Eddie Alvarez Losing His Cool Over UFC / Bellator Negotations

Bellator treats their fighters like absolute shit. plain and simple

Where could he fight for a living that doesn't have some type of matching clause in the contract?

This might be about more then just a matching clause though. Who knows what kind of games Bellator is playing behind closed doors. Looks like Eddie is about to open his mouth and let us know exactly whats going on.

not sure why he's losing his cool. There's literally a bidding war for his services. Even if he ends up in bellator again he's gonna be getting paid well.

Yea but maybe he wants to prove he's the best in the world or one of them. Thats important to a lot of people who compete in sports.

This is incorrect. If the UFC releases a fighter, they wash their hands of them. They can go anywhere they want. If a UFC fighter fulfills his contractual obligation and wishes to look elsewhere, the UFC has the right to match the contract. For example, when Rampage finishes his last fight against Glover in a few weeks, the UFC can contractually match the offer he'll get from Bellator if they want (they won't). If the UFC cut Rampage instead, he can do whatever he wants to do.

You couldn't be more wrong read this article..

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/10/3/3445084/zuffa-bellator-continue-fight-over-matching-rights-with-challenge-to

That, according to Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney, smacks of hypocrisy. After all, if the clause exists in UFC and Strikeforce contracts, it exists for a reason.

"If the UFC will do away with the section of their agreement that allows them to release a fighter and then retain the right to match, we will immediately do the same," he said in an interview with MMA Fighting.

In issuing his challenge, Rebney pointed out that his organization went through the same process with Zuffa when they signed Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal, who had been cut in March.

White, who has been extensively traveling over the last week, did not respond to MMA Fighting's attempts to reach him, but the UFC did make available its executive vice president and general counsel Lawrence Epstein, who oversees fighter contracts.

According to Epstein, there are subtle differences between what the UFC does and what Bellator does. He said that in the case of Hollett, for instance, he had been cut by Bellator, and when it was publicly announced that the UFC signed him, Bellator "asserted" their rights to match. That, he says, is very different than the Lawal situation. According to him, after Lawal signed with Bellator, Zuffa received unsolicited correspondence from his management inquiring about their interest in matching.

I'm pulling for Dana. I really want Alvarez in the UFC.

costanza0726.jpg

I actually typed that huh? Sometimes I move beyond myself, like I'm in the zone, or up all night drinking and unbathed.

I was one of those people saying it but for good reason that's that's the vibe he put out. He first said since him and bjorne were friends bjorne allowed him to go to the ufc without these contract negotiations. A few weeks go by and he said oh well now they are gonna show me offers and if its matched than its matched. Now he's saying this. It was good reason for us to say it but still.

While I can understand your reasoning I got the vibe he just wanted to get some money saved up and secure his future. I think he's done that or got close enough so that now he can take some chances with his career.

This might be about more then just a matching clause though. Who knows what kind of games Bellator is playing behind closed doors. Looks like Eddie is about to open his mouth and let us know exactly whats going on.

A story someone posted a couple days seemed like Bellator matched the UFC offer but Eddie's lawyers were looking over the 2 contracts closely.

I was guessing the issue is Eddie 1. wants to go to the UFC now 2. Doesn't believe the offers are really equal because Bellator cannot guarantee ppv or something else the UFC is offering? Or having to fight in a tourney instead of big name match ups?

So he signed a pretty shitty contract I gurss

My guess is it was a contract that wasn't as massive as Hector but still a shit load to try to keep Bellator away. With the Spike deal though, they're willing to spend more.

I don't know what kind of contract he has with Bellator, but they seem to be pretty sketchy as far as that goes. I'd like to see him in the ufc.

Does he have fights left on Bellator contract, or what?

Does he have fights left on Bellator contract, or what?

Na he doesn't have anymore fights left with Bellator but bellator has the right to match any contract the ufc offers those contract can be pretty thick so i guess they take time to look over

Na he doesn't have anymore fights left with Bellator but bellator has the right to match any contract the ufc offers those contract can be pretty thick so i guess they take time to look over

So I guess Rebney and friends won't let go easily....

Back