Eddie Alvarez: I wanna fight Brooks so i can get out of Bellator easier

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by efalk1322, May 27, 2014.

1. efalk1322

efalk1322 Silver Belt

Eddie just said that to Will Brooks on the MMA Hour. Says Chandler fought hurt and wants Brooks bc he's an easier fight and will be able to leave Bellator after the win.

2. Gohel

Gohel Orange Belt

I know that Chandler's fans will be angry, which is understable, but after what Eddie went through we can't blame him.

3. acewayne

acewayne Green Belt

That was hilarious, but he's right. It's the easier fight.

4. Sicarii

Sicarii Purple Belt

whoever he wants to fight sounds good, hope he can leave on a winning note and get some nice dough in the UFC plus be close to a title shot

5. BionicCommando

BionicCommando Silver Belt

Well shit.

6. mindturking

mindturking MAGAJAW™

lmao. good. i hope he medusa them on the way out. but brooks will be injured and somehow the chandler fight happens

7. spikemma

spikemma Brown Belt

He's going to be just like you all who shat on brooks and won't be sayn jack after he gets wrestled down and loses a decision.

And he's not leaving btw. Book it.

8. jamesgalb

jamesgalb Green Belt

:)

Brooks beats Alvarez, and Alvarez is left looking at an average UFC contract of a Bellator contract including bait like a rematch with Chandler and then Brooks after.. :O

9. Kingz

Kingz Gold Belt

I'd say that is wrong way to approach a brooks fight

10. DennysGrandSlam

DennysGrandSlam Green Belt

At least he's honest. I'd probably do the same. Brooks is good, definitely top 20 top 15 good. I don't think he wins against a top ten staple like Eddie. At least not yet.

11. BuffaloEmperor

BuffaloEmperor Brown Belt

get him to the UFC asap!

12. CC27

CC27 Gold Belt

I think it will be an easier fight. I think Eddie will look to strike with Brooks not wrestle, if Eddie is 100 percent I can see him knocking Brooks out.

Huge fight for Eddie, he needs this win more than any other win in his career. he gets this one he is gonna get paid by the UFC and get a title shot.

Man the thought of Gil/Pettis vs eddie vs Khabib, Punk, Grant, Miller, Cowboy, Bendo.

So many fights for him in the UFC, now he just needs to take care of business.

13. Mikedh

Mikedh Silver Belt

That is almost TOO honest.

Don't take Will so slightly though Eddie. Eddie is getting older, has been fighting professionally for 10+ years and takes a lot of damage in fights. He is likely near the end of his prime. He needs to cash in with his next contract.

14. JonSnitchPhones

JonSnitchPhones Beastin' 26/9

Like I previously said I figured that was his attitude and Bellator was full of shit acting like he was the one who wanted him to fight Chandler.

However, good luck to him at getting anywhere near the kind of money he wants win or lose now that he's said it publicly. Eddie is more Nate Diaz than Gilbert Melendez in terms of temperament and business savvy.

15. mindturking

mindturking MAGAJAW™

i dont see that. he deserves to shit on them and i dont think zuffa will make him pay for that but who knows really.... but eddie seems much more down to earth and a better temperament than both diaz brothers.

16. JonSnitchPhones

JonSnitchPhones Beastin' 26/9

Zuffa has proven they don't care what you deserve. They care what they are leveraged into paying you, and that's not so much when you take the only other organization intending to compete with them off the table. Now it's an amount that just wouldn't offend Eddie and make him go back to Asia or quit the game.

17. jamesgalb

jamesgalb Green Belt

When the hell did Bellator act like he was the one who wanted to fight Chandler?

Bellator said that in the contract it said Chandler, but it was u the Alvarez and he would make the decision.. What the hell else were they supposed to say?

They had no say themselves, they HAD to say it was Eddies decision as they couldn't pull the trigger either way themselves. So why are we acting like them saying it was Eddies decision is like them trying to say Alvarez is going to pick Chandler?

Or did you just read something vague a forum poster said and suddenly ran with it? oh, okay.

18. jamesgalb

jamesgalb Green Belt

Now this, is true. Eddie is hurting himselves by making Bellator less interested in bidding high for him. The whole positive thing about Bellator is that they help increase fighters market value. Eddie is doing himselves no favors :\

19. Kingz

Kingz Gold Belt

He just did beat a top 10 guy who many think should be 2-0 vs Eddie.

20. Toco

Toco Steel Belt

fuck, without eddie alvarez lw division is shit

i mean theres michael chandler but it will be really weakened

bellator needs to buy better people