Media Eddie Alvarez would favor Justin Gaethje over Michael Chandler if they ever fought

Considering he's a D1 wrestler I don't see him doing well against any of the top15 lightweights as well as a few that aren't ranked.

Great fight and I agree with Eddie. It could go either way and is close to a toss up but I would lean towards Gaethje winning. I do think the winner would finish the fight though as Chandler's ground game is much better and he has the power to KO Gaethje standing but he is less durable too.

Great fight and I agree with Eddie. It could go either way and is close to a toss up but I would lean towards Gaethje winning. I do think the winner would finish the fight though as Chandler's ground game is much better and he has the power to KO Gaethje standing but he is less durable too.
Chandler's ground game isn't good enough to exploit the flaws in Gaethjes. To be completely honest I don't think Chandler can hold him down.

At least he didn't get KOd by a bum, Pitbull is much better than the bum Islam got KOd by
he has another 4 losses on his record though, it's not like it's his only loss. Islam is a much younger fighter.

OptimalRawEyas-max-14mb.gif

Nice to know Mike has a sense of humor.

That loss to Will Brooks will always be in my head with Chandler. He got clipped and just, decided he wanted a TKO loss. Most bizarre shit I’ve seen in a fight. The most conscious I’ve ever seen an unconscious person.

Two fights ago he got knocked out by faitherweight

Pitbull is legit one of the best lighter weight fighters in the world. No shame losing to him

Pitbull is legit one of the best lighter weight fighters in the world. No shame losing to him
agreed, but coming to another org talking about how you'll beat khabib and the top 10 in the ufc when you just lost two fight ago, comes off pretty corny and pretty weak.

agreed, but coming to another org talking about how you'll beat khabib and the top 10 in the ufc when you just lost two fight ago, comes off pretty corny and pretty weak.

What should he say then?

"Hey guys just happy to be here. definitely don't think I'll be champion just hoping to cash out on my new shiny UFC contract"

What should he say then?

"Hey guys just happy to be here. definitely don't think I'll be champion just hoping to cash out on my new shiny UFC contract"
Don't have to do that. False dichotomy. Just don't come in talking shit. He was already promised a top 5

Don't have to do that. False dichotomy. Just don't come in talking shit. He was already promised a top 5

Khamzat has literally beaten nobody and is already proclaiming he would beat Usman and Izzy

Don't see too many people here whining about that.

Khamzat has literally beaten nobody and is already proclaiming he would beat Usman and Izzy

Don't see too many people here whining about that.
Khamzat came in with hype. He's unbeaten so there's a bit of denial plausibility. Micheal Chandler lost two fights ago and beat up a washed LW. If chandler came in on a hot streak or win or a top bellator talent, I think it wouldn't be corny. if he loses, he's going to get clowned for it. In some ways, like kevin lee I can appreciate him taking on challeneges trying to stick his neck out there but I do find it annoying.

If hamzat lost and came in and talked about beating usman, he'd be laughed at.

I still can’t believe how bad he let Connor tool him......he’s been dead to me every since lol
i thought he'd grind him up against the cage, like he did pettis. made sense in my mind. sure eddie has HANDS, but i never in my wildest dreams expected him to strike with conor the whole time. never expected conor to knock him out either. hasn't he taken harder punches from bigger guys? that whole ordeal was traumatic for me.

I would too. I actually don’t know if I’d favor Chandler over any of the top 5....
To be honest with you I think Tony is probably his easiest matchup in the top 5. Chandler can land bombs and avoid takedowns.

Chandler's ground game isn't good enough to exploit the flaws in Gaethjes. To be completely honest I don't think Chandler can hold him down.

Gaethje hasn't really fought many high level wrestlers with good submissions and finishing ability on the ground in general. It's hard to rate his overall ground game, he has good scrambles but i'm not sure it can't go south for him real quick if he doesn't scramble up/out quickly and enough early in a fight with Chandler.

Back