*Eddie Alvarez or Nate Díaz: Who was the better fight?*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
After Dos Anjos injury, Aldo, Edgar, Cerrone, have been mentiones as a replacement. Finally they get Nate. But, what dp ypu think about Eddie Alvarez? Recently he kept saying that he knows the way to beat McGregor: wrestling, and that he would use it against him and get the win.
Eddie is a natural LW, he just get a great victory over Pettis. So, what do you think about this fight? Would you trade Nate with Alvarez?

Not sure because styles make fights, and Eddie would be another guy who Conor would have a reach advantage on I think.

But as far as LW accomplishments, consistency and career, Eddie is the better fighter yeah.

He'd wrestlerape his way to a win. He could engage in a brawl and win but it's not the smartest path to victory

Considering im not even convinced he won vs Pettis.....I surely dont want to see him fight Conor after that.

I love me some Eddie Alvarez, but he's a pretty small LW. I've always thought he'd eventually go down to 145. He gets dropped in a lot of his fights and manages to come back and win and I don't know if his chin would hold up.

Alvarez had the worst fight of the year against Pettis. They aren't going to give him a big money fight after that

Eddie gets the boring but very professional decision. Nate was the fight to make for pleasing the fans.

He'd wrestlerape his way to a win. He could engage in a brawl and win but it's not the smartest path to victory

I don't think he would do any better than Chad did in the wrestling or the striking. I think Eddie is really good but Nate is a more interesting matchup for Conor.

Alvarez was the better fight to make(as far as chances of winning).

I don't think he would do any better than Chad did in the wrestling or the striking. I think Eddie is really good but Nate is a more interesting matchup for Conor.
Chad did really good with his wrestling and grounded Conor that second round. Alvarez is a bigger, stronger Mendes.

I also don't like the idea of Nate rolling off the couch to fight Conor. I'd really rather see Cowboy in there. At least when (if) Connor wins then that one excuse eliminated (out of fight shape).

Chad did really good with his wrestling and grounded Conor that second round. Alvarez is a bigger, stronger Mendes.

I also don't like the idea of Nate rolling off the couch to fight Conor. I'd really rather see Cowboy in there. At least when (if) Connor wins then that one excuse eliminated (out of fight shape).

I agree with Cowboy being the best option right now. I know he lost to Nate and got wrecked by RDA but he's in shape and coming off a win where he barely broke a sweat (side note: I thought that was going to be a better fight).

The one that doesn't wall and stall

Eddie wrestling isn't good enough. Also it's sure Conor would rely hard on his wrestling for this fight since Eddie just try one thing in his UFC fights and which is getting it to the clinch.

This is one of the easy fights of Conor vs a wrestler. Not a threat on the feet, not enough good wrestling and cardio.

Eddie would be the more boring fight, but he would last longer than Nate

Based on Alvarez' last two fights, I don't think anyone wants to see him wrestlefuck someone. He definitely has the tools to beat McGregor but the Diaz fight will undoubtedly be more exciting unless you really want to see McGregor lose no matter how boring the fight is.

Except Cowboy chokes on water and Nate whooped Donald.

Nate went silent half way through the conference. Cowboy would have started crying.

Eddie Alvarez recently opting for the blanket strategy does him no favors. Trying to finish Alvarez vs Conor would be crazy

UFC knows Nate will keep it standing and that's where Conor has the advantage. Would love to see Nate take Conor down and submit him but Nate just won't do that. Alvarez would've been the better choice but UFC wants to keep their new cash cow winning fights not losing them.

No i don't want to see eddie hump his leg like a dog for 25 mins. I prefer entertaining fights

Back