eating cheap and healthy in japan!!

CANADIANFIGHTCLUB

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I notice fruit and veggies are expensive, anyine got any tips of eating healthy in japan and eating cheap+???

As far as eating cheap, you are generally screwed. Food is very expensive in Japan. On the flip side, the fruits and veggies are excellent quality, the best I have ever seen.

three words...

sushi
sushi
sushi

I used to eat that stuff for breakfast over there man...good stuff.

Try to find a "kyu Kyu" (99) store around. They are like dollar stores and they are good places to get stuff like milk and nuts and fruit for cheap.

Ramen, udon, superhealthy for fastfood and cheap. Since you are hanging out with Enson in Japan, do you really need to ask us for cheap eats + how to eat healthy over there ?.

Try head to Kyubei in Ginza atleast once also, you can go when they have lunch. Not a cheap eat but that was the best sushi I've had in my life.

yeah ramen is not really healthy

japan is a super expensive place to eat
especially for a big hungry round eye.

No such thing as cheap in Japan try and score yourself a japanese girl who will cook for you =)

E C Monee said:
No such thing as cheap in Japan try and score yourself a japanese girl who will cook for you =)

Its funny you should say that. I remember I was spending the night at my (Japanese) girlfriend's house. I woke up and she was like "breakfast is ready." I couldn't believe how much food she fixed me. And she was happy to do it. Needless to say, I had never had a girlfriend cook so much food for me before. My ex would cook about once a month, and then act like it was a huge deal, even though I took her out to eat about twice a week. I took a picture.

I don't have much experience with Japanese women but I know if they are anything like Korean women they love to cook and they cook for fucking armies. Seriously get yourself a nice girl who will want to feed you all the time and enjoy it, save some money, and train. Although it is a lot easier said then done but hey it won't hurt to try.

Good Luck
-E

CANADIANFIGHTCLUB said:
I notice fruit and veggies are expensive, anyine got any tips of eating healthy in japan and eating cheap+???

Can't relate, veggies/chicken/eggs were cheap as hell for me when I lived there. Guess you picked to live in a city... DOH

Boondocksaint said:
three words...

sushi
sushi
sushi

I used to eat that stuff for breakfast over there man...good stuff.

Try to find a "kyu Kyu" (99) store around. They are like dollar stores and they are good places to get stuff like milk and nuts and fruit for cheap.

Whats your favorite? I only had california rolls before, and I fucking love them lol

Brand Nizzle said:
Whats your favorite? I only had california rolls before, and I fucking love them lol

Man, I love all Sushi. I guess my favorite would be the tuna sushi. We had a rotating sushi bar near our dorm, for about 7 bucks you could get a freakin' ton of Sushi.

(sigh) life was good.

I want to move to japan when I can, but I doubt i'll ever move outta NJ and I'll never be able to learn japanese haha

Brand Nizzle said:
I want to move to japan when I can, but I doubt i'll ever move outta NJ and I'll never be able to learn japanese haha

If you have a college degree, then you can apply for the Jet Program. Do a google search for it. That is what I'm doing.

And you don't have to know Japanese to live there. You will pick up more than enough to get by.

I'm planning on doing the Jet Program too whenever I get my degree (it will be atleast another four years, I'm currently in the military and I take classes when I can)

If you got any good tips to pass on, send me a PM please Boondock.

get a rice machine and a big ass sack of rice, it might get boring but it's cheap and filling.

Boondocksaint said:
If you have a college degree, then you can apply for the Jet Program. Do a google search for it. That is what I'm doing.

And you don't have to know Japanese to live there. You will pick up more than enough to get by.

Jet program? wtf is that? I'll google it...

Are you planning on training at all? Why do ya want to move to Japan?

Back