Eddie Alvarez wants the winner of McGregor vs Diaz 2

I'm going to call it.
Nate wins and flips Eddie the bird.
Says nobody wants to see him fight Alvarez.
Fights Khabib and loses.
Retires with a shit load of money and 0 fucks.

I think Nate wanted to fight Eddie after he beat his friend Giblert, fight might happen, but its kind of ridiculous that Eddie is asking for that fight in particular, be it Conor or Nate.

This is getting a bit outta control. Fight wonderboy and Khabib and get this shit over and done with. How the fuck are two guys fighting at WW gonna get the next LW Title shot especially when one of them is currently holding up the FW belt.

Haha, wp Alvarez, wp xD

I thought they were trying to make this a legitimate sport lol shit is getting out of hand

I want to see Alvarez vs Khabib. Ideally I'd like to see Chandler vs Khabib because let's face it, Chandler beat Alvarez twice (most people scored the second fight for Chandler) and is a lot better wrestler than Alvarez (he threw his ass around like a old sock). Chandler finishes Khabib inside of a round, Alvarez vs Khabib I'm not quite sure so it's interesting.

People still think of it as ducking Khabib? I can understand if his last fight was a win over a top contender but it's not too much to ask for him to fight and win against a ranked opponent before a title shot.

On topic...is it considered news anymore that people want to fight Conor? It's established that he's a money fight for anyone

Alvarez been begging for a McG payday for a long long time...

I'd rather see him fight winner of RDA vs. Ferguson. Make Khabib get a top 10 win or two in the mean time.

These Mighty Mouse popularity level champs tryna call the shots... Please.

Quoted for truth and additional eye rolling ..

OAylXJD.gif

Agreed. Conor must defend his belt next, if not.. then he must be stripped of it.
Nice try twirp.

It will be Conor vs. Alvarez next and you can take that to the bank.

Aldo will fight Max for the number 1 contender spot. Conor only goes forward, he does not go backwards!

Alvarez swings like a wildman. He's going down in one.

IF the UFC doesn't start making champs fight top 5 guys I think my days as a fan are numbered...
Diaz' last fight at lightweight was a win over the #5 ranked guy.

Or Nate vs Ferguson for number 1 contender after Ferguson dispatches RDA.

Because being on an 8 fight win Streak and then beating the no 1 contender on top of that isn't enough to earn a title shot? You must really hate Tony.

I like Alvarez... i really wasnt expecting that... but he was the remaining champ of this new era of unexpected champs, which still didnt say he doesnt want to fight regulary contenders... lol ... its becoming pretty funny right now...
Woodley wants retired people ... Connor doesn´t want to defend his belt.... Bisping wants 79 years old non contenders outside top 10 ... and now, of course, Alvarez wants to fight the winner of a rematch between a non contender, against a fighter from a lower weight class... That equation was surely missing a move like that from Alvarez!

What is it with these new Champs trying to call the shots and pick their opponents?

I get, they're trying to make money, but that doesn't mean they should be abke to pick and choose their opponents, when there are several contenders to beat first.

Alvarez knows he isn't gunna hold on to that belt for long so he's using it as leverage to get a big fight & payday

Well, other champs are deciding who they want to fight so you can't blame him that he wants to make money without wearing a non appealing Dagestani backpack.

Ridiculous... It might make sense if the superfight was at 155.

Back