Eating Meatloaf

Noskill

Created Monkey
Reaction score
I used to post here once in a while. Just got my computer, you guys are going to see me every so often.
Still training hard, at home, mostly with dumbells: Heavy dumbell deadlifts, benches, militaries, rows, shrugs, heavy abwork and some Hip belt squats are what I do. I train grip pretty often too.

Today, I wasn't supposed to work out at all, but I failed to resist grip work:
Coc warmup with #1
A few right handed #2 closes
A few attempts, all failed w/ left
Overcrushes w/#1
Pinch deadlift 4 10'sx1 each hand
Pinch deadlift 2 25'sx1 each hand
Pinch one arm row 4 10's x6
Pinch one arm row 2 25's x5

I might do some stretch bands extensor work or some sledge levering later tonight, I dunno.
Maybe after I'm done eating that meatloaf.

yesterday's workout
All for 3 sets

DB Bench Press 180x9
Situps w/ plates behind head, immediately followed by cyclones 15x11
DB DEadlifts 270x5
Hip belt sumo Squats 150x8
DB Bench w/ 3 second static at bottom 170x7
DB Shrugs 250x12
One arm row 110x9
DB Neutral seated military press 100x11

I was supposed to do Hammer curls but I ran out of time. I'm going to do them tonight, when I work my grip.

EDIT:
Worked grip tonight, COC and wrist roller, to hell with the hammer curls I was supposed to do. I did a lot of singles on the #2, closing it all the time with my right hand and always missing with my left. I did some overcrushes on the 1 and some inverted closes too.
The wrist roller was very tough. I did five full rolls one way and 6 the other w/75 pounds on my training partner's wrist roller. tough stuff.

Today's workout
3 sets for everything

DB Bench Press 180x10 (very hard, I blame all the grip work I've been doing lately, not enough full recovery days, therefore, no grip tomorrow, I gotta hit 180x11 friday)
Situps w/ plates behind head, immediately followed by cyclones 20x5
DB DEadlifts 270x5
Hip belt sumo Squats 150x9
DB Bench w/ 3 second static at bottom 170x8
DB Shrugs 260x8
One arm row 110x10
DB Neutral seated unsupported military press 100x12-12-failed (I'm still gonna add 10 pounds friday though)
HAmmer curls 100x11

It sucks to be forced to cut back on grip work, but total body is moer important than grip right now, I gotta hit 200x8 on the db flat bench and 300x5 on the db Deadlift by christmas.
Bench has never been going up so fast. In fact both strength and size gains that I make right now mimic the most productive lifting phase in my life, which was about 3 years ago. Oddly enough, this phase constituted also in high volume, 3 days a week full body workouts. I wonder how fucking dumb I had to be to fail to take notice that my best gains came with a drastic change in training format The same thing seems to be happening right now. This looks like it's the way to go for me, at least for now...If anybody is reading and dissatisfied with his current results, give it a try:
3x/week
full body
heavy dbs
compound lifts
3 sets
8-10 exercises
8-12 reps for most stuff
extra grip days
eat meatloaf without anything else, just meatloaf and a beer. But a fucking ton of it (the meatloaf, not the beer.)

Todays workout

DB Bench Press 180x11 (was worried about those but they went surprisingly well, cutting off grip work a bit seemed to help, 180x12 monday should be a breeze after 2 days of rest)
Situps w/ plates behind head, immediately followed by cyclones 20x5 (adding 5lbs monday)
DB DEadlifts 270x5 (adding 10 pounds monday)
Hip belt sumo Squats 150x10 (pretty hard but its all good, those work the shit out of my glutes ...HA! No pun intended)
DB Bench w/ 3 second static at bottom 180x5
DB Shrugs 260x9
One arm row 110x11
DB Neutral seated military press 110x8
Hammer curls 110x8

Everything went very well today, I only hope I wont get the flu during the weekend, my training partner got it and couldn't train today.

Typing is a bitch now. I just did
Few singles and overcrushes w/#1&2 (more volume for my left as it has yet to close the #2.
Hammer curls (didn't do them during my full body training) 110x9
Thick bar reverse curls 75x10
rubber bands extensor work

Yesterday I did some pinching and some extensor work too. It is frustrating how my pinch strength fluctuates, couldn't one arm row 2 25's more than twice, although I could do it five times a week ago. Also, my pinch strength seems to be at its max during my workout,I can usually pinch 2 25's after hip belt squats, I try to set up my dbs this way. Anyway.

Today's workout

DB Bench Press 180x12
Situps w/ plates behind head, immediately followed by cyclones 25x5
DB DEadlifts 270x6
Hip belt sumo Squats 160x8
DB Bench w/ 3 second static at bottom 180x6
DB Shrugs 260x10
One arm row 110x12
DB Neutral seated military press 110x9-9-8

yesterday's workout

DB Bench Press 190x8
DB DEadlifts 270x7 (pretty hard, but with good form)
Hip belt sumo Squats 160x9
DB Bench w/ 3 second static at bottom 180x7
DB Shrugs 260x11
One arm row 115x8
DB Neutral seated military press 110x9-9-8 (time to switch exercises here, 2 failures in a row isn't good)
Hammer Curls 110x11

Good workout. Neck has been feeling stiff for some time now, I did some neck stretches and front and back bridges today to loosen it/ strenghten it .Might be the shrugs or the way that I sleep that causes the pain. Maybe the bridges will solve the problem.

Your using 190pd Dumbells?Holy shit..thats amazing.

I love Pinch gripp plate toss, but you put the weight around your back and catch it with your other hand

Duncon76 said:
Your using 190pd Dumbells?Holy shit..thats amazing.

I love Pinch gripp plate toss, but you put the weight around your back and catch it with your other hand
I think that he means 2 95lb dumbbells... ...either that, or he is extremely strong....

I wish it was 190 lbs dbs, but it's not. That would be crazy strong. One of my long term goals is 300x8 on the db bench. I don't even hope to lift 380 someday. I always list the total weight/lift that means the weight = 2 dbs for bench and 1 DB for one arm rows.

Never tried plate pinch catches, I geuss I should, my pinch grip seems to be stalling nowadays.

Side note: did some singles on the number 2, for no appreciable progress on my left hand and levered my 10 pound sledge by the bottom of the handle for 2 reps by hand tonight. these are getting up. I try to think myself into not doing too much grip but it's kinda hard.

Today's workout

DB Bench Press 190x9
DB DEadlifts 270x8
Hip belt sumo Squats 160x10
DB Bench w/ 3 second static at bottom 180x8-8-6
DB Shrugs 260x12
One arm row 115x9
French Press 70x12
Hammer Curls 110x112

Good workout. The hip belt squats are getting very tough, but they're great.

yeah, gotta love grip work. I'm just trying to keep it from stopping my progress on the other lifts cause I already do lots of volume.

Speaking of which:
Yesterday:
Toyed a bit with the CoC, didn't feel too strong on them
Toyed a bit with the sledge, didn't feel too strong either
Did some extensor work
Plate pinches: a few deadlifts w/ 2 25'S and 5 one arm rows w/ my right hand, 2 with my left.
still not PR's. At least, I got to say that the 25's I lift for pinch are tough: very slick, regular plates, they seem harder than the 35's at my old gym.

Bleh.

Do you wrap a towell around a chin up bar to make it nice and thick and put your hands undergrip style and do hangs?? They are great.

Eagle loops..so you can do 1,2.3.4 finger chinups, rows, deads are even more fantastic :))))

Every try them?

I don't have a chinup bar in my home gym. I plan on buying the eagle loops though just before I restart judo, In April. Then I'll focus on all sorts of chinups w/ and without the eagle loops, calisthenics, plyometrics and odd lifts while doing a base general strength and mass workout, to retain what I gained in weights 'season'.

Today's workout

DB Bench Press 190x10 (felt heavy, mytriceps and forearms were shot after this one, time to replace shoulder work by tricep work)
Situps w/ plates behind head, immediately followed by cyclones 30x5
DB DEadlifts 284x5
Hip belt sumo Squats 165x8
DB Bench w/ 3 second static at bottom 180x8-8-7
DB Shrugs 270x8
One arm row 115x10
French Press 75x8
Hammer Curls 120x8

2hours later I did some grip tried pinch and grippers but those felt like shit. When I grabbed my sledge it seemed fine though and so I did mostly lever work. A Pr! touching my nose 3 times with my 10 pound sledge held by the bottom of the handle. A few other sledge exercises later, I did 3 set of thickbar reverse curls 80x10. Then I called the day off with some rubber bands extensor work.

Good day total body, although some of that shit is getting tough ( I would love to hit 190x12 on friday for DB Bench, If I do, that means I'll have 200x8 on next monday. IT would be the first time ever I would be able to DB Bench 200, and it would be 8 times! Also, deadlifts and hip belt squats are both getting slowly towards my limit.)
Ok grip day, disappointed by cruch and pinch, but lever was great. I dunno If I should keep crush and pinch only on saturday, while doing lever and extensor work the rest of the week. I think that's what I'll try: good pinch days and crush days are getting far in between.

Yesterday's workout

DB Bench Press 190x11
DB DEadlifts 288x5
Hip belt sumo Squats 165x9
DB Bench w/ 3 second static at bottom 180x8-8-8 (my left wrist gave out on the last rep, it curled back, I was nevertheless able to complete the rep, but it took a few seconds on the way up.)
DB Shrugs 270x9
One arm row 115x11
French Press 75x9
Hammer Curls 120x9

I hope I'll be able to do 190x12 tomorrow on the bench.

Yesterday's workout

DB Bench Press 190x12-12-11 (it sucked to miss the last 12_
DB DEadlifts 270x9 (bad form, low back couldn't follow)
Hip belt sumo Squats 165x10
DB Bench w/ 3 second static at bottom 190x5
DB Shrugs 270x10
One arm row 115x12
French Press 75x10
Hammer Curls 120x10

Iwas very disappointed witht his workout, mainly because of the bench and the deadlift. However, I calmed down with time (I was thinking about changing the workout as a whole) and will face adversity like a man. It was not a bad workout, merely an ok one.

Trained grip today
My left hand came very close to closing the #2
Did some negatives and overcrushes
Tried the #3, it felt like a brick
Plate pinches: a few rows and passing the plates behind the back
wrist felt weak, no sledge
extensor work

workout was bullshit today
Bench and db deadlift both didn't come up or with bad form. Therefore I'm taking a break from lifting (7 days), with a major routine change when I come back.

I think about doing on monday
Deep sumo deadlifts 290x4x3 (and add 5 pounds every workout)
DB Neutral floor Press 190x5 (and add 10 pounds every week)
Hip belt Sumo squats 170x8 (8-10 rep scheme)
Db Neutral bench press 180x8 (8-12)
Bb Rows 225x8 (8-12)
BB Hang clean&Press 100x6 (6-10)
Weighted situps followed by cyclones 15x8 (8-12)
Stiff legged deadlifts 220x15 (just one set of those)

Back from 6 days of rest w/ a change in routine (main lifts were stagnating)

Monday
Heavy sumo deadlift 400x1 (previous best is 425, 400 felt heavy. Going to try 405 or 410 next monday
Speed Deadlift 10 singles @ 220
DB Neutral grip floor press 190x5
Situps w/ plates behind head, immediately followed by cyclones 35x5
Sumo hip belt squats 170x9
DB Neutral grip bench 180x8
One arm row 120x8
Bent over shrugs200x8
French press 75x11
Hammer Curls 120x11

Wednesday

Floor Press 200x5
Stiff leg db deadlifts 210x8
Sumo hip belt squats 170x10
DB Neutral grip bench 180x9
One arm row 120x9
Bent over shrugs200x9
French press 75x12
Hammer Curls 120x12

Did some grippers last aturday, came close to close the number 2 with my left hand. Grippers definitely seem to benefit from low frequency, high intensity. I started doing negatives lately. I feel overall more motivated than before the break and I feel strong as an ox. I'll definitely be doing this all my life. It's great.

Today

Floor Press 200x5 (felt heavier than they should have)
Stiff leg db deadlifts 210x9 (sloooow and controlled, I don'T like the idea of rounding my spine)
Sumo hip belt squats 175x8
DB Neutral grip bench 180x10
One arm row 120x10
Bent over shrugs200x10 (it's hard not to transform them into rows)
French press 80x8
Hammer Curls 130x8

Pretty good. Tomorrow is grip day I guess.

Back