Eddie Alvarez being sued

If they had some smart people and lawyers writing up this contract and reviewing it then the clause should cover this kind of situation. I believe Bellator got the template fighter contracts from Zuffa so it may be covered. If this is the case, Eddie is going back to Bellator unless there is a wait out period (like 1 year) that was mentioned.

Im sure they did...Bjorn used to be a lawyer.

No, they're trying to keep one of their biggest stars through legal means. If you don't think the UFC would do the same thing you cray cray.

I think the UFC would do it only if they actually had a leg to stand on, Bellator are doing this out of spite. Alvarez's contract is up and he is free to negotiate with other organizations, then Bellator come up with an offer that doesn't match the UFC's, now they're looking for some kind of hail Mary in the courtroom.

For all the people saying that Eddie isn't worth all this fuss, you may be right, but this is so much more than that. The UFC already failed to sign Fedor from M-1, but I guess that can be swept under the rug because M-1 are a bunch of crooked Russians, how bad does it look on the UFC when they are unable to sign a Bellator fighter? They're the top MMA org in the world, they should be able to sign who they want.

For all the people saying that Eddie isn't worth all this fuss, you may be right, but this is so much more than that. The UFC already failed to sign Fedor from M-1, but I guess that can be swept under the rug because M-1 are a bunch of crooked Russians, how bad does it look on the UFC when they are unable to sign a Bellator fighter? They're the top MMA org in the world, they should be able to sign who they want.

This doesn't look bad for the UFC at all. No single fighter is bigger than the UFC so the UFC isn't the loser in this if Alvarez stays with Bellator. Same with Fedor. I am/was a huge fan of his but the UFC didn't lose a single penny by not signing him.

Only the fans lost out on some fun possible fights and Fedor lost out on some really big money if he had success in the UFC.

This doesn't look bad for the UFC at all. No single fighter is bigger than the UFC so the UFC isn't the loser in this if Alvarez stays with Bellator. Same with Fedor. I am/was a huge fan of his but the UFC didn't lose a single penny by not signing him.

Only the fans lost out on some fun possible fights and Fedor lost out on some really big money if he had success in the UFC.

I'm not talking about the money, just the public perception of the UFC not being able to get their targets.

I'm not talking about the money, just the public perception of the UFC not being able to get their targets.

Dude, not even the UFC is above the courts.

I don't think it hurts their perception at all. The general public knows nothing about this, and the MMA fanbase knows it's a messy situation that's not really related to the power of the UFC.

Nah, the public doesn't really know who Bellator is let alone Alvarez. Again, the only ones losing out in this are the fans and the fighter not getting signed.

I think the UFC would do it only if they actually had a leg to stand on, Bellator are doing this out of spite. Alvarez's contract is up and he is free to negotiate with other organizations, then Bellator come up with an offer that doesn't match the UFC's, now they're looking for some kind of hail Mary in the courtroom.

To be fair, none of us have seen the contracts - we don't know that for sure. I do think Bellator does shady shit though. UFC has in the past too though.

To be fair, none of us have seen the contracts - we don't know that for sure. I do think Bellator does shady shit though. UFC has in the past too though.

What has the ufc done like this. The randy situation wasn't even close. He got a signing bonus then tried to leave before he finished all his fights incredibly shaddy on Randy's part.

Great work by the Zuffa hype machine making Bellator look to be some kind of bad guy in all of this. Bellator is just looking out for his interests. I see no foul play, it's Eddie and Ufc that are full of carp.

I've been saying for years that Eddie is just too full of carp and we already know how chock full of carp the UFC is... :p

Great work by the Zuffa hype machine making Bellator look to be some kind of bad guy in all of this. Bellator is just looking out for his interests. I see no foul play, it's Eddie and Ufc that are full of carp.

Right..except you don't even know the details of this situation your just making assumptions. Seems more to me like your full of crap.

Bellator is funny.

Im all for the growth of MMA. I dont want UFC to be the only big show out there, but ive never been able to get into Bellator.

So you're just a UFC fan? Not a MMA fan? MMA is MMA. Why does it matter where it comes from? Bellator puts on a pretty decent show.

Way to play right into Zuffas game, big guy.

Eddie isn't worth the trouble this will cause Bellator in the long tun. They should have just let him go no questions asked.

this is a mess - i wish he would hurry up and get to the ufc

Moon Hung Jung approves of such ****-block tactics.

Fuck! I can't say ****? This is some damn bullshit pussy fuckery going on in this asshole of a shitter.

Way to play right into Zuffas game, big guy.

Eddie isn't worth the trouble this will cause Bellator in the long tun. They should have just let him go no questions asked.

Yep. In this case it's better to be a stepping stone than a bear trap.

GSP is sueing his old management...
What's with all the lawsuits?

Could be worst... look at Qu

Back