Eddie Alvarez vs Gilbert Meledez

562MMA

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I say have them fight each other as there first UFC fight to determine a number one contender to Ben Henderson's lightweight title. (if Eddies contract negotiation doesn't take too long)We all know its inevitable that both these guys are on there way to the UFC, one can argue that both these guys are top 5 lightweights but i think it would be a great fight and its fair to both champions.

I say have them fight each other as there first UFC fight to determine a number one contender to Ben Henderson's lightweight title. (if Eddies contract negotiation doesn't take too long)We all know its inevitable that both these guys are on there way to the UFC, one can argue that both these guys are top 5 lightweights but i think it would be a great fight and its fair to both champions.

I think Gil should get an automatically title shot and have Eddie fight someone like Sam Stout for a warm up fight.

maybe someone higher up in the lightweight division, like gray maynard

It would be a cool fight, but I'd rather see both of them get title shots instead of knocking each other out of the contender spot. As stacked as LW is, there isn't that much competition for Benson besides Pettis (if/when he beats Cerrone) and maybe Maynard.

I would bet Melendez gets a shot at whoever has the belt sometime next year, and I don't think he will have to fight for it.

If Pettis beats Cerrone in spectacular fashion he will probably get the shot next. Melendez V. Pettis/Henderson for the gold.

I would like to see Eddie fight Gomi or Pearson.

the UFC has to wait it out, obviously if Pettis wins he's the marketable fight for henderson, but if they say winner gets it and cerrone pulls it off are they really going to give him a 3rd fight?

alvarez isn't the bellator champ, give him someone like wiman, after lombard they aren't going to throw the title at alvarez

give melendez maynard

welll it's confirmed.

Pettis is officaly screwed.

Pettis vs Alvarez for next title shot...

As much as it would be a good fight

Why pair them up as soon as they sign for the organisation?

For years we've wondered how they'd do against the best the UFC has to offer, so why put them against each other so early?

Lets see Alvarez handle a Nate Diaz or Gray Maynard

Back