Eddie Alvarez wants the winner of McGregor vs Diaz 2

Ar145984

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...inner-of-nate-diaz-vs-conor-mcgregor-2-080816

Cliff

New lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez has a lot of options for his first title defense but he's most interested in the winner of the UFC 202 main event.

Alvarez is targeting either Nate Diaz or Conor McGregor for his next opponent and he plans on watching the upcoming fight with great interest regarding his own career.

According to Alvarez, despite a laundry list of top contenders already at 155 pounds, the only name anybody wants to talk about is McGregor so he'll gladly satisfy that craving if the Irishman can get a win on August 20.

If not, Alvarez is more than happy to silence Diaz instead after they've shared more than a few harsh words over the years.

"I've got my eye on Nate Diaz-Conor (McGregor)," Alvarez told TMZ this week. "I would love to the fight the winner of that whole crew.
it seemed like Alvarezed was poised for a showdown with undefeated Russian Khabib Nurmagomedov after former champion Rafael dos Anjos was matched up for a fight with Tony Ferguson in November.

At least judging by Alvarez's comments, no fight has been finalized at this point and he's still looking at either Diaz or McGregor as his next opponent.

He believes whoever wins the UFC 202 main event would certainly like to get a shot at the lightweight title and Alvarez is more than happy to grant them the opportunity.

"I'm sure either one of them want the lightweight title," Alvarez said. "They ain't going to get it, but they can challenge for it."

080816-UFC-Eddie-Alvarez.jpg

"I keep getting asked by all the media — you fight all the best guys in the world and at the end of the day the media asks 'what about Conor McGregor?' so I'm sick of being asked about his name. Him or Nate. I have some history with Nate, too. Either one of them."

FULL LINK: http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...inner-of-nate-diaz-vs-conor-mcgregor-2-080816

Conor bless.

These Mighty Mouse popularity level champs tryna call the shots... Please.

Eddie vs Khabib
McGregor vs Aldo 2
Nate gets a super fight vs someone after he wrecks Conor again. Or Nate vs Ferguson for number 1 contender after Ferguson dispatches RDA.

Another champ wants a money fight. Nothing new here.

Ducking Khabib and El Cucuy. Smart man

How crazy would it be if Nate beat him and became champ?

yeah but conor is supposed to defend his featherweight belt after he fights nate- win or lose.

if he does that, eddie will be sitting out an awful long time.

Nate is top 5 and Conor gets whatever fight he wants.

UFC will definetely make it happen and find a way to justify it.

I'd rather see Conor also rematch for the 145 title. Feel like Eddie would just wrestle McGregor for 5 rounds.

IF the UFC doesn't start making champs fight top 5 guys I think my days as a fan are numbered...

The winner of the fight might want the loser of the fight. And the snake's mouth may want the tail. And we rolling.....

Would LOVE to see either of those fights.

Eddie vs Conor would be crazy, and i genuinely think Diaz could beat Eddie in a great fight.

Ducking Khabib and El Cucuy. Smart man
He likely gets beat by both of them. Also by either Conor, Diaz, Barboza, MJ, RDA in a rematch, Cowboy, and I probably forgot a few names.

I like Alvarez but that's some pathetic shit. He should fight Khabib/Ferguson/Barboza/etc instead of the FW champ or a guy who loses to good LWs on the regular.

So ridiculous. There's no guarantee that either will want to fight him or will do it in a timely fashion.

I don't want to wait until next summer for another LW title fight when Diaz wins again. Not with 5 legit contenders already waiting, all of whom deserve a shot more than Nate Diaz for beating the FW champion at 170.

I'm going to call it.
Nate wins and flips Eddie the bird.
Says nobody wants to see him fight Alvarez.
Fights Khabib and loses.
Retires with a shit load of money and 0 fucks.

So Eddie wants the Mcgregor belt now?? SMH.

Back