Eddie Alvarez: I wanna fight Brooks so i can get out of Bellator easier

When the hell did Bellator act like he was the one who wanted to fight Chandler?

Bellator said that in the contract it said Chandler, but it was u the Alvarez and he would make the decision.. What the hell else were they supposed to say?

They had no say themselves, they HAD to say it was Eddies decision as they couldn't pull the trigger either way themselves. So why are we acting like them saying it was Eddies decision is like them trying to say Alvarez is going to pick Chandler?

Or did you just read something vague a forum poster said and suddenly ran with it? oh, okay.

Responses like these from real organizational supporters prove I'm not one, to those who've made that accusation of me.

Listen, Bellator clearly wanted to make Chandler-Alvarez III because Michael was more their poster boy and also thought he'd have a better chance to send Eddie out on a loss. So that's why they put the message out there that it's Eddie's choice, to pressure him into the Chandler fight they wanted. If he didn't choose Chandler, he'd look like he's scared publicly. But he played it smart on that front at least, and said he didn't care, he wanted to fight Brooks because he was easier. However, it's still Bellator's choice at the end of the day. Even now that Eddie says he prefers Brooks, they can still pit him against Chandler, just now they look worse to the fighters and die hards because they are circumventing the meritorious philosophy that the company was built on. Now that they didn't get the response they wanted from Eddie, they have to decide if further hurting their good will with fighters is worth the damage it could do to their brand with the average fan if Eddie wins and leaves.

Responses like these from real organizational supporters prove I'm not one, to those who've made that accusation of me.

Listen, Bellator clearly wanted to make Chandler-Alvarez III because Michael was more their poster boy and also thought he'd have a better chance to send Eddie out on a loss. So that's why they put the message out there that it's Eddie's choice, to pressure him into the Chandler fight they wanted. If he didn't choose Chandler, he'd look like he's scared publicly. But he played it smart on that front at least, and said he didn't care, he wanted to fight Brooks because he was easier. However, it's still Bellator's choice at the end of the day. Even now that Eddie says he prefers Brooks, they can still pit him against Chandler, just now they look worse to the fighters and die hards because they are circumventing the meritorious philosophy that the company was built on. Now that they didn't get the response they wanted from Eddie, they have to decide if further hurting their good will with fighters is worth the damage it could do to their brand with the average fan if Eddie wins and leaves.

Okay, so what you are saying is that Bellator never said they wanted Alvarez/Chandler 3 over Alvarez/Brooks, and that you are just making some big assumptions based solely on your opinion (that Bellator was trying to pressure Eddie) that has zero supporting facts.

Gotcha.

I still go on the fact that is was Eddies decision because of what the contract said, not Bellators, so Bellator said it was Eddies decision because of what the contract said... I like my facts better than your opinion. :)

Good talk.

Damn clown everybody in one sentence. :icon_chee Make the match Bellator.

fuck, without eddie alvarez lw division is shit

i mean theres michael chandler but it will be really weakened

What about the guy who technically just beat Michael Chandler? He doesn't count as anyone?

Marcin Held?

Alexander Sarnavskiy?

Rick Hawn?

I always liked Sass in UFC too, and he's young, so he could have improved.

Then there is Primus, Sinclair, Anderson, and maybe Jenkins (if he fights at 155) for prospects to develop in the interim and eventually provide the next challenges.

Eddie leaving would/will be a blow to it, but it will still hardly be "shit". You don't have a shit lightweight division when you have a decent tv deal and pay 155 lbers the same as 265 lbers. The common myth is that divisions, even smallish ones, outside the #1 organization, all consist of like 1 or 2 guys. Strikeforce and WEC proved that perception was wrong. Hell, Will Brooks kind of did himself already for Bellator.

Did no one else see Eddie winking and shit after saying that? He was F'in with Wills head because Will was going on like an emotional girl about Eddie not taking the fight while Eddie was saying he wants the fight.

Okay, so what you are saying is that Bellator never said they wanted Alvarez/Chandler 3 over Alvarez/Brooks, and that you are just making some big assumptions based solely on your opinion (that Bellator was trying to pressure Eddie) that has zero supporting facts.

Gotcha.

I still go on the fact that is was Eddies decision because of what the contract said, not Bellators, so Bellator said it was Eddies decision because of what the contract said... I like my facts better than your opinion. :)

Good talk.

Well, it's pretty easy to make the deduction that's what Bellator wanted instead when Eddie has now come out and said he preferred to fight Brooks and logically he would have never cared to fight Chandler having just technically beaten him. But you have to be approaching it from the angle of figuring out the truth, not blindly supporting an organization, to come to that conclusion.

Well, it's pretty easy to make the deduction that's what Bellator wanted instead when Eddie has now come out and said he preferred to fight Brooks and logically he would have never cared to fight Chandler having just technically beaten him. But you have to be approaching from the angle of figuring out the truth, not blindly supporting an organization, to come to that conclusion.

Logically? ROFL

So what should Bellator have said when they were asked about Alvarez next fight, having not talked to him yet?

Was Bellator supposed to just outright lie and choose an opponent despite them not having that ability and the possibility it could change since it isn't their decision....? Were they supposed to start pushing and hyping a fight when its highly likely the fighter could go a different direction and they not know this yet?

Does saying its 'Eddies choice' means they are trying to pressure him into the Chandler fight, despite it being the facts?

That's some crazy ass 'logic' mate. Sounds more like you ran with a story, made sense of that story by ignoring facts and details, and then concluded it was 'logical'. ROFL :)

I love how the internet always thinks it knows someones 'secret motives' despite never having any real facts to support it, because, you know, conspiracies are fun and junk.

Logically? ROFL

So what should Bellator have said when they were asked about Alvarez next fight, having not talked to him yet?

Was Bellator supposed to just outright lie and choose an opponent despite them not having that ability and the possibility it could change since it isn't their decision....? Were they supposed to start pushing and hyping a fight when its highly likely the fighter could go a different direction and they not know this yet?

Does saying its 'Eddies choice' means they are trying to pressure him into the Chandler fight, despite it being the facts?

That's some crazy ass 'logic' mate. Sounds more like you ran with a story, made sense of that story by ignoring facts and details, and then concluded it was 'logical'. ROFL :)

I love how the internet always thinks it knows someones 'secret motives' despite never having any real facts to support it, because, you know, conspiracies are fun and junk.

Yep, it's an outlandish conspiracy.

Bellator didn't say Vegh was injured and set up the fight they really wanted in Mo-Newton II instead, only for us to find out later from Vegh himself that he wasn't really injured. Stuff like that doesn't happen with Bellator and other promotions, though.

In this case I'm sure in suggesting to the public that Chandler-Alvarez could happen again in spite of its absurdity thanks to back-to-back technical losses for Chandler, they were just considering the interests of a fighter who naturally couldn't give a flying fuck about facing a guy he just beat and who subsequently lost too. Can you even confirm Eddie asked for this in his contract or are you just going by what an always forthright promoter claimed? I highly doubt you can confirm it because it doesn't make sense Eddie would ask for that. So you're speculating too, but less logically. rofl

Holy fuck, that's just horribly disrespectful. I LOVE IT!!!

While I agree. I hope he doesn't look at Brooks as an easy fight.

Also, good for Eddie. After the bs Bellator has put him thru, he should be looking for the nearest exit.

Yep, it's an outlandish conspiracy.

Bellator didn't say Vegh was injured and set up the fight they really wanted in Mo-Newton II instead, only for us to find out later from Vegh himself that he wasn't really injured. Stuff like that doesn't happen with Bellator and other promotions, though.

In this case I'm sure in suggesting to the public that Chandler-Alvarez could happen again in spite of its absurdity thanks to back-to-back technical losses for Chandler, they were just considering the interests of a fighter who naturally couldn't give a flying fuck about facing a guy he just beat and who subsequently lost too. Can you even confirm Eddie asked for this in his contract or are you just going by what an always forthright promoter claimed? I highly doubt you can confirm it because it doesn't make sense Eddie would ask for that. So you're speculating too, but less logically. rofl

Eddie confirmed as much in his MMAFIghting interview today. He said specifically that he didn't ask for the wording in his contract, but it was there, and that it was his decision... He then went on to claim that if he fought Chandler that it would be Bellators decision...

So with both people saying its the other persons decision if the Chandler fight is made, it sounds like NEITHER is choosing Chandler as the next opponent... so how do you take from all of this that Bellator wanted Chandler? (without using your assumptional logic backed by zero facts or reasoning)

When asked the question of who is next, should they have simply left out that its Eddies decision and why?

Bellator had no right to simply say "Brooks", and if they simply said "we don't know yet" without listing a reason why Chandler was even a possibility, they would have been murdered by all fans and media alike (irony, right?)... That sounds like it would have went over better, eh?..

Waiting for Eddie to go full Mo on Bad News Bjorn's dick-riding ass during the next PPV.

I like the Will Brooks fight because it's a fresh pairing. Not to mention it makes sense in interim champeen vs champeen.

No offense to Miguel, but getting a fight vs the champ, non-title or not, is kind of absurd coming off of two straight losses.

I like the Will Brooks fight because it's a fresh pairing. Not to mention it makes sense in interim champeen vs champeen.

No offense to Miguel, but getting a fight vs the champ, non-title or not, is kind of absurd coming off of two straight losses.

Miguel Chandler future p4p goat!

I can see him reigning supreme once Eddie leaves, and that may be for the best since him at the helm can open up the Hispanic market for Bellator.

Oh man I just heard the back and forth between Eddie and Will Brooks today on MMAHour lol.

Back