Eddie Alvarez Losing His Cool Over UFC / Bellator Negotations

My guess is UFC is putting an upfront bonus on the table that is much higher than Bellator can match. Maybe the per fight purse is similar. UFC commands better sponsor money if he gets main card billing.

genuinely feel bad for eddie. i want him on the big stage with the big money already, he deserves it at this point in his career

I don't really feel bad, he'll make a ton of money on whatever contract he chooses. I just hope he gets a bout in the near future.

I actually think Alvarez should, for his own benefit, stay at Bellator. Especially if they matched UFC's offer. Alvarez easily beats most fighters there except Chandler. In the UFC I can see him losing to lots of fighters. Remember, he gets dropped in almost every fight win or lose.

That only shows what kind of person Rebney is. He tells him that he can go to the UFC with no issue. Then comes with these offers to try and keep him. Meanwhile, it prevents any chances Alvarez has to fight elsewhere.

Bellator tried to do it to Hollet and Nam as well. They both tried to sign to other organizations, since they weren't being matched at all.

That probably was the plan, then somebody in the Zuffa organisation decided to start talking all sort's of shit about him on his twitter account, most likely pissing Rebney off to the point that he decided to use Eddie to get some revenge, sucks for Eddie, but maybe someone should stop burning every bridge he possible can , then maybe everyone else will be a little more willing to play ball with you.

i was watching Inside MMA and they did a segment on why regional MMA is dying because of the UFC

Would love to see Eddie in the UFC, he'd really make for great fights. I def think he has what it takes to be champ. As far as people thinking he doesn't have what it takes, I strongly disagree!

UFC will get eddie. All they have to do is put a Fox fight and ppv in the deal....bellator simply has no way to match a network tv spot nor ppv since they have neither.

UFC is not giving him PPV percentages, and Bellator has Spike. So that won't work. UFC is not going to give him a killer deal, so it will not be so high that Bellator can't match. It may work out better for the UFC is Eddie stays, bad publicity to Bellator.

The Alvarez case is very special, he could be a pretty decent LW in the UFC but Dana can't throw money at him to have him, he's not an immediate contender like Melendez or Nick Diaz or Jake Shields were.

For me, he could get beaten up by Miller, Maynard, Pettis and he's no way near Henderson or Diaz level.

But I know that this guy deserved alot more money for the career he's had and I hope that Dana will buy him out and give him a shit load of money just to piss Bjorn Rebney.

The dude has beaten aoki, and kawajiri. He for sure can make a big impact fast.

not sure why he's losing his cool. There's literally a bidding war for his services. Even if he ends up in bellator again he's gonna be getting paid well.

Bellator has a problem of giving guys not in their tournaments many fights. Fewer fights means fewer dollars.

The UFC had the ability to guarantee fight frequency and minimum PPV bonus dollars(not percentages) that would prevent Bellator from resigning. My guess is they were reluctant to do so given that he isn't even the champ.

My question is:

If Bellator matches the offer, is the UFC allowed to make a new offer?

My question is:

If Bellator matches the offer, is the UFC allowed to make a new offer?

I think Eddie would have to accept it first. Although he said it's not up to him. So whoever has control over Eddie Alvarez's mind would have to use Eddie's body and cause his head to nod yes in favor of it

too bad. i was really hoping that after years of fighting for and helping build bellator and entering inot the year where they have the most exposure and offer the most opportunity for their fighters he would have resigned after they matched the ufcs initial offer. I think after the spike deal, the reality show, relationships with gyms the ufc does not have and influx of new viewers and sponsors that bellator will bring in top talent and really challenge ufc. I really hoped he would resign and stay with something he essentially help build

I pray fo God that Alvarez ends up in the UFC. I would LOVE to see him go up against the likes of Henderson and Melendez. It's meant to be. It has to happen!

Bellator has a problem of giving guys not in their tournaments many fights. Fewer fights means fewer dollars.

The UFC had the ability to guarantee fight frequency and minimum PPV bonus dollars(not percentages) that would prevent Bellator from resigning. My guess is they were reluctant to do so given that he isn't even the champ.

Yup Michael Chandler literally had 1 minute of cage time in 2012 and he was healthy. Cole Konrad retired from mma to become a financial trader because he wasn't fighting enough therefore not making enough money

Man I hope he ends up in the ufc

I hope Bellator wins. Tough for Eddie in the short term but this puts up a hurdle for the UFC's monopolizing ways. The UFC always plays hardball, its about time someone stood up to the bully.

I hope Bellator wins. Tough for Eddie in the short term but this puts up a hurdle for the UFC's monopolizing ways. The UFC always plays hardball, its about time someone stood up to the bully.

So you want fighters to get screwed so that the UFC gets screwed? No bias at all. Newsflash, the UFC is fine either way, the only one hurt is Eddie, nice to know how much you care about fighters.

I think Eddie would have to accept it first. Although he said it's not up to him. So whoever has control over Eddie Alvarez's mind would have to use Eddie's body and cause his head to nod yes in favor of it

Way to show you have no reading comprehension. It's not up to Eddie. Eddie hass a contract, Bellator can match the UFC's offer and Eddie has NO CHOICE, he has to stay with Bellator. It is up to Bellator whether Eddie stays or goes.

Back