Eating disorders are terrifying

Shuque

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I'm watching someone I love dearly struggle with anorexia/bulemia and it is excruciating to witness.

In watching this struggle I'm reminded of my battles with addiction. The urge and compulsions are just as strong as anything I've witnessed before.

I'm terrified about what the future holds for my loved one.

F@ck Instagram, tik tok and all other forms of social media. That shit is for fakers, haters, and trolls and it's poisonous to young teens.

Last edited:
I'm watching someone I love dearly struggle with anorexia/bulemia and it is excruciating to witness.

In watching this struggle I'm reminded of my battles with addiction. The urge and compulsions are just as strong as anything I've witnessed before.

F@ck Instagram, tic toc and all other forms of social media. That shit is for fakers, haters, and trolls and it's poisonous to young teens.
That's rough, Sherbro. I wish them the best of luck.

I noticed a lot of the ladies that were anorexic have switched over to bodybuilding/powerlifting/crossfit

Take care of her TS,
My sister struggled with this for a few years and she ended up commiting suicide at 22yrs old.

Seek all the help you can Brother.
It's not going to be easy.
Sorry to hear about your sister.

F@ck Instagram, tic toc and all other forms of social media. That shit is for fakers, haters, and trolls and it's poisonous to young teens.

Give your loved one as much love & support as possible. Eating disorders are exceptionally dangerous. They're the mental illness with the highest mortality rate & the sooner you can get the individual suffering from the ED in treatment the better. Outpatient therapy is good but the most effective means of treatment is getting your loved one into an ED rehab facility where they can monitor her 24 hrs per day.

Before she passed in March my wife worked as a mental health counselor who specialized in the treatment of EDs at a private rehab facility in Sedona, AZ. She was considered one of the best in her field.

Take care of her TS,
My sister struggled with this for a few years and she ended up commiting suicide at 22yrs old.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

I noticed a lot of the ladies that were anorexic have switched over to bodybuilding/powerlifting/crossfit

It's a slightly different condition in itself but I can see how one would cross over into the other.

I met a woman in the gym, she told me she did 9 hours in there, she didn't look healthy but I didn't want to say anything, just had a joke about how some people work less hours as a job.

Take care of her TS,

Really sorry to hear this.

TS, all you can do is support them and get them to try and accept professional help.

Take care of her TS,

I mean, this is just absolutely fucking terrible. I'm sorry. I hope you are well.

Take care of her TS,

sorry to hear this man. I can only wish you the best.

Instagram isnt the issue really. It is basically photo sharing for a closer circle of friends. There is tons of body positivity on there and anti bullying stuff I think it has helped people

TikTok is more the issue as they dont regulate anything and the appeal is short video 10 second or 30 second or so clips of absurdity.

Back