Eddie Bravo Interview

Can't really blame 'em man. It get's pretty rough around these parts, but that's the internets. But I love this forum, I've learned alot from it, and you can ask anyone in here I know a thing or two about wrasslin' so I think I've contributed to the discourse in that regard as well. Either way, I'm not leavin.

Yeah, the dude is a lightening rod for controversy, and sure can say some stuff to piss people off, but it's America after all so whatever. But people who train at his gyms are NOT Eddie, or Ari, or mindless jock riders. Some of the names for the moves are out there, but whatever, I have to remember a bunch of fucking japanese names for judo and that's a pain in the ass sometimes too.

I don't even use fuckin rubber guard, and I train there. it's hilarious. Denny seem to tailor your game for you based on what he sees you doing when you roll and he encourages me to learn and grow my 1/2 guard game.

He's never once been like "yeah dude you should really work on that crack head control" And his assistant coach Travis was running the practice last weekend and he was ALL about the fundamentals.

Anyway, it might get annoying always making the distinction that each person/gym/instructor/affiliate should be judged based on their own individual merits but 10P sf is the shit and I'll stand by that.

You're a stand up dude. I hope you don't think I was ragging on anyone when you made that crackhead control comment. I just meant that it was unfortunate a past gym couldn't carry his books because of some of the terminology. I thought I clarified it by saying that it didn't matter anyway, as his books are about more than just grappling, and are meant for adults only. Denny is the shit, and I like his stuff on the 10thP All Stars DVD.

You ever trained with Epstein? He seems to have a pretty cool style from what I've seen.

I just love grappling. judo, jiu jitsu, greco, freestyle, folk... grappling. guess I'll see yah tomorrow, gee. I'll try not to puke this time.

cool. not sure if I have rolled with you. my name is ben. I'm usually the guy yelling porra! to Denny. FYI me and travis and a few other good guys roll there during the day most week days.

cool. not sure if I have rolled with you. my name is ben. I'm usually the guy yelling porra! to Denny. FYI me and travis and a few other good guys roll there during the day most week days.

nice. i better take my ass to sleep after this silver surfer cartoon. I'm cesar, and I'm sure we must have at some point. be in the grey/white warrior shorts. that's dope man, I'll go do a day session after court this week. maybe thursday? anyway i'll see you homie!

You're a stand up dude. I hope you don't think I was ragging on anyone when you made that crackhead control comment. I just meant that it was unfortunate a past gym couldn't carry his books because of some of the terminology. I thought I clarified it by saying that it didn't matter anyway, as his books are about more than just grappling, and are meant for adults only. Denny is the shit, and I like his stuff on the 10thP All Stars DVD.

You ever trained with Epstein? He seems to have a pretty cool style from what I've seen.

thanks drew :icon_chee

you know all marcelo fans are cool in my book,...

as far as epstein, I don't believe I have. I'm pretty much still a new guy there, qtip might know him. he's probably someone I have no business rolling with anyway, lol..

Imagine the shit storm that would follow a guy in this forum who trains at 10p repped their gym like you do. It would be a flame fest at every corner.

It feels really fucking unfair to be honest with you. I put my gi/board shorts on one leg a time like every body else. I don't even use the fucking rubber guard.

I feel bad for you.

Youre a open minded guy, who posts helpful stuff on this board, and yet you have to sit there and listen to people badmouth your Gym.

That sucks.

Personally, i admire you sticking through it, and not letting it affect your postings. Youre always calm, mature, and generally pretty cool.

And i hope you continue to post helpful material, and stick around.

Hopefully one day, these EB troll threads will cease... Like i said, hopefully.

Not for nothing, but those divisions are thin.

Nonetheless, i wouldnt be surprised to see Denny medal this year at NOGI Mundials, and i cant wait to see if he goes for ADCC Trials later this year.

Maybe ill get lucky and be in his division so i can get schooled by him. :D

I feel bad for you.

Youre a open minded guy, who posts helpful stuff on this board, and yet you have to sit there and listen to people badmouth your Gym.

That sucks.

Personally, i admire you sticking through it, and not letting it affect your postings. Youre always calm, mature, and generally pretty cool.

And i hope you continue to post helpful material, and stick around.

Hopefully one day, these EB troll threads will cease... Like i said, hopefully.

Not for nothing, but those divisions are thin.

Nonetheless, i wouldnt be surprised to see Denny medal this year at NOGI Mundials, and i cant wait to see if he goes for ADCC Trials later this year.

Maybe ill get lucky and be in his division so i can get schooled by him. :D

I hope they stop too, but the problem is people have the internet. Opinions aren't going to change, and as long as someone can voice an opinion, they usually will. The only hope would be if the same people don't give in and argue, so slowly over time, less and less people will discuss it until it's a non-issue.

The craziest thing to me is that when you talk about controversial things in the grappling community, it's almost like talking about someone's religion. People will scream and debate with each other, but no one will ever really change their opinion based on what the other person says.

At BTT thanks man. F12 ftw.

At Drew, Im still surprised to hear GB gets flack (wtf?) but I guess anyone can be a target for criticizem by the armchair qb's. Maybe I'll hit GB up when I go see my boy down there in Encinitas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back