the bottom > choke
that;s how i see it

Its hard to do a rubber guard and elbows at the same time. Also, khabib usually goes to half guard pretty quickly or more often shoots in to pin against the cage and drag you to the ground after taking your back. Hes not the american type that goes for power doubles.

It's a holy war between wrestling and BJJ and there can be only one winner.

Sambo.

00_original_crop_exact.jpg

Cant wait for Tony to attack from bottom, give Khabib better positioning, and then get ktfo with GnP.

Of course Eddie is going to vouch for his own guy, but even he said he is uncertain Tony would win, that should tell you something.

Tony attacking off his back will just leave holes for Khabib to expose considering he is vastly superior on the ground.

Tony has only fought two wrestlers in his career and he looked extremely vulnerable against both of them, and Lee and Castillo are not 1/10th the fighters Khabib is.

Lee mauled Barboza way worse than Khabib did, so for top control I wouldn't say he's not 1/10th the fighter Khabib is. His takedowns are way more explosive and he shoots doubles etc. Khabib only works off the cage.
Also, Lee has way better offensive stand up than Khabib, and seems stronger.

All that means is that Khabib can throw more ground and pound without worrying as much about losing position. There is a reason guys are constantly trying to get back up after Khabib takes them down. Giving Khabib any room to pound on you from top position is just stupid. Maybe Eddie should lay off the dirt weed.

Did Khabib ever finish anyone with his ohhh so terrifying GNP?
Most guys don't even have bruises after a Khabib fight. Apart from Dustin and Barboza, most look like they just did sparring.

Look at Tony's opponents after fights.

Lee mauled Barboza way worse than Khabib did, so for top control I wouldn't say he's not 1/10th the fighter Khabib is. His takedowns are way more explosive and he shoots doubles etc. Khabib only works off the cage.
Also, Lee has way better offensive stand up than Khabib, and seems stronger.

Yeah you're right, Khabib is limited and does only one thing, Kevin Lee is better.

He's gonna get smeshed

usa_today_10334424.0.jpg

Yeah, getting mounted or even put into side control for a moment is a bad sign when the opponent isn’t even on Khabib’s grappling level. I want Tony to throw up subs because I like Jiu Jitsu, that said... Tony should be subbing guys left and right from the bottom if we are to really entertain the notion that he can sub Khabib, which is possible, but low percentage considering lesser grapplers have challenged him.

Tony can do it if Khabib gets gassed from the stand up though.

I said Tony should pull guard and slice him open with elbows yesterday but nobody liked it... but when Eddie bravos dumbass says so, it makes sense.... mmmhmmmm. What a genius Eddie is.. I said Tony is the most aggressive attacker off his back in the UFC and throws those things with kflo intentions. That they are called his razor blades. But... now it's a good idea? Ok......

always thought khabib is open to chokes when going for takedowns. no one is better than that than tony, and off his back. khabib can be whooping tonys ass for 24 mins and i wouldnt be suprised to see tony pull off a sub win

Khabib typically positions his head in such a way that you won't be able to grab a guillotine or anything like that. I was VERY surprised though when Dustin got a hold of one. So that chance is there, it's just very low.

TFKLZuffaLLC.jpg

Yeah, but this was the end result so...
Kevin exerted a lot of energy getting those take downs. Khabib I think uses more judo and trips to get to the ground after shooting. He’s more efficient and wouldnt take a break in Tony’s guard like that.. he would take his back and rest and lean on tony. I think tony has a chance but Kevin is a good barometer on how it will go and how it won’t

@Paulsp

Lee mounting Ferg lasted 4 seconds because Ferg got saved by the bell

You keep repeating that same lie LMAO. Here's a still with 3 seconds left in the round showing that Tony has escaped mount and has his knee pressed up against Lee's chest:

upload_2019-9-10_16-57-36.png

Here's a thought, stop commenting on things you seem to not know about.

because tony wont give his back or sit against the fence with khabib ontop of him only trying to get up.

he will accept position, rotate to guard, try sweeps, subs, elbows. anything. everyone else is stuck trying to get up, giving their back or half way, then being stuck. instead of actually grappling. yes he might lose rounds, but he isnt gonna be draining himself trying to just get up at all costs.

blows my mind i see these people all doing the same shit. all stuck against the fence turing their back, then realizing they cant give up the back, then just being stuck halfway. instead of rotating to guard and trying to fucking grapple back.
im not eddie but its clear as day

I dont know whether tony can do it but some motherfucker needs to start slicing khabib up from the bottom with elbows. Hes right. Stay down there and let him have it. All he will do is try to make you panic and give up your neck most likely.

Thing is, there is no other fighter like a Khabib, but there is also no other fighter like Tony. The guy does not give up or get mentally broken. I have trouble seeing Khabib lose, but if anyone is going to do it, it’s tony.

People keep saying khabib will just pound on him. I say this.so what.
Khabib is not a smashing machine gnp savage like people like to make out .
If we look at actual facts khabib has just two wins in his whole ufc career by tko stoppage. Let's look at the bold:
Darrell fuckin Horcher
And the other was in 2013.
Dude doesnt hit as hard on the ground and isnt that devasting. Facts. If he was, with his control, he would be beating people unconscious or at least until the ref stops it.

People keep saying khabib will just pound on him. I say this.so what.
Khabib is not a smashing machine gnp savage like people like to make out .
If we look at actual facts khabib has just two wins in his whole ufc career by tko stoppage. Let's look at the bold:
Darrell fuckin Horcher
And the other was in 2013.
Dude doesnt hit as hard on the ground and isnt that devasting. Facts. If he was, with his control, he would be beating people unconscious or at least until the ref stops it.

Correct. And I suspect he's not going to suddenly find this power to beat fucken Tony Ferguson. Who has no sense and therefore no feeling.

Tony's mentality is scary, because he's not normal.
He won't get scared, he won't get tired and he will do crazy shit Khabib has never seen before.

Back