Eddie Alvarez: I wanna fight Brooks so i can get out of Bellator easier

I do want Eddie to win, and go to the UFC however. We could still get that Eddie v Gil match, or Eddie v anybody really. He will be solid for ppv, he fights exciting and is good. Let him go Bellator.

Like I previously said I figured that was his attitude and Bellator was full of shit acting like he was the one who wanted him to fight Chandler.

However, good luck to him at getting anywhere near the kind of money he wants win or lose now that he's said it publicly. Eddie is more Nate Diaz than Gilbert Melendez in terms of temperament and business savvy.

UFC wants him, they will pay him. Also if he beats Brooks you think Bellator is just gonna say oh go? They matched the deal for a reason, cause they wanted to keep him.

Eddie doesnt give a shit about the org, he has no ties to either org, pay him the most and he will fight for you. If UFC offers him shit and he is the bellator champ and he says to Bellator they offered me x, give me a better deal I'll stay you think Bellator wouldnt?

They wouldnt have gone through all that trouble in the first place if they didnt want to keep him and now that he is the champ who could beat Bellators two best LW I think they would want to keep him.

UFC will have to come with a good offer.

i dont know why people keep overlooking Brooks, dude is awesome athlete who trains at one of the best gym ( if not the best) and continues to look better every fight

Could be huge mistake by Eddie thinking this is a easier fight

i dont know why people keep overlooking Brooks, dude is awesome athlete who trains at one of the best gym ( if not the best) and continues to look better every fight

This is an easier fight for Eddie easily. Eddie has more advantages over will than Eddie does over mike.

This is an easier fight for Eddie easily. Eddie has more advantages over will than Eddie does over mike.

Maybe, but i think wrestling will still be an advantage for Will. Eddie actually has pretty solid wrestling but Will's is also very good and it proved pretty effective vs. Chandler both offensively and defensively, and it's been dominant vs. just about everybody else. Not to MMAth it, but i felt Will validated his MMA wrestling as very strong vs. an excellent wrestler. Also, Will's cardio was very impressive in the Chandler fight. He didn't slow down a bit in what was a very grueling fight...i think Chandler slowing down at the end of the second EA fight is probably what lost him the fight. Also, Will keeps getting better and better.

I think fight ending potential on the feet is all Eddie, while Chandler posed a big threat there while Will hasn't really proved to have that...but he was beating Chandler to the punch in there fight and even had Chandler hurt bad in the second, so he isn't hapless and he is dangerous, especially against a guy easily clocked like Eddie.

I don't know. Seems people are still wrongfully overlooking the guy. That's OK for fans but seems pretty foolhardy for a guy like Eddie, who has so much riding on the fight. I hope he was just trying to get the guy mad and not being loco.

It sure beats being in a third 5 round war that will probably shorten his career.

Get him in the UFC already. His clock is ticking and Bellator is only wasting his time.

I think he only said that because wills attitude and the fact he kept insisting eddie wanted the easier fight

I think Chandler is the better fighter overall. However Brooka is the longer, more powerful dangerous striker imo and Eddie always gets tagged & rocked. So not so sure.

But there's another angle to these comments...

This will make an already discontent Bellator employee Brooks angrier. If Bjorn makes the Chandler fight instead then Brooks will absolutely hate Bellator and want out just as badly as Eddie. Clever comments imo.

I do think Will is a SLIGHTLY better wrestler than Eddie, it won't be much of a factor IMO as Eddie will keep the fight standing. .. Only reason there was so much wrestling in the Chandler fight is because Mike dictated that and dominated will wrestling in the first 2 rounds before he got gassed. I'm not over looking anyone, but logically as a fan and someone who knows Eddie, I like his chances vs Will a lot more. Only advantage will had over Mike was cardio, and with reports of Mike being hurt I just am not convinced Will can beat Eddie.

I think Chandler is the better fighter overall. However Brooka is the longer, more powerful dangerous striker imo and Eddie always gets tagged & rocked. So not so sure.

But there's another angle to these comments...

This will make an already discontent Bellator employee Brooks angrier. If Bjorn makes the Chandler fight instead then Brooks will absolutely hate Bellator and want out just as badly as Eddie. Clever comments imo.

Eddie was rocked and dropped multiple times, however he hasn't been rocked or Dropped since joining the BZ's, his elusiveness is by far his biggest improvement. He took zero big shots standing vs Chandler in 5 rounds during the 2nd fight.

Even if you look back at Eddies career, all the guys that rocked and dropped him have Better striking than Will. The biggest concern for Me as an Eddie fan is Wills cardio, however Eddie has never lost a Decision.

Eddie was rocked and dropped multiple times, however he hasn't been rocked or Dropped since joining the BZ's, his elusiveness is by far his biggest improvement. He took zero big shots standing vs Chandler in 5 rounds during the 2nd fight.

Even if you look back at Eddies career, all the guys that rocked and dropped him have Better striking than Will. The biggest concern for Me as an Eddie fan is Wills cardio, however Eddie has never lost a Decision.

Eddie seems to be the one guy that has improved by working with the BlackZillians.

lol if Will Brooks wins, Alvarez gets booted out of his contract and then UFC won't want him

Chandler vs Alvarez 3 in the UFC lol I really hope Eddie can leave that shit hole organization.

Back