Eating/Protein Intake on "Off" Days

farmboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm trying to gain weight. Should I be eating as much and drinking protein shakes and such on days that I'm not lifting weights as on days that I am?

You need a steady diet if you are trying to gain weight. Eat smart, lean, and often. If you are a hardgainer, this is especially true. Make an effort to eat even more on the days you lift since you will be burning more calories.

Brand Nizzle said:
Yes you should, if not more.

What if you aren't trying to gain weight, should someone still take the protein shakes on there 'off' days?

Newcastle said:
You need a steady diet if you are trying to gain weight. Eat smart, lean, and often. If you are a hardgainer, this is especially true. Make an effort to eat even more on the days you lift since you will be burning more calories.

I'm definitely a "hard gainer". I've been stuck at around 170 forever. I'd love to get up around 180.

Is this for lean muscle mass gaining?

I hope so.

ObsceneJester said:
What if you aren't trying to gain weight, should someone still take the protein shakes on there 'off' days?

Yes, the amount of protein should be the same whether you are trying to gain weight or not. If you are trying to gain weight then you should add more calories to your diet and lift accordingly.

farmboy said:
I'm definitely a "hard gainer". I've been stuck at around 170 forever. I'd love to get up around 180.

I was stuck at 170 forever.

My secret weapon:

Milk.

Protein is the tool of the Devil. Protein is snake oil. Protein is false. You can get it much cheaper if you buy it at a flea market or from an online vendor you've never once in your life heard of. Protein is the absolute worst garbage known to man and is WAY overpriced.

I was stuck at 170 forever.

My secret weapon:

Milk.

Source? Study?

Yes, the amount of protein should be the same whether you are trying to gain weight or not. If you are trying to gain weight then you should add more calories to your diet and lift accordingly.

Absolutely incorrect.

LOL I hope all of you who know me understood that this is simply an impression of the kind of shit that is simply NOT WELCOME here.

King Kabuki said:
Source? Study?

QUOTE]

Study participent: Me
Control group: none

I started drinking a crapload of milk every day. Between classes, first thing in the morning, at night, while masturbating...always!!

In about a 3 months I finally put on the last ten pounds to my target weight. This was of course combined with a heavy lifting workout and increased cardio.

And yea I know you are kidding. But seriously...milk has done wonders for me. Way, way, way underestimated for bulking. But of course if there were 5 page ads in "Muscle and Fitness" with "The New Breakthrough Supplement....Milk!!! Drink it and get huge," there would be all kinds of shmucks paying 17 dollars a gallon for it and saying how great it is.

You drink Milk WHILE Masturbating? Sick.

Pretty sure thats not the kind of milk you want to be drinking.

King Kabuki said:
You drink Milk WHILE Masturbating? Sick.

There are those that want to gain weight, King...and there are those who do.

Wait a minute, it's defeating the purpose though, because you're eliminating a higher concentration of protein than you're intaking, I'm sure.

Alright this conversation has officially gone into un-charted waters.

As to quote Marilyn Manson..............

"Cumshots are fine..............long as it's yours."

King Kabuki said:
Wait a minute, it's defeating the purpose though, because you're eliminating a higher concentration of protein than you're intaking, I'm sure.

Alright this conversation has officially gone into un-charted waters.

speaking of waters...whats the story behind the new AV? Is that some sort of monster underwater??

Nah, he's in a forest with spooky lighting. If you've ever seen Aqua Teen Hunger Force, the "Universal Remonster" episode, they were supposed to be watching scary movies. I fucking HATE puppets, and every TV show they have on that cartoon (that the characters are supposed to be watching) is all puppets, so their scary movie featured this thing chasing around other puppets, laughing maniacally, and jabbing that knife into them. I thought to myself "they're trying to mimick scary movies and their mimick is actually freakier than most of the movies out nowadays."

Back