Eddie Alvarez BAFFLED at how KHABIB is no1 contender!

I am BAFFLED you didn't grasp what he is saying...
"I'm not sure what the promotion's take is, but that's where I stand," Alvarez said. "Those are the guys I want to get my hands on. I've said it from the very beginning: Fighting the best guys in the world doesn't pay as good as the circus. I want to join the circus. I'm trying to get that circus money.

I think Khabib beats him so he does deserve a title shot.

Being inactive apparently has massive benefits in MMA, just look at Woodley.

And he has a point about Khabib, who is wrecked with injuries and has like one win in the past two years. If Woodley didn't deserve his shot, Khabib's is questionable as well

He had a point, until he started campaigning for a fight with Conor/Nate. If Khabib doesn't deserve a shot then how do you justify them?

The new entitled money fight champs suck.

Khabib, Ferguson, and probably another guy or two I'm not thinking of deserve the fight. It's LW it's stacked with contenders. Hell if Nate beats Conor again I think he deserves it too. Michael Johnson then Conor x2 is a fairly convincing argument as well. I'd go with Ferguson but it's not like he looked stellar his last outing either. Barboza and Brooks probably aren't that far off either. LW is nuts

And he has a point about Khabib, who is wrecked with injuries and has like one win in the past two years. If Woodley didn't deserve his shot, Khabib's is questionable as well

He had a point, until he started campaigning for a fight with Conor/Nate. If Khabib doesn't deserve a shot then how do you justify them?

My point is I personally don't fault him for it. Give the man a money fight.

My point is I personally don't fault him for it. Give the man a money fight.

My point is he has no room to discredit Khadib claim to a title shot while clamoring for 2 contenders who have far less right to a shot.

As for wanting a money fight, him and woodley would have alot more leverage if they made themselves the money fight instead of trying to ride coattails

If talking trash on Twitter and Instagram got you titles, Khabib would be a 10 time champion by now. Unfortunately for him and the Russian jizz guzzlers, that's not how it works.

My point is he has no room to discredit Khadib claim to a title shot while clamoring for 2 contenders who have far less right to a shot.

As for wanting a money fight, him and woodley would have alot more leverage if they made themselves the money fight instead of trying to ride coattails

Your point is fine. Nobody is disputing it - I just don't really give a shit about it.
Fighters are not matchmakers.
These dudes have the right to ask for or try to market any fight they want. Ultimately the UFC will decide if that fight is worth it, or the UFC will make the fight that IT wants to.

Woodley, Alvarez, Cruz, Bisping, etc etc etc can come out and say whatever they want. Most of these dudes have given their lives to the sport and have spent the majority of their careers getting paid shit. If they make it to the top of heap where you only last a year or two unless you're a freak of nature (like GSP, Jones, Silva etc etc) and they want to be vocal about who they fight next I say more power to them, and the fans should get the fuck over it.

Thanks brah, you're going to be right behind me too. And don't get me wrong, I do think he's kinda ducking kebab, but not because he's scared, but he doesn't want to lose the leverage he has over the UFC. It's rare for any fighter to have an edge over the UFC, gotta use it while you have it:

The thing is, he has no leverage, he will fight whoever they tell him to

If Khabib is so undeserving why not play up America vs Russia hate and get the patriots on both sides riled up to watch you guys fight?

Huge easy storyline, easy undeserved fight it is all there.

Your point is fine. Nobody is disputing it - I just don't really give a shit about it.
Fighters are not matchmakers.
These dudes have the right to ask for or try to market any fight they want. Ultimately the UFC will decide if that fight is worth it, or the UFC will make the fight that IT wants to.

Woodley, Alvarez, Cruz, Bisping, etc etc etc can come out and say whatever they want. Most of these dudes have given their lives to the sport and have spent the majority of their careers getting paid shit. If they make it to the top of heap where you only last a year or two unless you're a freak of nature (like GSP, Jones, Silva etc etc) and they want to be vocal about who they fight next I say more power to them, and the fans should get the fuck over it.

Well you did bring that point up, kinda silly to not give a shit about it. I agree with what you're saying about the UFC having all the leverage.

I would like guys like Eddie to take advantage of their opportunities more and make their name mean more instead of shamelessly jumping at other's coattails

I agree Khabib, in my opinion, should have to fight a couple of fights before getting a shot......UFC makes no sense at times.....

I'm surprised how many people here are suggesting the champion should take a money fight above all.

If the champion doesn't have many fighting years left and he's worried about making the most money, why even fight for the belt then? You are doing a disservice to the division.

No champion should be making demands until he has successfully defended his belt a couple of times.

Back