Eddie Alvarez goes the Askren way and oficially joins ONE Championship

The ufc would’ve never given him another serious shot anyways so he might as well get paid. I guess it’ll be him vs nyugen for the title.
Nguyen vacated the LW belt.
Eddie for sure has an immediate title shot in his contract. Sorry Shinya
I don't think you understand how important Aoki is for ONE. They are not pissing him off, considering he's their only high lv guy from Japan and they have important plans for ONE's japanese debut in 2019, which absolutely involves Aoki. Maybe Aoki will have to fight Eddie and the winner gets the titleshot, but i'd be very surprised if Eddie gets a immediate title shot skipping the line. Not happening.

I don't think you understand how important Aoki is for ONE. They are not pissing him off, considering he's their only high lv guy from Japan and they have important plans for ONE's japanese debut in 2019, which absolutely involves Aoki. Maybe Aoki will have to fight Eddie and the winner gets the titleshot, but i'd be very surprised if Eddie gets a immediate title shot skipping the line. Not happening.
So who’s the current champ after Nguyen?

Eddie gonna can crush and make bank before he retires.

I would've at least like to see Eddie back in Bellator.

But I can understand signing at this point in his career with ONE. He is turning 35 before his next fight and has fought 35 times plus whatever amateur bouts. He has been a lot of wars also. I firmly believe he knows he only has a few fights at best in him at the highest level of the sport. UFC wasn't going to do him any favors in his twilight of his career. Bellator, he may still have some ill feelings toward how they treated him.

Good for Eddie as I'm sure ONE paid him nicely. He'll be able to prolong his career longer with wins and fans will hold him higher regard than finishing off his UFC career with a 3 or 4 loses in the UFC as all too many seem to do.

You'll see. The guys first contract with the UFC was for an immediate shot at the LW title... the UFC.... but bellator lawsuit nixed that. Eddie is also going to be making a ton more money than Aoki and they're a business.

And since the title is vacated, Aoki vs Alvarez seems like a likely first fight. Then Eddie can fight Askren next at a catch weight

You'll see. The guys first contract with the UFC was for an immediate shot at the LW title... the UFC.... but bellator lawsuit nixed that. Eddie is also going to be making a ton more money than Aoki and they're a business.
Amir Khan will fight Folayang for the vacant belt

If i had to guess, the winner of Eddie vs. Aoki III gets a titleshot
I don't see eddie signing with One without an immediate title shot in the contract. When is the Khan Folayang fight?

Would luv to see Alvarez vs Ben Askren! Catch weight 165? Heck, Eddie would fight him at 170. Ben is not a big welterweight.

Amir Khan will fight Folayang for the vacant belt

If i had to guess, the winner of Eddie vs. Aoki III gets a titleshot
Would have been awesome if Kevin Belingon was a 155er. Really think he's a solid 135er in any promotion.

And since the title is vacated, Aoki vs Alvarez seems like a likely first fight. Then Eddie can fight Askren next at a catch weight
Khan and Folayang are fighting for the vacant belt. Aoki is next. Like i have previously said in this thread, ONE has plans in 2019 for a Japan expansion and Aoki is their guy, their big name there. ONE doesn't even have events happening in the western part of the world, where Alvarez is much bigger.. Their main public is Asian and Oceanic. Sorry but you are misinformed, catch weights aren't even a thing in ONE. Wrong.

Have him fight Ariel Sexton for his debut.

Khan and Folayang are fighting for the vacant belt. Aoki is next. Like i have previously said in this thread, ONE has plans in 2019 for a Japan expansion and Aoki is their guy, their big name there. ONE doesn't even have events happening in the western part of the world, where Alvarez is much bigger.. Their main public is Asian and Oceanic. Sorry but you are misinformed, catch weights aren't even a thing in ONE. Wrong.
Few more Japanese signings like Kota who lost to Ariel Sexton and that guy that upset Gafurov are also signs on the big expansion into Japan

Back