EC stack

Where do get 6 weeks from - the abstract mentions 24 weeks?

Are you sure they're talking about loss in pounds? The 11 figure is not for CE alone and so not really relevat here.

It says the group treated with CE alone lost -5.9

It's your life and your heart, but when the FDA banned it as unsafe for a weight loss supplement and only suitable for short term use as a bronchodilator / decongestant, and multiple Chinese herbal textbooks as well as a consensus of California board certified primary care practitioners who specialize in the area of medicine which has centuries of empirical and clinical data and familiarity with its use ALL RECOMMEND AGAINST USING IT FOR WEIGHT LOSS.................

you have to be a desperate fool to take it anyway for weight loss based on one Danish study.

Doctors can't read studies. They're mathematically-illiterate. It's honestly sad. There are upwards of 20 studies on the efficacy of ephedrine with regard to weight loss, with minor side-effects reported in a minority of users.

fat burners are only temporary fixes. Unless your nutritional plan is on par, you will gain all of that fat back as soon as the bottle runs out. It's a cheap parlor trick and nothing more.

These are confidence intervals, which basically say something along the lines of: "with 95% certainty, we can say that the mean reduction of total weight from our study was between 4.7% and 7.1% of initial weight, and the mean reduction of total fat mass was between 7.2% and 12% of initial fat mass."

The P value of <.05 listed in their study means that the effects of EC are statistically significant. When looking at a P value, think of it as a "probability of random shit due to chance happening in the study that may make your null hypothesis true, and not your conclusion" type of value. A NULL hypothesis in this context refers to the hypothesis that ephedra and caffeine have NO impact on weight loss.

Thus, when the authors list a test P value of .05, they're essentially stating that they want to test if their EC results can be explained 5% of the time due to some random error of chance. Scientists always want to get actual P values that are lower than test P values because it means their results are significant! In this case, their actual P value is <.05, which means that their P value is lower than their test P value.
If Pobserbed < Ptest, then you can say that your results are statistically significant, and you can reject your null hypothesis. In this case, the authors reject the null hypothesis that EC has no effect on weight loss.

Many thanks for that. That's pretty much what I thought it meant.

So for a 16 stone man one might expect a c. 13lb loss of total bodyweight over about 6 months. Nothing like the 11lbs in 6 weeks originally quoted.

And without any details about calorie intake or control we can't really draw any conclusions about the size of the thermogenic effects of ephedrine from this study - would you agree?

Many thanks for that. That's pretty much what I thought it meant.

So for a 16 stone man one might expect a c. 13lb loss of total bodyweight over about 6 months. Nothing like the 11lbs in 6 weeks originally quoted.

And without any details about calorie intake or control we can't really draw any conclusions about the size of the thermogenic effects of ephedrine from this study - would you agree?

I would agree. This sort of study is like the Topamax weight loss studies that show huge weight loss in patients but never explain why it occurs.

From what I understand, the thermogenic effects of the EC stack are actually quite small, but they are combined with hunger-blunting effects.

I love EC.

Pros:
Appetite suppression
Focus
Energy
Effective Pre-workout

Con(s):
Due to pros, I have been pretty much on it for 3 years straight.

It gives you that contrast between "normal" you and "EC" you. It could also have reorganized my brain chemistry so my dopamine pathways expect constant EC for homeostasis. I'm so hungry and lazy without it.

I love EC.

Pros:
Appetite suppression
Focus
Energy
Effective Pre-workout

Con(s):
Due to pros, I have been pretty much on it for 3 years straight.

It gives you that contrast between "normal" you and "EC" you. It could also have reorganized my brain chemistry so my dopamine pathways expect constant EC for homeostasis. I'm so hungry and lazy without it.

I also noticed very intense/improved focus on EC.

Did it actually help you cut some weight or just eat less? I don't need willpower assistance, I am looking for thermogenic/chemical assistance. All the studies point to an extra 2-4 lbs lost/month on average over placebo.

Do you get caffeine withdrawal symptoms if you come off of it? Also, where do you get your E from?

I've used EC back in the day and more recently. For weight loss, its just not worth it for me. The biggest effect that helps weight loss is appetite suppression IMO, not the thermogenesis.

This isn't scientific just based on personal experience. Of course, the extra energy boost it gives makes you move around more as well. EC is not nearly as good as it used to be before they banned the extract.

It also makes me way prone to anger and depression, and kills my libido. The negatives outweigh the minor benefits, to me at least. I've used DMAA too which in the short run had less negatives but affected me worse in the long run.

Slightly related question - are there any appetite suppressants that are non-stim based that actually work?

Yes. Fiber and a glass of water.

Agreed. Try Psyllium Husk added to an omelet, or if you don't like that flavor ,just down a glass with PLENTY of water. It's very important to drink it with a LOT of water, you can choke on it because it expands when consumed.

Or if you can tolerate some calories - chia seeds are 100% fiber by mass.

So to answer your original question

1. Ephedra and ephedrine are not the same thing
2. What's the difference
--A. Ephedrine is a chemical to its own
--B. Ephedra is a plant extract
--C. Ephedra can contain ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, and most importantly, norephedrine (aka, adrenaline).

While, for most practical purposes, ephedrine (and even pseudoephedrine) will perform close to the same as the original ECA stack it is not the same.

I've read some things about YCA. Do some research on it. Yohimbe is MUCH EASIER to come by in the US than ephedrine.

Also, be wary of l-tyrosine when taking an ECA or YCA stack. Something about the beta and alpha antagonizers and agonizers and such interacting in a way which raises blood pressure and could cause problems.

I've used EC back in the day and more recently. For weight loss, its just not worth it for me. The biggest effect that helps weight loss is appetite suppression IMO, not the thermogenesis.

This isn't scientific just based on personal experience. Of course, the extra energy boost it gives makes you move around more as well. EC is not nearly as good as it used to be before they banned the extract.

It also makes me way prone to anger and depression, and kills my libido. The negatives outweigh the minor benefits, to me at least. I've used DMAA too which in the short run had less negatives but affected me worse in the long run.

The thermogenic effect is mild. My understanding is the EC stack is supposed to be muscle sparring while you are in a calorie deficit which along with the appetite suppression are the main benefits.

I have use EC stacks in the past and I think they can be helpful for someone who is already very lean, 10% body fat or under, lose that last little bit of weight or in short intense diets like McDonalds rapid fat loss. If you don't fit either of these categories, then you are better off fixing your diet and exercise.

Also, some tips for those looking to start a stack:
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: If you are going to try it, ONLY DO 1 dose at half-strength on the first day. That should be no more than 10 mg ephedrin, 100 mg caffeine in ONE DOSE, that's all - nothing else. Use this to test for any adverse reactions.
- I'm using Bronkaid for my ephedrine HCL (25 mg/pill)
- Walmart only sells 24 pill boxes, and will sell a maximum of 2 to you at a time
- CVS sells 60 pill boxes
- At both you will be carded, and you can only buy a maximum of 9 g epe HCL/month. DOn't flip out when they ask for your license.
- CVS also sells caffeine pills in mass which are conveniently 200 mg/each, and aspirin which are conveniently 330 mg/each - both are which are the clinical dose for an EC stack.

Last edited:
Lyle Mcdonald Is a twink and another one of these quote a study gurus. Just disregard anything he says.

ECA is a weak fat burner at best. Only thing you'll lose is water from the caffeine and ephedrine. Clenbuterol is the same way

if you want fat burning with diet = ketogenic diet

if you want fat burning with a pill, = t3

Back