Eating/Running

ShogunOOORAH

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I train but rarely run. Now that i'll be running in the mornings I have a question. Should I eat hard boiled eggs before I run? Or should I wait to eat afterwards?

hmm, i dunno, i find it easier running on an emptyish stomach. Plus, egg burps while you are really tired WILL make u throw up ;)

If your doing LSD might as well eat your eggs while your running. At least it will give you something to do.

Its always better to do your cardio in the morning on an empty stomach, that way itll go str8 to burning fat as opposed to the contents in your stomach.

Its always better to do your cardio in the morning on an empty stomach, that way itll go str8 to burning fat as opposed to the contents in your stomach.

Actually, it'll go str8 to burning muscle.

edit: I decided not to be a dick and give some actual info.

If you want to avoid burning muscle, you'll take in a small amount of protein (preferably BCAAs) before your run. That way, your body will not think "oh shit, I'm starving! Since these muscles use more energy than this fat, I'll eat the muscle for fuel. That will help me survive longer!"

If you want to avoid burning muscle, you'll take in a small amount of protein (preferably BCAAs) before your run. That way, your body will not think "oh shit, I'm starving! Since these muscles use more energy than this fat, I'll eat the muscle for fuel. That will help me survive longer!"

good call dude,

protein shake. u need fuel in the tank and egg burps suck ass.

When you say a small amount, would 1 scoop of whey be about right?

Assuming that's roughly ~20-30 grams, that would be just fine.

Just take in a small enough amount that it doesn't hinder your performance. Experiment a little.

I dont know man, the protein shake burps are way worse than egg burps to me..

Not saying its correct but all of the military services traditionally PT first thing in the morning before breakfast. If your PT is hard, you probably wont want anything substantial in your stomach. If there are any lulls in your training you will probably get really irritable and hungry. A Compact routine to maximize time and workout is the best for my morning workout.

I will usually chow half/whole granola bar and a swig of juice. After that, just water.

I marathons and halfmarathons and the last things you want to do before any run is eat eggs haha

protein shake in monring does the trick for me when I have a long hard day ahead of me (i work blue collar so i do a lot of heavy lifting and throwing) or when I am going for a run

It's all about the protein shake. I can't run or do anything physical for that matter on an empty stomache.

Back