Eddie Bravo: The biggest difference between Tony and all of Khabib's other opponents

He's gonna get smeshed

usa_today_10334424.0.jpg

This position lasted about 4-5 seconds

Tony won off his back

Kevin cried

Awful example

50-45

Khabib makes it a slow boring fight. Mild GnP from guard. Easy UD. No risks taken. I don't see how tony can stop this from happening. He might try to pull some slick stuff like dustin did with the reversal but it'll only put him in a worse position.

I need to watch the Castillo / Ferg fight again.

The only two wrestlers Tony has fought are far less impressive wrestlers and grapplers than Khabib, and still made Tony look vulnerable.

People are pretending Tony is a wizard off of his back. No, he just gets taken down easily and has a streak full of guys who aren't good wrestlers. And his next fight will be against one of the best wrestlers we've ever seen in the sport.

Khabib's father gave a very intelligent response to this idea (IMO).

Look into it. You got to look into it.

If you haven't looked into it, you should.
Yes, I translated that interview, but to summarise very shortly:

1. Take down from Greco-Roman cross grip and by the waist from the clinch, not shooting for take downs.
2. Forehead on the chin to avoid elbows.

But yes, look into it. They have prepared for Ferg 4 times as have Ferg. Should be interesting as hell. These guys know each other in and out.

Has anybody started a "Tony isn't a top contender" thread to discredit Khabib's win against him yet?

This fight has to happen.. I want to see Tony and his elbows from the bottom.. he used them vs Lee to set up the sub

Very underrated weapon.. GSP took Bisping down and immediately got busted open in there fight

Khabib on top smothering you is incredibly scary though

50-45

Khabib makes it a slow boring fight. Mild GnP from guard. Easy UD. No risks taken. I don't see how tony can stop this from happening. He might try to pull some slick stuff like dustin did with the reversal but it'll only put him in a worse position.

I need to watch the Castillo / Ferg fight again.
Rewatched it Yesterday. Yes Ferg was dangerous from back and was attacking and was active, but he didn't succeed and he was always underneath and couldn't get out.

Also Castillo was in Tony guard most of the time with his head on Tonys chest, stomach. Khabib usually keeps his forehead on his opponents chin, which eliminates the elbows. Also, he's never just lay and praying in someones guard.

He won't be trying to get up if he gets Khabib inside his guard, but if Khabib secures a dominant position, Tony will have to try to get up or he will get smashed.

This.
And I'm pretty sure Khabib will easily secure a dominant position on the ground.
It should be a no go zone for Tony.

He choked out Lee in rd3 when Lee was utterly gassed (partially due to staph) and could not defend himself intelligently in Ferguson's guard. Choking an opponent who cannot resist effectively is not proof of BJJ skill. If someone shoots a BJJ blackbelt with a gun, then armbars his body, does this mean that the BJJ blackbelt was outgrappled? No, it doesn't, it's fucking retarded, same as stating that Ferguson outgrappled Lee. The only thing Ferguson did was outlast/outcardio Lee and slapped a sub on a non-resisting body, nothing else.

The takeaway from that fight is the fact that Ferguson was utterly dominated by Lee on the ground while Lee still had the energy to actually fight. Khabib is not Lee.
Lee sprints at the beginning of a marathon. His strategy is to overwhelm and while it will work here and there, he blows his tank too quick.

He's gonna get smeshed

usa_today_10334424.0.jpg
How did that fight end again? Oh that's right, Kevin Lee getting straight up murdered so he cried uncle.

Tony Ferguson went 1-1 on TDs against Tibau and Khabib went 0 for 13. I guess that tells you something too, right?

He’s got 25 minutes. And nobody wants to fight Tony for 25 minutes. Never gasses out, has crazy striking, great ground game, and just keeps coming. He cuts you up and breaks that will. Round 4 and 5 he keeps coming.
The last 3 rounds are going to be what matters. I dont think anyone is expecting Tony to dominate in the first two, but Khabib couldn't take Al down later on and showed a noticeable decrease in energy.

Khabib isnt controlling Tony for 25 minutes

Tony, you're going to welcome Khabib on top of you? Then how about welcoming some fists raining down on your face? Because that will likely happen. The reasons why others want to get up because they don't want to be punched in the face.

Khabib One thing we have not seen from him is what is he made of in a fight he’s not dominating? What kind of heart does he have? Tony is going to test that. There is no question he’s going to test it. Nobody survives a fight with Tony without getting fucked up. He has too many weapons, too much cardio, and is a fucking psycho in the cage. That heart will be tested.

I would rather get into Werdum's guard than Tony's.

Simply because the worst that will happen is I will get choked out by something I didn't see coming. With Tony, it's either THAT, or getting my head caved in or face cut up by elbows and punches because the psycho doesn't stop trying to perform plastic surgery on your face even on the bottom.

Am going to really enjoy Tony those last few rounds when khabib is gassed and can't take him down. Tony dancing, dooing crazy shit, Khabib has never seen or experienced that shit, no one really does.

But hoping the hype is big for Khabib and I get good odds on Tony (+200 at the moment but I am greedy and am hoping for bigger).

The last 3 rounds are going to be what matters. I dont think anyone is expecting Tony to dominate in the first two, but Khabib couldn't take Al down later on and showed a noticeable decrease in energy.

Khabib isnt controlling Tony for 25 minutes
According to many of khabib's pretend fanbase, Tony is Khabib's easiest fight. Also Khabib would destroy Robert Whittaker if you're keeping up with all the retarded fake Khabib fan threads.

I call them pretend fans because I know once the 0 goes, they will go along with it.

Rewatched it Yesterday. Yes Ferg was dangerous from back and was attacking and was active, but he didn't succeed and he was always underneath and couldn't get out.

Also Castillo was in Tony guard most of the time with his head on Tonys chest, stomach. Khabib usually keeps his forehead on his opponents chin, which eliminates the elbows. Also, he's never just lay and praying in someones guard.

just watched it and I agree

If someone like Castillo can do that to him I don't see him having answers for khabib. .

Back