Eddie Barboza body kick TKO

Replay19

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
This guy lands a nice body kick in the beginning of this video, at some angles it looks like it actually misses. However in slow motion you can see it hit somewhere near the solar plexus. I was curious, I know he did a roundhouse kick to the body but what did he actually hit the guy with? It didn't look like a shin kick because it reached further. It looks like this guy landed the hit with the ball of his foot, kinda like a flat footed roundhouse kick. Not sure though. What do you guys think?

Crescent kick. Ball of foot. Katsunori Kikuno.

really common kick in japanese kickboxing.

6zbHx9W.jpg

It literally looks like he's kicking with his toes though. It's not his toes right? Ball of foot?

It literally looks like he's kicking with his toes though. It's not his toes right? Ball of foot?
Yes, he uses the ball of the foot.
There are those who can kick with their toes, but I would not recommend it to anyone. Really, its just a unnecessary risk even for the very VERY few able to do it at all -and to anyone else its just stupid. The ball of the foot will do just fine.

Thank you so much
Yes, he uses the ball of the foot.
There are those who can kick with their toes, but I would not recommend it to anyone. Really, its just a unnecessary risk even for the very VERY few able to do it at all -and to anyone else its just stupid. The ball of the foot will do just fine.

Back