East Dallas, TX training questions

jakobstone

The Chocolate Tornado
Reaction score
I need some help, I have been watching mma mainly ufc since the second UFC came out on VHS, I have always wanted to train and now I have alot of time on my hands but not alot of money. I wish my friends were into it but they consider it too "gay" or they train in other ma like kali or kung fu and beat me down with how great it is.

I have trained before but after awhile the instructors don't even train you anymore they just leave a bunch of students to train themselves and they are not very into competing.

Anyways, I live in mesquite and I am seriously interested in training and competing. PM me if you can give me any info or just post here to let me know.

Thanks in advance.

it sounds like you have been into it a long time,
and you think you've gotten a fair amount of knowledge and want to test yourself.

on the other hand your comment about after a while the instructors don't even train you
anymore, shows your looking for more than just rolling.

perhaps what your looking for is a free club.... which is rare. And usually if there IS a free
club, the guys are hobbyists, not hard core, and do not want to compete.
either you have to start it yourself or look for an existing one.
are you good enough to start one and teach?

Not many places on the East side.

Do you wanta compete MMA, or just compete? If it's the second, and you looking for grappling (this is the grappling forum after all, so I assume so) then it sounds to me like Judo is the way to go for you. Good Judo clubs can be cheap, and Judo is all over.

http://www.starjiujitsu.com

They do Greco-Roman/Freestyle wrestling, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai, Judo, and MMA training. The instructors are great. I just started going there about 3 weeks ago. The atmosphere is competitive, yet positive and friendly. The UTD wrestling team also comes and trains there on Monday and Thursday nights from 6:30 to 8:30. There really isn't enough I can say about Star Jiu-Jitsu...I am glad I chose to go there and am very happy with them. :) PM me if ya want.

VampireMonk said:
it sounds like you have been into it a long time,
and you think you've gotten a fair amount of knowledge and want to test yourself.

on the other hand your comment about after a while the instructors don't even train you
anymore, shows your looking for more than just rolling.

perhaps what your looking for is a free club.... which is rare. And usually if there IS a free
club, the guys are hobbyists, not hard core, and do not want to compete.
either you have to start it yourself or look for an existing one.
are you good enough to start one and teach?

I was thinking about asking to start one up at eastfield college, I will let you all know what I find out, and if it's possible for non students to come up here.

No, I am not good enough to teach, as far as starting one, I think I could I would just have to find the time and need at least one more person who is serious about it.

I have light years to go before competing (training, conditioning, getting into better shape) but I have always wanted to do this to see if I can actually be good at it. I know I could have beaten at least half of the light heavyweights from TUF1 especially with some training from chuck or randy.

Anyways, I will see what it would take to start something up here at Eastfield, if there already isn't something bedides karate, or kung fu.

Back