EBI 4 Countdown

He HAS been armbarred by Keenan before if you remember...so he does tap from them. They can choose the back or spiderweb. Maybe go spiderweb on him.

He HAS been armbarred by Keenan before if you remember...so he does tap from them. They can choose the back or spiderweb. Maybe go spiderweb on him.

Keenan put him to sleep as a brown belt as well. Granted, it was a gi choke, but still.

Joao will probably come out and kill everyone in regulation now haha. Maybe we underestimate his finishing ability.

Joao will probably come out and kill everyone in regulation now haha. Maybe we underestimate his finishing ability.

I don't think anyone who's watched him underestimates his finishing ability. He submits a lot of guys. It's his game and his tactics that make people not like him.

Keep in mind Keenan looks skinny in a gi but he's huge. 200lbs and Joao "Meow" Miyao is like 150 soaking wet.

A lot of people dislike to immediate plop to guard as well as insisting on the berimbolo all the time.

I do think Joao has adjusted his game some. I saw a recent GQ nogi event and he did a fair amount of passing. Both of the Miyaos seem way more comfortable passing and playing top than they did as brown belts, but pulling immediately and trying to invert under to the back is definitely their A game.

I could be wrong but I was assuming that's what Rambo meant

Historically the Miyao's were very single minded in their attacks. Inside or outside berimbolo to the back, and it frankly was very boring if they got shut down, because, aside from footlocks, they would.not.deviate. One of the Miyao's had an hour long match with Grippo at Copa Podio where that's all they did the entire time. It was terrible.

Luckily, since they established Unity, they both seem to be passing much more in competition, and looking damn good doing it.

so is this gon be the pbp thread? This thing starts in like 5 minutes(according to the countdown after you buy it). Get hype!

Back