eddie alvarez on concussion:

CardinalAqua

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

eddie alvarez said:
eddie alvarez said:
My doctor says it was vestibular system that was sort of out of whack, which is the system that controls my head and my eye movement. So whenever I would try to do this motion, or if something happened really fast to my left or right side and I’d try to look, I would get a super, really like excruciating pain in my brain.
MMAfighting.com said:
No matter what happens, Alvarez said it was his understanding that his next fight -- whether it’s against Chandler or Brooks -- would need to be a PPV event, per his contract.
click pic or quotes for full article
hopefully he gets well soon​

Last edited:
I really hope that Eddie recovers fully from this. He's one of my favorite fighters and I'd hate to see him have recurring effects from this.

I really hope that Eddie recovers fully from this. He's one of my favorite fighters and I'd hate to see him have recurring effects from this.
Same.

Was also hard for me to read that he was knocked out in training 5 weeks before his second fight with Chandler... that's not good for your health.

The hip check to defend against Eddie's takedown sounds like what happened in the Mitrione-De Fries fight. Wonder if that could turn into some kind of takedown defense weapon

Hope Eddie has a quick and full recovery

Who knocked him out?
It doesn't go into that specifically in the article, just that he pretty much took two weeks off live sparring then got back to it and fought Chandler. I kinda feel as though it would be a heavier weight fighter in sparring however.

Who knocked him out?

Everybody can knock out everybody in training, if they have been at the gym a similar amount of time and are as respected around the gym. it's a weird dynamic. If Jon Jones walked into a gym where a 155 guy was the long time boss, that 155 guy could beat Jon's ass in training. I know it sounds weird, but I've seen stuff like it with pro fighters.. Not of that level, tbh. But still.

Sucks. Hopefully gets better and this doesnt turn into a TJ Grant out a year situation. HOpefully like he says take it slow, rest for a month or two and then get better and look to fight Chandler on a Bellator PPV in Nov.

Would work out perfectly, Pettis/Gil fight in Dec, Eddie can fight chandler in Nov, win and then sign with the UFC and get Pettis/GIl winner to unify the belts.

2014 what a year Bellator has the same strain of bacteria as UFC, injured fighters. Get well and bring forth the great trilogy upon arrival unless Brooks pulls off the upset of the century. :icon_lol:

unless Brooks pulls off the upset of the century. :icon_lol:
That would be legitimately shocking. Not that Will is a bum or anything like that, but I have a hard time picturing anyone in Bellator beating Chandler besides Eddie.

Last edited:
My only gripe with bz team is they have meat day. Full out sparring no head gear or anything. That's just a dumb way to train.

Eddie has been in some crazy scraps, and gotten dropped more than a few times...one of the most entertaining fighters out there and I hope he recovers fully. It would be tragic if he's slurring his words and sounding half asleep 10 years from now.

Can't wait for the inevitable rubber match vs Miguel, whenever that is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back