Ebo Elder...

Michael Fortin

Amateur Fighter
Reaction score
Anyone a fan of his? I don't keep up with the names in boxing much, but he is making an appearance at the gym I train at this Thursday. All I know is that he is 22-2 and was on season 2 of the Contender. Should be a good learning experience.

Ebo Elder was a excellent amateur boxer and is a pretty good pro. He most likely would have made the 2000 olympic team if it wasn't for his arch nemesis Ricardo Williams (they fought like 8 or 9 times in the amateurs). He has good hand speed and an exciting, high paced fighting style. But his chin will always hold him back from being a world class contender.

Because of his amateur pedigree and pro experience you should recieve some excellent training with him.

Nice guy, average fighter.

I remember him saying on the contender he was going to trust god and put his fate in his hands, right before being KO'd in the 4th round by Michael Stewart. I guess god didn't share his love that day, lol.

I also heard Maywether Jr beat the crap out of him during sparring for running his mouth. Can't recall the exact details, but would be interested to have it confirmed. I think it was KK who told me about it??

Ebo is retired from what i remember. Hopefully he will be in shape and not disappoint.

Elder v. Burton in 2004 was one of the best fights I've ever seen in my entire life.

His girlfriend was NOT attractive.

I remember him saying on the contender he was going to trust god and put his fate in his hands, right before being KO'd in the 4th round by Michael Stewart. I guess god didn't share his love that day, lol.

I also heard Maywether Jr beat the crap out of him during sparring for running his mouth. Can't recall the exact details, but would be interested to have it confirmed. I think it was KK who told me about it??

from what i heard it was ugly.

Brave guy, but his shit was too messy. I remember Lakva gave him a 12 round beatdown because of his lack of defense.

he's also WAY too along in the head trauma department. I'm glad he hung um up.

He had a lot of guts, as I recall, but his skill level left a little bit to be desired, especially against top-level guys.

im sure u could learn something from him seeing as he has competed against world class opp; not saying he is a tech or a beast in the ring, but i think he has something to share.

but the other comments were pretty on point

I heard Paul Spaddy did the same to Mayweather for the same reason..lol

Yeah.. Ebo is average. I watched him in the ams a bit and didnt really expect much from him as a result. He's the definition of a gateway fighter imo

Ebo Elder is the ugliest human on the face of the earth.

Yeah, I'm not sure if Ebo ran his mouth but they had it out at Top Rank and Ebo got torn up.

I heard Paul Spaddy did the same to Mayweather for the same reason..lol

No, there's A LOT of confusion and mixed-up stories about that sparring session. But unlike the Ebo one, the video of that one is on Youtube.

Your first post and you moan about fighter bashing? Something tells me you've been here before.

It was only light hearted and it very nearly made me piss my pants.

Back