Eddie Alvarez: "If I have to fight Chandler again, it's because Bellator wants it".

Why do people keep putting words in Bjorn's mouth? Bjorn said it's up to Eddie. Eddie says he wants to fight Brooks. So now we know it will be Alvarez vs Brooks on PPV. Let's get it started!

Why do people keep putting words in Bjorn's mouth? Bjorn said it's up to Eddie. Eddie says he wants to fight Brooks. So now we know it will be Alvarez vs Brooks on PPV. Let's get it started!

The problem is this. From what I understand the contract says that eddie only has to fight chandler twice and he gets to leave. Bellator might not honor that contract if he fights brooks. So Eddie will have to come back again and fight Chandler after brooks. So unless Bellator agrees to let Brooks be his last fight he might be forced to fight Chandler again to get out of the contract what he's been wanting to begin with.

The problem is this. From what I understand the contract says that eddie only has to fight chandler twice and he gets to leave. Bellator might not honor that contract if he fights brooks. So Eddie will have to come back again and fight Chandler after brooks. So unless Bellator agrees to let Brooks be his last fight he might be forced to fight Chandler again to get out of the contract what he's been wanting to begin with.

So this is all about Alvarez getting away from Bellator? I ask sincerely, I am ignorant of the details of Alvarez' dispute with Bellator.

So this is all about Alvarez getting away from Bellator? I ask sincerely, I am ignorant of the details of Alvarez' dispute with Bellator.

He tried to get away before and a lawsuit broke out. They eventually worked out a deal that makes it so that Eddie fights Chandler again. If Chandler wins the first time Eddie can leave if not Eddie has to fight Chandler one more time and win or lose he gets to leave.

Now they're trying to replace Chandler with Brooks in that deal and I'm not so sure Bellator will honor the agreement in that situation.

Im going to read the source material in a sec. But if Im a big Eddie fan than this worries me. Eddie n Chandler are 1-1 in 2 very closely contested, awesome fights. If he doesnt want to fight Chandler again it kinda makes me question his desire to train and compete at a level necessary to beat animals like Chandler. I wouldnt wana fight Chandler again either the guys a friggin handful, but Im also not a cage fighter. If Eddie doesnt want to fight/beat Chandler again I wonder how hed do against the UFC guys who are all animals like Chandler. I will say though, Eddie has always been about the money and so far that has been a good enough motivator for him so as of right now there is no reason to really question his motivation.

If will Brooks doesn't get the next title shot against Eddie then Bellator is beyond retarded. Will Brooks deserves it and Michael Chandler should have to win a fight or two to get back to the trilogy against Eddie. I think that's fair and makes the most sense.

says who? I havent seen Bellator announce Eddie/Brooks yet.

Lets see what happens, Eddies told the world its up to them so whoever I fight is because thats who they wanted to me to fight.

So Bjorn cant weasel his way out of this one, he has to make Eddie/Brooks or Bellator is gonna look terrible.

Lets see if he does it. Cant pass it off on Eddie but BJorn probably will, he'll say it was in the contract we had to make that fight, not that Eddie had the choice or some shit like that.

Why would Bjorn even bring it up before talking to Eddie? He clearly wants Eddie/Chandler. That is what was being pushed. He also never said he thought it should be Brooks, he avoided saying it, because he doesn't want that, he's pushing for Eddie/Chandler.

I said that was the situation.

Eddie stands a better chance against Brooks, and already technically beat Chandler, so why would he care to fight him?

It was pretty obvious this was Bellator's interest, because they think Chandler stands a better chance. Putting it out there that it's Eddie's choice diverts some of the blame from them if/when the fight is made.

Hopefully it isn't, because it will screw over Brooks, and a couple of the other tourney winners, but I expect it will be because Bellator doesn't bend to public pressure very often.

Chandler deserves to fight Eddie. He took the fight with Brooks to not ruin Bellator's ppv chances.

Translation would be Eddie doesn't want to fight Chandler, he wants to fight Brooks because he's the champ.

Chandler deserves to fight Eddie. He took the fight with Brooks to not ruin Bellator's ppv chances.

his bad. he could have said no. he didnt and he lost now he should go back in line.. this stance is pretty much saying the interim belt doesnt mean shit unless it was on chandlers shoulders

I said that was the situation.

Eddie stands a better chance against Brooks, and already technically beat Chandler, so why would he care to fight him?

It was pretty obvious this was Bellator's interest, because they think Chandler stands a better chance. Putting it out there that it's Eddie's choice diverts some of the blame from them if/when the fight is made.

Hopefully it isn't, because it will screw over Brooks, and a couple of the other tourney winners, but I expect it will be because Bellator doesn't bend to public pressure very often.

Yes. But i think it also has to do with all the money they have pumped into building Chandler as one of the Best LW's in the world.

The best thing for Bellator is Eddie/Chandler 3, with Chandler winning.

next best is Eddie/Brooks with Brooks winning.

then, Eddie/Chandler with Eddie winning (Bellator can claim Brooks is best because he never lost to eddie)

last, Eddie/Brooks with Eddie winning as he would leave beating both of Bellator's best LW's.

Sounds like he knows he barely escaped with a decision win in the Chandler rematch and doesn't want any anymore.

Sounds like he knows he barely escaped with a decision win in the Chandler rematch and doesn't want any anymore.

Lol not at all. If Mike fought Eddie that night he was going to sleep. After watching that fight Eddie rather fight Chandler, Brooks has gas for days. Eddie was openly cheering for Mike. ... Mike vs Eddie PPV makes Eddie a TON more money than brooks and Eddie does. It just seems like Eddie knows that if he fights mike it's a circus act. Brooks deserves it.

Lol not at all. If Mike fought Eddie that night he was going to sleep. After watching that fight Eddie rather fight Chandler, Brooks has gas for days. Eddie was openly cheering for Mike. ... Mike vs Eddie PPV makes Eddie a TON more money than brooks and Eddie does. It just seems like Eddie knows that if he fights mike it's a circus act. Brooks deserves it.

Pretty much. Eddie would have ran through Chandler that night and it wouldn't be close.

Props to Eddie for wanting to fight the right guy while taking a considerable pay cut potentially in the form of PPV sales with the lesser known fighter. He could have easily said he wanted Chandler just based on how bad Chandler looked in that fight.

Back