Eddie Alvarez and the UFC

SallySueSo

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Question for you; if Alvarez loses to Will Brooks, will the UFC still pick him up? Nobody expected Brooks to beat Chandler last night and he did so looking pretty good.

I like Brooks but I think Eddie is going to box him up

and I doubt the UFC would be very interested in him coming off a loss

I think the UFC would snag him for sure, especially if it is a close fight.

Even coming off a loss, Alvarez is one of the most exciting LWs out there. He's also a name. No way the UFC would pass him up.

Who wouldn't want to see Pettis vs Alvarez?

He may not get all the PPV points that he wanted originally but I'm sure they would still offer him a deal nevertheless.

How any judge, let alone two, gave that last round to Brooks is beyond me. Chandler got fucked over.

How any judge, let alone two, gave that last round to Brooks is beyond me. Chandler got fucked over.

It was a pretty close round. I love Chandler but tbh he deserved to lose that fight. Did not look good at all. Spent most of it stalling or hanging on. Brooks looked much better than I expected.

Question for you; if Alvarez loses to Will Brooks, will the UFC still pick him up? Nobody expected Brooks to beat Chandler last night and he did so looking pretty good.

Both the commentator and I thought Chandler won that fight. That card was filled with bad decisions.

Also, there is no way on earth rampage won that fight. That was just crazy.

I think the UFC would snag him for sure, especially if it is a close fight.

Even coming off a loss, Alvarez is one of the most exciting LWs out there. He's also a name. No way the UFC would pass him up.

Who wouldn't want to see Pettis vs Alvarez?

this. been a fan of Alvarez for a long time, he's really underrated.

It was a pretty close round. I love Chandler but tbh he deserved to lose that fight. Did not look good at all. Spent most of it stalling or hanging on. Brooks looked much better than I expected.

Exactly. Made worse by Chandler talking shit about Brooks being a lay and pray fighter, then proceeding to just lay and pray his way through the first 2 rounds. Will wanted it alot more.

Chandler's IQ in this fight was one of the worst I've ever seen from a top-flight fighter. However, I agree that there's no way Brooks won round 5. Watching live, it didn't even cross my mind that the round was up for debate.

That being said, 47-47. Round 3 was clearly 10-8. I honestly don't see an argument to the contrary for that round.

I am quite certain Dana White said the offer is off the table if Alvarez lost to Chandler. If that is the case then the offer is for sure off the table with a loss to a nobody like Will Brooks.

Brooks looked great in the fight but he did not win. At the very best he fought to a draw, which is very impressive.

But yes I'm sure UFC will want to snag Eddie win or lose. Awesome fighter to watch.

I am quite certain Dana White said the offer is off the table if Alvarez lost to Chandler. If that is the case then the offer is for sure off the table with a loss to a nobody like Will Brooks.

Will Brooks is still a nobody? I'm pretty sure he proved he was legit last night.

I agree but Brooks I thought could have snuck a 10-8 round also.. But to be honest I Dont know what a 10-8 round looks like in the UFC.. Shogun-Hendo round 5 was a 10-8 as it gets but somehow a judge gave Hendricks a 10-8 round over Lawler smh...

I also thought Mo got that last round and so did all three play by play guys here on Sherdog so who knows when u leave it up to the judges..

Will Brooks is still a nobody? I'm pretty sure he proved he was legit last night.

I would love to see Brooks against say Michael Johnson or Dos Banjos someone at that bottom of the top 10..

Same w MVP maybe Safferdine..

Alvarez would win and hopefully he comes to the UFC afterwards. Sucks for Chandler and Bellator if they can't complete the trilogy.

Interesting piece coming out now is that Alvarez's contract stipulates that Chandler is his next fight, if he, Alvarez, wants it. My understanding is that the fight with Chandler would fulfill his contract and he'd then be a free agent. Would be interesting for him to stick to the contract and face Chandler, win, and then hop over to the UFC. Not sure how the belt situation will work out in that situation either, you have the champ facing the guy who just lost to the interim champ, yet fighting for the belt?

Interesting piece coming out now is that Alvarez's contract stipulates that Chandler is his next fight, if he, Alvarez, wants it. My understanding is that the fight with Chandler would fulfill his contract and he'd then be a free agent. Would be interesting for him to stick to the contract and face Chandler, win, and then hop over to the UFC. Not sure how the belt situation will work out in that situation either, you have the champ facing the guy who just lost to the interim champ, yet fighting for the belt?

This confirms the theory that Bellator thought they weren't risking anything by leaving Chandler on the card to fight Brooks... Love when an underdog can really fuck shit up.

Back