Eddie Bravo Interview

I have no love or respect for this guy.

Too long, did not read. The first couple questions were interesting... but that was about it.

I disagree with a lot of his stances, but it makes me laugh when people give Eddie a hard time for capitalizing and/or "milking" his win over Royler.

The guy was a nobody before the win, and now he's doing just fucking dandy. And you're going to give him shit for it? I find it laughable. You take advantage of what you have, when you have it. Eddie did. Props to him.

And is it a real surprise that he touts the rubber guard as being the best thing since sliced bread? It's a business. No different than Dana talking shit about Fedor, or Strikeforce.

You guys are fucking lame. Disagree with him if you want. I do, on tons of topics... but don't tell me for a second that if you had the chance to get ahead in life, you wouldn't do it. I don't buy it. You're either full of shit, or you're too big of a pussy to actually take the ball and run with it like Eddie did.

You're the fat loser who stands on the sidelines and slings insults at the basketball/football/baseball/soccer players, because you're unwilling and/or incapable of playing the game yourself. Give yourself a pat on the back.

I disagree with a lot of his stances, but it makes me laugh when people give Eddie a hard time for capitalizing and/or "milking" his win over Royler.

The guy was a nobody before the win, and now he's doing just fucking dandy. And you're going to give him shit for it? I find it laughable. You take advantage of what you have, when you have it. Eddie did. Props to him.

And is it a real surprise that he touts the rubber guard as being the best thing since sliced bread? It's a business. No different than Dana talking shit about Fedor, or Strikeforce.

You guys are fucking lame. Disagree with him if you want. I do, on tons of topics... but don't tell me for a second that if you had the chance to get ahead in life, you wouldn't do it. I don't buy it. You're either full of shit, or you're too big of a pussy to actually take the ball and run with it like Eddie did.

You're the fat loser who stands on the sidelines and slings insults at the basketball/football/baseball/soccer players, because you're unwilling and/or incapable of playing the game yourself. Give yourself a pat on the back.

lol.

Last edited:

Considering that this is the grappling forum and 95% of the people on here actually train and compete your analogy fails.

The interview was not very good. Sorry. For somebody that is unfamiliar with Eddie, it is not bad. If you know about Eddie it is the same stuff over again.

This thing made me laugh: "So if that

Eddie is one of those guys that the more you listen to him talk, the more of a douche he sounds like.

Is the lockdown illegal? I didn't think so unless some new rule came around.

And the twister being illegal, I don't know if or how bad it can mess up your spine, but if it can that is pretty bad.

funny how he said that "they" are ruining his game by outlawing the twister?
a) your whole game is based on the twister?
b) is the twister illegal in Eddie's school, because that is the only place his game is as he will never compete after getting a lucky win.
Sidenote: he talks about that royler fight in every interview but never mentions leo abusing him in the next match.
So interviewer, if you do get another interview with EB, make sure to ask him what went wrong in the match he had with Leo. Were "they" keeping eddie down.

And is he really fucking serious about instructors making people wear a gi so the instructor can dominate his students????
This is the most asinine comment i have ever heard about bjj. yes, even worse than trolls on this very board.
Can we roll clip of Marcelo vs askren here?

So i guess what is really happening is that eddie's students are tapping him out all the time and he needs an excuse. How about stop making shitty music and train.
He talks about his students need to bring in new moves for him to learn.

hey, real instructors train with the schools they became BB in or affiliates or just friends in the grappling world.

And he says that he is darth vader? for real??? people don't like him because he is a jackass and had one lucky win and stopped competing and talks shit about BJJ and acts like his rubber guard--which sucks, is the best thing since slice bread
And the only thing keeping 10th pjj from winning the ADCC or no gi pan ams (but lets face facts, they are not even PLACING in these events let alone winning them) is the fact that the twister is illegal.

Sorry eddie, no one likes you because you are a crybaby and make a living off a fluke.

but I am sure he will keep suckering in people with this rubber guard that will work magic because 10th pjj knows it and no one else does. lol.
It can't be that no one else uses it because it sucks.
lately there have been competitions claiming the lockdown is an illegal submission. it's just small competitions doing it mostly, no one big.

Man the link doesn't work... just like his techniques....

sorry, sorry I had to. But seriously, I can't get the freakin' link to work.

Attention whore.

lol..

I am sure you don't say that when other people are interviewed, and BJJ and sports people are interviewed all the time. You just part of immature cult viewpoint -- the anti Eddie Bravo cult and the mindless internet readers that believe the opinions of either the internet or their personal bias gym.

Eddie is one of those guys that the more you listen to him talk, the more of a douche he sounds like.

Is the lockdown illegal? I didn't think so unless some new rule came around.

And the twister being illegal, I don't know if or how bad it can mess up your spine, but if it can that is pretty bad.

funny how he said that "they" are ruining his game by outlawing the twister?
a) your whole game is based on the twister?
b) is the twister illegal in Eddie's school, because that is the only place his game is as he will never compete after getting a lucky win.
Sidenote: he talks about that royler fight in every interview but never mentions leo abusing him in the next match.
So interviewer, if you do get another interview with EB, make sure to ask him what went wrong in the match he had with Leo. Were "they" keeping eddie down.

And is he really fucking serious about instructors making people wear a gi so the instructor can dominate his students????
This is the most asinine comment i have ever heard about bjj. yes, even worse than trolls on this very board.
Can we roll clip of Marcelo vs askren here?

So i guess what is really happening is that eddie's students are tapping him out all the time and he needs an excuse. How about stop making shitty music and train.
He talks about his students need to bring in new moves for him to learn.

hey, real instructors train with the schools they became BB in or affiliates or just friends in the grappling world.

And he says that he is darth vader? for real??? people don't like him because he is a jackass and had one lucky win and stopped competing and talks shit about BJJ and acts like his rubber guard--which sucks, is the best thing since slice bread
And the only thing keeping 10th pjj from winning the ADCC or no gi pan ams (but lets face facts, they are not even PLACING in these events let alone winning them) is the fact that the twister is illegal.

Sorry eddie, no one likes you because you are a crybaby and make a living off a fluke.

but I am sure he will keep suckering in people with this rubber guard that will work magic because 10th pjj knows it and no one else does. lol.
It can't be that no one else uses it because it sucks.

I clearly see your opinion is only secondary, that has grown since.

When you criticize Bravo's knowledge or authority when it comes to an opinion on BJJ, don't forget that he is a fucking legit BB under a legendary BJJ master.

Don't forget that and keep in mind that just getting a BB from JJ Machado, and tapping out other world class BBs other than Royler, are huge achievements in BJJ and more than your ass has ever accomplished in said sport.

And please don't ask what other BBs did Bravo tap, or beat in competition; because if you don't know, then you've just outed yourself as an idiot who just repeats popular opinion out your ass without knowing facts.

I clearly see your opinion is only secondary, that has grown since.

When you criticize Bravo's knowledge or authority when it comes to an opinion on BJJ, don't forget that he is a fucking legit BB under a legendary BJJ master.

Don't forget that and keep in mind that just getting a BB from JJ Machado, and tapping out other world class BBs other than Royler, are huge achievements in BJJ and more than your ass has ever accomplished in said sport.

And please don't ask what other BBs did Bravo tap, or beat in competition; because if you don't know, then you've just outed yourself as an idiot who just repeats popular opinion out your ass without knowing facts.
I don't know, I don't follow eddie bravo. I just don't like the guy. So please tell me who these others he tapped

edit: Just realized you have 2 posts, so you must be a 10th planet troll

they better not ban the lockdown. its like 50% of my half guard game. they already took away my favourite way to do the ankle lock. :(

I don't know, I don't follow eddie bravo. I just don't like the guy. So please tell me who these others he tapped

edit: Just realized you have 2 posts, so you must be a 10th planet troll

Well.... Bravo had a qualify just to get to ADCC. He won quite a few matches. He was the North American trials champ, and Most Technical Competitor Award, which is a huge accomplishment!

I have a question for those that bash Eddie Bravo, calling it one win, or, criticizing that he started a school from one win, who here knew that he was American ADCC trials champ?

For starters, at the ADCC he tapped Gustavo Dantas, who was a multiple time world and Brazilian champ. I can guarantee that 95% of the critics don't know that about Eddie's record before the Royler match.

With most of the critics, EB has probably accomplished more than their instructors have ever done, which makes it ironic that many would try to discredit a legit and accomplished grappler.

Well.... Bravo had a qualify just to get to ADCC. He won quite a few matches. He was the North American trials champ, and Most Technical Competitor Award, which is a huge accomplishment!

I have a question for those that bash Eddie Bravo, calling it one win, or, criticizing that he started a school from one win, who here knew that he was American ADCC trials champ?

For starters, at the ADCC he tapped Gustavo Dantas, who was a multiple time world and Brazilian champ. I can guarantee that 95% of the critics don't know that about Eddie's record before the Royler match.

With most of the critics, EB has probably accomplished more than their instructors have ever done, which makes it ironic that many would try to discredit a legit and accomplished grappler.

Yeah but it doesn't even matter at all who else he beat BECAUSE HE BEAT ROYLER.

Back