Eddie Bravo seminar

Malachai

Facta Non Verba
@Brown
Reaction score
I have the chance to attend one shortly, but it's pricey and I'm very new to BJJ.

Thoughts? Worth attending? (considering I've only been training about 6 months)

Mal

You smoke weed?

Are you new to grappling in general or just BJJ? If the former and you are in the US, you can probably learn more by going to a local high school wrestling practice. No offense to Eddie either, I appreciate what he's accomplished and I think he's doing great things for submission grappling.

I was thinking about flying out to a Bravo seminar in Singapore tomorrow...and to take a mini vacay :D

Definitely worth it, even if you've only been doing it for 6 months.

Depends on how expensive it is and how big a fan of his you are.
Personally I rather dislike the 10 planet crew.
There is plenty of technique from much higher level guys than Eddie available on various subscription sites and DVDs so I see no reason to learn from him.

I have the chance to attend one shortly, but it's pricey and I'm very new to BJJ.

Thoughts? Worth attending? (considering I've only been training about 6 months)

Mal

A lot of white belts stunt their progress with Lockdown and Rubber Guard - they don't learn proper hip movement by relying on these guards.

You smoke weed?

Do you like conspiracies?

Hahah, thanks for the laugh.

A lot of white belts stunt their progress with Lockdown and Rubber Guard - they don't learn proper hip movement by relying on these guards.

This.

Flexible Newbies can abuse their physicality and hinder their progress just as much as gigantic, powerlifting white belts who break your guard trying to blade choke you.

To my understanding when Eddie does seminars he usually teaches 10th planet techniques like rubber guard and lockdown. These aren't usually the best guards to play around with if you haven't developed your fundamentals IMO. Still, a chance to learn from any high level blackbelt and absorb how he likes to do things is always a plus.

Eddie has some good stuff... if you have the opportunity to learn then go learn.

hell no, he shows way too much stuff and too much fancy shit, value wise it is not worth it imo unless u want a pic with him (ive been to two of his seminars btw cause i like him)

Back