Eczema

Tea tree oil soap + daily moisturizing with betaderm lotion and cocoa butter

Works for me

I've known a few people that were pretty regular to heavy drinkers, and once they quit drinking alcohol, their skin problems cleared up. One was my uncle who was plagued with psoriasis for decades and tried all kinds of medical treatments without luck. It was amazing to see his psoriasis totally clear up and go away within a month of stopping drinking.

Actually, soap can dry you out even more, and agitate the issue. Especially if it's on your hands.

Moisturizing is the key. Be sure you have a moisturizing soap when washing too. The girly stuff. None of that Zest bar shit.

hm, interesting. i've used irish spring all my life, and i've never had skin issues. but then i don't eat bad food and have never had pimples or anything similar. lucky me, i guess. but damn, anything has to be better than toothpaste.

All skin issues are auto immune issues. A lot of these things are brought on by a strong virus or like previous poster said stomach parasites. I ended up with joint pain and swelling in my late 30s. I was diagnosed with Spondylitis arthritis. I take humors and not only did it stop the joint pain but my skin and stomach issues went away as well. A virus can cause your body to fight itself sometimes.

hm, interesting. i've used irish spring all my life, and i've never had skin issues. but then i don't eat bad food and have never had pimples or anything similar. lucky me, i guess. but damn, anything has to be better than toothpaste.

Consider yourself lucky. I'm pretty much allergy free too, but this thing snuck up on me out of nowhere, and it was one of the worst things I've ever had to deal with. You don't know itch, until you've had this shit. It's insane. Imagine trying to scratch your bones. The itch is that deep, and constant. And then there's the dry, cracking skin on top of that. Oh', it's great fun.

Never heard about the toothpaste solution though. Personally, I don't think that sounds like a good idea.

couple years ago, out of the blue i had some eczema / psoriasis show up on the side of my neck and hands, dunno why, due to stress I think..

anyway I didnt do anything about it and it didnt go away, so I asked some friend who recommended hydrocortisone, put it on ONCE and it disappeared and never came back, it was the weirdest fucking thing ever, but it never came back lol so its all good
I had something similar happen to me last year. All of a sudden I had red flaky spots all over my arms. Lasted about 2 months then just went away.

Stay away from foods/drinks that have citrus in it tends to be a trigger for me. Might be for you too.

Who has cured their cases of skin issues such as eczema, perioral/seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis etc? Anyone? Any stories of suddenly dealing with an issue as opposed to dealing with it since being born and healing it some how?

It isn't eczema. My father works for the Cold Spring Hatchery. He said they found something buried under the bottom of the ocean. Its size dwarfs great white sharks. The thing, whatever species it is, has a mass of tentacles, in the middle of which is a black beak with veins running down the top mandible. This is what it uses to crush its prey.
But the body was long dead. They dried it and chipped of skin which was like rotten wild caught salmon and stunk of an open sardine can left out for a summer in the south seas. We took this dried skin and chopped it up with a food ninja and put it in your town's drinking supply. All the people have been exposed to it and have shown symptoms such as their hair falling out, patches of dry skin falling off to reveal scales, their heads becoming triangular in shape, eyes spread unnatural far apart, and teeth filed down into sharp points for gnawing. They are becoming more violent and also yearn to return to the sea with the new slits on their neck which can take in oxygen from water.
Fathoms below Dagon calls to them and in a dream they swim under the water until the light cannot reach them.

stress is crazy. causes all kinds of hell

When I was a kid I would get a rash that started on my feet and work it's way up my legs. My parents took me to several doctors including dermatologists. I would get it when school started in the fall. It would go away in the winter, come back in the spring and end when school was over. No rash all summer but came back when school started again. All the doctors could come up with was stress, which is their answer when they can't figure it out. It went away during high school but came back when I was in college and I finally figured it out. I'm allergic to polyester. In grade school and junior high the dress code required trousers with creases which were made of polyester with a permanent press chemical. The socks I wore for school were also polyester. In the winter when it was cold out I wore long underwear that were made of cotton and some heavier cotton socks.

By the time I was in high school the dress codes were dropped so I wore jeans and T-shirts to school.

They had tried the patch tests and the only ones that the rash showed up under were the control patches that they didn't put anything on. Those patches had polyester fibers.

Now I only wear cotton clothes and use cotton sheets and blankets.

I've known other people who are allergic to some laundry detergents or fabric softeners. Some people have food allergies.

Back