Eddie Alvarez Losing His Cool Over UFC / Bellator Negotations

Jblizzle

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
113.png

http://www.bjpenn.com/eddie-alvarez-losing-his-cool-over-ufc-bellatory-negotations-mma-news/

I guess Dana wasn't kidding when he said it's gonna get ugly..

"It's not up to me"

So you're just a piece of meat? He did this to himself.

Damn hope to see him in the ufc soon. Maybe all those people will shut up now saying he just wants to be the big fish in the small pond.

"It's not up to me"

If the ufc releases a fighter they still have right to match any offers that fighter gets Educate yourself before talking shit Practically every fighter contract has that clause

Damn hope to see him in the ufc soon. Maybe all those people will shut up now saying he just wants to be the big fish in the small pond.

I was one of those people saying it but for good reason that's that's the vibe he put out. He first said since him and bjorne were friends bjorne allowed him to go to the ufc without these contract negotiations. A few weeks go by and he said oh well now they are gonna show me offers and if its matched than its matched. Now he's saying this. It was good reason for us to say it but still.

He's going to Bellator and it's probably the best career move he could make.

I just hope he ends up in the UFC the only LW I'd want to see him fight in Bellator is Chandler besides that no one I can think of

If the ufc releases a fighter they still have right to match any offers that fighter gets Educate yourself before talking shit Practically every fighter contract has that clause

This is incorrect. If the UFC releases a fighter, they wash their hands of them. They can go anywhere they want. If a UFC fighter fulfills his contractual obligation and wishes to look elsewhere, the UFC has the right to match the contract. For example, when Rampage finishes his last fight against Glover in a few weeks, the UFC can contractually match the offer he'll get from Bellator if they want (they won't). If the UFC cut Rampage instead, he can do whatever he wants to do.

"It's not up to me"

Where could he fight for a living that doesn't have some type of matching clause in the contract?

"It's not up to me"

Nice. I think it moved a little when I uttered the last sentence, ramming home his self victimization, like some mass Indian protest for dignity.

Will Eddie sign his Michael Chandler fight contract? Or will he sign with an org that has more than one fight for him? To be continued...

not sure why he's losing his cool. There's literally a bidding war for his services. Even if he ends up in bellator again he's gonna be getting paid well.

Smaller orgs have to play hardball or have all there fighters leave once they win and defend the championship a few times. Sucks for the fighters though

No, smaller orgs need to realize that they are just feeder systems for the UFC.

I was one of those people saying it but for good reason that's that's the vibe he put out. He first said since him and bjorne were friends bjorne allowed him to go to the ufc without these contract negotiations. A few weeks go by and he said oh well now they are gonna show me offers and if its matched than its matched. Now he's saying this. It was good reason for us to say it but still.

Bellator had 3 months of exclusive negotiating after his contract expired so bjorne being his friend released him from his contract therefore voiding the exclusive Negotiating process But even after mma fighters are released from their contract the org they were with still have the right to match any offers from other orgs. Bjorn and Eddie are friends but the guys doing the negotiating i believe are from viacom

Back