eBay Fakes Thread

just a horrible fake:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cleto-Reyes-16oz-red-leather-lace-up-Gloves/202591785235

also sucky:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/winning-boxing-set/283371016315

Ooh ok, I’ve never seen any of his videos, maybe a few seconds and kept scrolling down because I know who your talking about I just don’t remember seeing any full reviews.

Guys that know their materials real deep and can legit get somewhere in manufacturing their gear seem to limit what they say when it’s in depth details of what to look for and how it’s done, I don’t blame them but then again he only did reviews.

The csquare guy’s last post was on the Rival RB10. For some reason the design really attracts me those evil things, just keep whispering at my wallet, just like Bird Box, my wallet has the blindfolds on hopefully the gloves don’t tell it something sweet enough to get it to take the blinds off. I know how durable high end Synthetics and Microfibers can be but $160 on Title and $170 on the Rival website seems a little to high.
I don't have much knowledge on materials but my guess is that those companies pick synthetics either for marketing reasons, or to keep the weight of the glove down, or rather I think it's just because a high quality synthetic would be cheaper than sourcing a high quality leather, and the same with using mesh, and neither have much impact on the functionality of the glove but allow them to manufacture it at a cheaper cost. I doubt much of the 170dollars is actually covering the cost of the construction of the glove, compared to some other brands, but they still seem like well designed pieces of equipment. I've never used the RB10 but I have tried their d30 bag mitt very briefly and the padding kind of just felt like what some other brands might advertise as a particularly dense gel. I could be wrong about all of this though as I've never owned Rival gloves. There's lots of reviews, some very positive and some not so positive about the RB10 on this wbesite, although they updated the glove so that the wrist support is better, apparently, but the d30 is the same.

Last edited:
just a horrible fake:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cleto-Reyes-16oz-red-leather-lace-up-Gloves/202591785235

also sucky:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/winning-boxing-set/283371016315

I don't have much knowledge on materials but my guess is that those companies pick synthetics either for marketing reasons, or to keep the weight of the glove down, or rather I think it's just because a high quality synthetic would be cheaper than sourcing a high quality leather, and the same with using mesh, and neither have much impact on the functionality of the glove but allow them to manufacture it at a cheaper cost. I doubt much of the 170dollars is actually covering the cost of the construction of the glove, compared to some other brands, but they still seem like well designed pieces of equipment. I've never used the RB10 but I have tried their d30 bag mitt very briefly and the padding kind of just felt like what some other brands might advertise as a particularly dense gel. I could be wrong about all of this though as I've never owned Rival gloves. There's lots of reviews, some very positive and some not so positive about the RB10 on this wbesite, although they updated the glove so that the wrist support is better, apparently, but the d30 is the same.

Yeah I don’t know much either specifically, I think composite microfiber may be a little more pricey than synthetic though. I’ve seen it in furniture and it’s pretty nice and tough as hell, maybe rougher than leather but it’s still nice. Yeah for $170 there’s too many better options for less, he mentioned the performance being identical to the Title Foam Channels which went for $50 on sale before being discontinued but new probably didn’t go over $120 they seemed like decent gloves you know Title has too many gloves for their own good. I would love a pair, I’ve never own any Rivals either but these might be too much and I doubt Rival will put them on sale.

getting proper fed up with all the fake winning on ebay at the moment from same sellers over and over

getting proper fed up with all the fake winning on ebay at the moment from same sellers over and over
The one good thing about it is that it may help lower the costs that some people may list their genuine Winning products for. I just received today from a BIN listing a barely used 12oz Winning pair for 130GBP, pretty pleased.

The one good thing about it is that it may help lower the costs that some people may list their genuine Winning products for. I just received today from a BIN listing a barely used 12oz Winning pair for 130GBP, pretty pleased.

That's a good observation. I'd never thought of it like that before.

Thats awesome what color?

Thats awesome what color?

102.jpg

Back